#10

Altered Life

 

 

#10 - Their Life 

===========

You stirred a little as your eyes slowly opened, trying to adjust to the bright light. The smell of alcohol and the bright light of your room tell you that you were inside a hospital room. You raked your memories of what happened. A light bulb seems to go off as images of accident flashed back.
 
"you're awake!!" A girl's voice shouted.
 
"nurse?" you whispered.
 
"NURSE!!! My sister is awake!!!" 
 
"sister? Yongguk oppa?" you whispered again.
 
"Do you know how worried i was? You didn't wake up for almost a week now..." She said.
 
"eomma?" you guessed the woman's voice though it sounds higher.
 
You squinted your eyes to get a better look and didn't say anything when she looked at you with her tired eyes. You also saw 4 guys standing behind her.
 
"who?" you asked, receiving a gasp.
 
"I'm your sister! Kim Hyojin. don't you remember me? don't you remember them?" You shook your head.
 
"What about your name?" She asked, almost bursting into tears.
 
"Yoora..." You answered.
 
"You remembered your name. I'll call the doctors again, okay. Unnie will talk to them." She said and left the room.
 
*****
He opened his eyes slowly and saw a familiar figure sitting next to his bed.
 
"hyung?" he called.
 
Yongguk jumped in his seat, shocked.
 
"you're awake." he said.
 
Himchan nodded, feeling pain all over his body. He suddenly remembered the accident, the car, you. 
 
'is she okay?' he wanted to asked but he looked at Yongguk who kept looking at him.
 
"hyung... Where's noona?" he asked.
 
"who?"
 
"noona." himchan repeated.
 
"Did you lost your memories. we don't have any sister..." Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows.
 
"how is she?" Himchan changed the topic, too confused to asked more.
 
"She just woke up too... Her sister is going chaotic, talking about how she lost her memories... she doesn't even remember her sister or me, and the rest of the guys." Yongguk bitterly chuckled.
 
"They know her?" himchan asked.
 
Yongguk sent him a look.
 
"She's our best friend. Of course she knows them... What's wrong with you?" he asked.
 
"she's your step sister..."Himchan said.
 
"What? She's my best friend... you're my step brother.. oh god.. i'm going to call the doctor first.." yongguk said and left the room, leaving him baffled.
 
*****
 
"How is she?" A familiar voice ended the awkward silence as Yongguk strode inside the room.
 
"Oppa!" you called, glad that your brother has arrived.
 
"Hey, kiddo. so you do remember me!" He grinned and for a second, you were stunned.
 
"She doesn't remember us..." Hyojin mumbled.
 
"It'll take some time... Don't worry, noona. Yoora, you don't remember any of them?" Yongguk asked again.
 
You shook your head and looked at him.
 
"I want to go home..." you whispered, tugging into his sleeves.
 
"well, the doctors will tell you when you can go. In the meantime, you should learn their names first. This is your sister, Kim Hyojin. This is our friends, zelo, jongup, daehyun and youngjae." He explained.
 
"no..." your eyes widened in realization.
 
"wae?" Hyojin stepped forwards only to stopped when she saw your frightened face.
 
"oppa, i'm your sister. your step sister!" you said.
 
Yongguk laughed awkwardly.
 
"no. i have a step brother, Bang Himchan... you are my best friend, Kim Yoora." he explained.
 
you shook your head and went into panic mode. The nurse had to injected some morphine so you would go back to sleep.
 
'himchan. i need to talk to him...' you thought before the drugs took over.
 
*****
 
Next to your room, Himchan was sitting with yongguk next to him, watching him in confusion.
 
"where's the others?" himchan asked.
 
"who?"
 
"B.A.P? Noona?"
 
"You don't even know them, himchan. They're my friends.. you never met them except Yoora.. and for the thousandth time, you don't have a sister! I'm your step brother!!!" Yongguk said impatiently.
 
Himchan laughed but his laughter died down when he saw how serious his face is. He shook his head.
 
"impossible. I need to see my noona." he tried to yank the IV off but Yongguk hold him back, calling the nurse.
 
"LET GO OF ME! I HAVE TO SEE NOONA!" himchan protests but his raging state only cause him to be injected with morphin too.
 
'what the hell is wrong with them' yongguk thought as he saw his step brother fell asleep.
 
******
2012/05/30 wednesday
by seoulchae