Confession

Seven Year Gap [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seven years ago:

 

 

          The 12 years old you had your hair tied up into two high ponytails, wore thick framed glasses, and had braces. You were the definition of the typical nerd, but you’ve never bothered to change yourself because you thought other people should just accept you for who you were.

 

         It was morning recess, and you sat on one of the benches in the school’s yard. You had your books opened on your lap, and you were currently studying for a quiz next period. Why would you study at the school’s yard, where other children ran around as played with each other, when you could just go to the quite library and concentrate there? Well, the answer was simple; Kai.

 

         Your head spun around almost too quickly when someone shouted Kai’s name.

 

         There he was, sitting on the soccer field with a couple of his friends. You slowly turned back to your books as you let out a sigh. I'm never going to be good enough for him.

 

 

         As soon as you got home, you went straight to the kitchen and started to make chocolate cream puffs for tomorrow, Valentine’s Day; you finally decided to confess to Kai after all this time. It was nerve racking decision, but you decided that it was better to do it rather than not trying at all; he should at least know how you feel.

 

 

         The next day, you saw him sitting on the bleachers alone. PERFECT! No one’s around! You ran up to him in a frantic as you called out, “KAI OPPA!”

 

 

Kai’s Pov:

 

         “Kai oppa!” an unfamiliar voice called. I turned around, only to see a short, nerdy girl with really old fashion glasses, and braces smiling brightly at me as she ran towards me.

 

         “Do I know you?” I asked bluntly, not bothering to hide my unamused face at all.

 

         The girl looked at me with a shocked expressed as her voice started to shake. “Oppa…we’ve had classes together ever since the 3rd grade!”

 

         “Sorry.” My voice was extremely uninterested. “I don’t notice girls like you.”

 

         She stared blankly up at me, shocked and hurt at the same time, but tried to hide it with a laugh that only sounded forced and awkward. “I see…that's okay!”

 

         “Did you want something?”

 

         “Ah!” the girl reached inside her backpack and took out a box of chocolate cream puffs, “Happy Valentine’s Day oppa… Hope you can find the one you love soon.”

 

         As soon as she handed me the box, she ran out before I could say anything else. What the heck was that… I thought she was going to confess to me… find the one I love soon?

 

         Later that afternoon, out of curiosity, he asked his friend Chanyeol about you and found out that your name was Choi Eunsung.

 

         It was only out of curiousity, but hey, almost everything began with the initial curiosity, right?

 

 

Author’s Pov:

 

         Since that little encounter you had with Kai, you never dared to even look at him. You’ve almost noticed that he paid more attention towards you whenever you two had classes together, but you quickly shook that off, thinking that he was laughing at you in his head.

 

         To Kai, you were a mystery. He has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter