#29

Altered Life

#29 - Their Life

===============

Not long after you fell asleep, you started to feel pain. It gets more painful by the seconds. Unable to bear the excruciating pain and headache, you opened your eyes, only to be greeted by the blinding sunlight. You hurriedly closed your eyes and slowly opened it to adjust your eyes to the light. Your throat was parched and you can feel pain all over your body. A wave of relief washes over you as you realize you're back.

You can feel a warm-tingly feeling as you noticed someone holding your hand while burying his head on his hands as he fell asleep.

'Himchan oppa...' you thought, a smile threatening to appear on your lips.

You had to struggle with your left hand to touch his hair, making sure he was real. Your slight movement cause him to wake up and stared at you with his tired eyes.

"oh. you're awake." he mumbled, still half-asleep while you let out a soft giggle at his reaction as he suddenly widened his eyes and his jaw dropped.

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE AWAKE!" he shouted and spread out his arms to hug you.

"Hello oppa." you said with a hoarse voice.

"Let me get you water." he said, scrambling to the table to pour a glass of water for you.

"Here, drink this slowly." he said, sitting next to your bed.

You smiled as he touched your face with his fingers and smiled.

"I thought you won't wake up" he whispered, pain evident in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." you mumbled.

He shook his head and hug you once again. 

"I'm glad you're okay." He mumbled.

You wrapped your arms around his torso, occasionally cringing in pain when you moved a bit too much.

"Hey hyung how's --- YOU'RE AWAKE!" a loud and familiar voice ruined your moment.

Himchan silently cursed and release the hug as he glared at the intruder. You, on the other hand stared at the guy confusedly.

"You're awake." he kept repeating as he entered the room and approached you.

"hello?" you replied, unsure how to greet him.

​Sure he was your best friend in your so-called-dreams but you can't just act like you were best friends since you're back in your old life.

"Get out, Daehyun." himchan sighed when Daehyun grinned and offered his hand.

"I'm Daehyun. I've been waiting for you to wake up." He gently smiled, causing you to blush.

"Yoora." you replied him.

"We know." He said.

"we?" you tilted your head at him.

​He just smile and left the room. He came back before you can even asked Himchan another question, bringing along 3 guys you've grown attached with in your dream.

"NOONA! YOU'RE AWAKE!!!!" you remembered the cute maknae who run towards you and hug you like a teddy bear.

Himchan tried to pry him off of you when he saw you winced a little.

"not too tight, zelo. she's hurt." Himchan reprimanded the maknae.

"Oh sorry. Noona, i'm Zelo! I've been waiting for you to wake up!! We can now play and have fun." He said with his big smile.

"Noona you will play with me right? " Jongup shoved zelo aside and shake your hand.

"Oh please. she'll hang out with smart people like me, the yoo youngjae." He said, shaking your hand.

"Go get the doctor, please." Himchan sighed when they kept arguing who you will hang out with.

"OKAY!" Zelo and Jongup ran outside in excitement.

"You know me?" you asked Daehyun and Youngjae.

​They shook their heads as their smile faded a bit.

"We didn't know you until Zelo said that no one visited the other patient who got involved in the car accident. So we came to your room to see you and i guess we got attached to you. Besides you're Yongguk hyung's sister. That stupid hyung should've been more caring instead of going back to his house ." Daehyung said.

"He didn't visit me did he?" You bitterly smile.

They couldn't say anything because it was true. Yongguk only visited you when the doctors came to check up on you. You weren't surprised but still your heart ache.

'does he even care?' you asked yourself when the door opened, revealing a doctor and a girl you recognized as Himchan's sister.

​They entered the room and the doctor started to do some check up on you while Hyojin stands on the other side of the bed, looking at you with a gentle expression.

"she'll be fine." the doctor smiled and left the room.

"Hi, i'm Hyojin. Himchan's noona." She introduced herself.

"I'm Yoora." you shook her hand.

"i know. It's nice to finally be able to talk to you after months of meeting you." She said.

"You know me?" Your eyes widened and she grinned while pinching your cheeks.

"Aigo, you're so cute. get out himchan, we need girl's bonding time, right?" she looked at you.

​You weakly nodded while Himchan gawked at his sister but left nevertheless when Hyojin shot him a glare.

When the door closed, she turned to you with her warm smile. She took out a small book from her bag and hand it to you.

"I'm sorry, i read this. I found it in Himchan's car when i went to get back the car from the repair shop..." she said.

​You looked at the small book in your hands. It was your diary. Your eyes diverted to her and she hold your hand.

"And i know we haven't known each other that long. But you can count on me. I already think of you as my sister." she said.

"Thank you." you finally choked out, tears b in your eyes when she hugs you and brush your hair.

"Poor little thing. You don't deserve any of this." she kept saying.

*****

​2012/07/07 saturday

​by Seoulchae