#8

Altered Life

 

 

#8 - Their Life 

===========

You uneasily glanced at the familiar figure who kept his eyes on the road all the time. He looked tired, making you feel bad.

"I'm sorry. I already told my mom not to tell Yongguk oppa to pick me up, but she insisted." You said.

He looked at you and shrugged.

"it's okay. I don't have anything to do there anyway." He answered.

Then comes a deafening silence. The only thing you can hear is the sound of the engine running and the air-con. You decided not to bother him anymore and busied yourself with the song you've been working on. You took out your phone, listening to the recorded song over and over again, trying to find the slightest mistake and write it on your notebook.

"It's dark. You shouldn't write here." He said.

You, having the headset glued to your ears with music blasting from it didn't hear a thing. He just sighed and take a peek at your book. He smiled when he looked at your serious expression, tapping your pen along with the rhythm and frowned once in a while.

you unconsciously hummed to the song as your eyes diverted to the wet road. You watched people running around, trying to find a shelter, the light at the corner of the street flickered, Taxi that lined up at the side of the street, waiting for people to get inside, and you smiled, unaware of your brother's friend looking at you in amusement as you looked down and hurriedly write another set of lyrics.

'airbag.' he read in his mind, impressed by how quick you managed to write a song.

It was no surprised though, he thought, seeing how her step brother is one talented kid like her. He stepped on the gas and the car once again moved in a constant speed.

"You can drop me off near the market." You suddenly said.

"huh?"

"I need to buy some things. You can just drop me here, i'll take the bus later." You said.

He parked near the market and turned off the car. You looked at him in confusion.

"I'll come with you. Your brother will kill me if anything happened to you." He said.

"yeah right. I bet he won't even care if i'm gone from his life." You quietly mumbled as you get off the car, oblivious to his surprised look.

*****

He walked behind you as you grab some food and other ingredients. He even took the shopping bag for you.

"thanks." you said.

"no problem." he got inside the car and continued driving.

There was a long silence, and being the talkative person he is, he tried to find something to talk about. You are his friend's sister after all.

"We didn't introduce ourselves yet." He said, his eyes fixed on the road since the rain kept getting heavier.

There was no answer from you. He looked at you, only to find you asleep with the headset on your ears. He chuckled and smiled at how peaceful you looked.

'I don't know why Yongguk won't introduce you to us... You look like a nice person.' he thought.

Few moments later, he comes to a red light. He pressed the brake a bit too late, making you jerked forward.

"sorry." he said when he saw you were awakened.

"no worries. it's okay." you yawned.

"Are you really that tired?" He asked.

"I just haven't got a good sleep lately." You replied, 'more like i couldn't sleep' you continued in your thought.

"oh! i don't know your name yet." he said.

"you're right. I'm Yoora. Bang Yoora." You replied.

"My name is Kim Himchan. you can call me Himchan oppa if you want." he grinned, pressing on the gas when the light turned green.

His grinned vanished a few second later when he saw a bright light heading towards them in a high speed.

You looked at your window and paled. It all happened too fast. A loud scream were heard as the car smashed your side of the car, toppling it over. Himchan instinctively put his hand around your body, trying to protect you as he struggled with his safety belt.

*****

"Sh*t." Himchan groaned.

He opened his eyes and saw you unconscious on your seat. He tried to move your body, only to receive no response. He panicked. His body is hurting like hell and you look like you were dead. When he managed to get off from his seat he tried to pulled you out of the car, since he can smell gasoline leaking. It was probably the hardest thing he has ever done, especially with his broken arm and leg. He tried to stand on his unbroken feet and tried to get away as far as possible but the explosion caused his body and yours to get thrown few feets ahead, causing the two of you to hit your head unconscious. 

*****

2012/05/30 Wednesday

By Seoulchae