Kai's Past I

Seven Year Gap [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QUICK HEADS UP: The title of this story's going to change from "You Want Me Now?" to "The Seven Year Gap" starting next this next chapter.  Sorry for the random changes guise, the title was just bugging us. 

BUT THANK YOU FOR READING, HOPE YOU ENJOY ♥ :D

 

oh, quick note, if you see dark gray italics then it's a thought, if it's just italics, it's just.. errr..part of the storyline, for dramatic effect (Y) I didn't have another format to put it in.. yeah. okay . 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashback continues :

 

“…Kai?”

 

it can’t be… am I seeing things?  Even after all these years, she’s still in my heart..

 

She stepped towards Kai tentatively, and landed right under the warmth of the streetlight.  The light cleared up any doubts, casting her features into perfect view.



It was her.

 

Jiyeon was prettier than he remembered, somehow her eyes seemed to have gotten more mesmerizing, and her smile brighter, deepening those dimples he loved so much.

 

Seeing them appear was a sign she was genuinely happy, that her smile was real.

 

Kai noted a few other changes too, her hair was now waist-length, she’d developed a taste in fashion somewhere along the way, and she wore makeup now. not that she needs it

 

“Kai!” He bristled, fearing she would yell at him like when they were seven.

 

Instead, she ran forward to tackle him in a hug, “It is you, ohmygod!”

 

She doesn’t hate me? What’s going on…

 

There were so many things Kai wanted to say and do in that moment but instead what came out was, “um.. yeah,” while he stood there rigid and awkward.

 

He inwardly cringed.  Ugh, real smooth Kai.

 

Jiyeon pouted, and looked up at him, “I know we didn’t leave off very well but rejected hugs hurt, you know.  At the very least, it’s common etiquette to hug someone back, so let’s try that again babo,” she teased, smiling.

 

Kai saw those dimples appear, the ones he could never resist.  Slowly, he put his arms up and rested them lightly on her waist.

 

Jiyeon hugged him back fiercely, “I missed you.”

 

Kai whispered cautiously, slowly, like he wanted to make sure it was okay to say, “…I… missed you too.”

 

The moment she was real in his arms, a solid weight, he couldn’t stay mad.  It infuriated him to think that a girl could do this to him, hurt him so, and yet still made him miss her.

 

As much as he was angry, he missed her more, and now that she was here again, in front of his eyes, within his reach, he was never going to let her go.

 

She stepped back, releasing him from the hug.  “I’m so sorry about yelling at you, and I really would be so glad if you could give me a chance to exp---.”

 

Kai put a finger to Jiyeon’s lips, cutting her off, “ssh… don’t even mention it.”

 

“Mwuh, you’re not mad?  I would’ve been so mad,” Jiyeon’s eyes widened in confusion, searching your face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter