Being Misunderstood

Seven Year Gap [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You felt as if your heart had ripped into small pieces as you listened to Kai’s every word. You looked at him with compassion and sorrow as you placed your hand gently on his arm.

 

“…I’m sorry.”

 

He smiled at you, a little bit happier this time, “I’m fine now, totally over it. I just wanted you to know that your ‘eonni’ might not be as good of a person as you think she is.”

 

You nodded slowly as you took the information in.

 

Questions swirled in your head as you walked back with Kai. What does she want with him now? Will Kai give her another chance? Will she break his heart again? Maybe she actually changed this time? …Maybe… not?

 

“Thanks…” Kai said when you both reached his dorm, “I feel better now that I got it off my chest.”

 

You smiled in content, “I’m glad.”

 

After you said your goodbyes, you started walking towards your dorm but you heard a familiar voice calling you from behind.

 

“Oh, D.O oppa.” You greeted, stepping a little closer, “Is the photo shoot finished?”

 

D.O stared past your shoulder, the spot where Kai had been moments before.  He ignored your question instead, asking one of his own. “…was that Kai?” he asked as he pointed towards his dorm.

 

You nodded innocently as you tilted your head, “Wae?”

 

“Nothing” he shook his head, and went inside his dorm.

 

You stood there for a moment. Confused.

 

“Bye to you too…”

 

 

D.O had a weird feeling in his stomach when he saw you talking to Kai. It was an emotion he hadn’t felt ever since his EunSung left.

 

Since when did Kai and EunSung become so close? He couldn’t help but wonder,they seemed pretty distant with each other the last time I saw them.

 

…wait…. am I jealous? Not possible. My heart already belongs to the other EunSung. One day, we’ll meet again. I’m sure of it.

 

D.O scratched his head, trying to shake away this foreign feeling.

 

That night you lay in bed, replaying everything Kai said over and over again until your phone rang.

 

It’s Jiyeon…

 

“Eunsung ah!” she said as soon as you picked up, sounding very excited, “You cannot believe what just happened. I was just walking home and then I fou-”

 

“Eonni” You started as you sat up from bed, staring blankly at your bedsheet, “..have you ever…cheated?”

 

Silence.

 

“mwo?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter