#3

Altered Life

 

 

#3 - Her Life

=================================

You tiredly stepped out of your house, once again walking to the bus stop with music as your only companion. After writing out your feelings before you go out, you feel slightly better now. You hold your pen and start to write lyrics to the melody you've arranged for the past few days. That's the only time you can be yourself. You couldn't imagine how you could live if there were no music in your life.

By the time you arrived at the college, you've finished 50% of the songs and you smile in satisfaction.

"Yoora, morning!" Hyunah who just arrived with her car waved at you.

You went to her and greeted her with your small smile.

"You look kinda pale. Are you okay?" She asked and you nodded.

"yeah. I'm just a bit tired. I have to make some arrangements last night." You answered.

She just nodded and start to open small talks as both of you headed for dancing class. You put your belongings inside your locker and changed into shorts and an oversized shirts, paired with a white sneakers.

"I really need to lose some weight." you muttered while looking at the mirror in the dancing room. No one has arrived except for you and Hyunah.

She looked at you and shook her head.

"you don't look fat at all, Yoora. You don't have to go on diet." She said, patting your back.

You just nod and start to stretch your body while waiting for the class to start.

*****

"Great job Hyunah. As always." The choreographer said with a huge grin.

Her eyes darted towards you and her grin turned into a small smile

"Yoora, you need to practice more. You're not .. how do i say this?.. you're too uptight.. loosen up a bit. You'll do well if you loosen up okay." She said and turned away from you.

"So what did you get?" Hyunah skipped towards you.

You close your eyes for a second before looking up, staring at her cheerful eyes.

"I got a B-. you?" You meekly smile.

"oh.. that's still okay... You'll get an A next time." She smiles and you know she must've got a perfect score as always.

"yeah." you muttered.

She joined the rest in dancing around since there are lots of free time while you went back to your spot and took out your phone and notebook, plug in your headsets and start to write your lyrics again. A small smile appears on your lips as you let yourself lost in your own world. A world where you can be yourself for even a mere second, a world that has kept you sane for years.

*****

You busied yourself with your phone as you chat with your best friend, Chaerin while your clique are happily talking about the annoying lecturer.

"Did you see her body? She was so huge! hahaha" They laughed and you glanced at them with a disappointed look.

'how can they say such thing?' you thought, trying to ignore the continuous rude remarks.

"Hey, who are you texting?" haneul teased.

"Is it your boyfriend?" Jiyoon asked excitedly.

"How can she get a boyfriend? She never hangs out with anyone else but us." Hyungseok joked and laughed.

You laughed along while you can feel your heart being pricked. It was just a joke, you kept telling yourself but can't help but to get hurt by their comments.

"It's my best friend." you smiled.

"I knew it. You need to socialize more. You need to get a boyfriend!" Haneul said.

You look at her and for a milisecond, you can feel your hatred towards her grow.

'says someone who just broke up with her boyfriend.' you thought.

You look at your phone again and grinned at Chaerin's reply.

 

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING PABO?'- Chaerin

'Eating lunch. =_=; i'm bored as hell.'

'why? cause your besties are not there? lol of course you'll be bored. Chaerin is not there. :D' -Chaerin

'don't be so full of yourself,dork.'

'DORK?! you're calling me, a DORK? watch out, yoora. when i go back, i'll smack you with my rilakkuma! >:)' -Chaerin

'I'd like to see you try that. hah!'

'ohhh!!!! you're challenging me!? Fine! lol anw, how are you doing? Are you... um, you know.. okay?'- Chaerin

 

You smile at her text. She always knows how to cheer you up and comfort you. That's why she's the only person you can trust everything to. You told her about you getting stressed out and depressed.

 

'yeah, i'm fine. gotta go. i have art class now. ttyl <3'

'okay. take care, dear. :) Sorry i can't be there. ;'('- Chaerin

'you don't have to be sorry!!! lol cya :D'

 

you smiled and pick up your stuff.

 

"i'm going first. i have a class now." you said and bid them goodbye.

"OKAY~!! BYe!!" they smiled at you.

 

*****

 

2012/05/25 Friday

by seoulchae