#2

Altered Life

 

 

#2 - His Life

=================================

He woke up feeling a bit light headed. After some stretching and rolling around the bed, he finally get up and walked towards the bathroom will ruffling his blonde hair. He brushed his teeth and grinned at the sound of her sister's cooking. He quickly showered and put on some clothes before exiting his room and walked into the kitchen where his sister is. 

Kim Hyojin. That's the name of his beloved noona. A chatter box just like him and a genius when it comes to cooking. They have the closest relationship. Himchan even showed off the fact he's living with his beautiful noona.

"morning noona." he grinned when his sister eyed him for taking a piece of spam she just made.

"Dad called. He said the principal just told him about you skipping class." She casually said while setting down the plate.

"What?!" Himchan gawked.

"I told him you were sick that day and I'll make sure you will attend class today, Kim Himchan." she said with her huge smile.

"Thanks noona." 

"no worries, kiddo. Now hurry up cause i think you're late." She pointed at the clock.

Himchan's eyes widened in shock as he scrambled to the door, not forgetting to kiss his sister's cheek before he left. 

*****

A group of girls squealed in delight when they saw Himchan entering TS' university ground. He casually sling his backpack on one of his shoulders and walked with smile plastered on his face, returning the greeting sent by his fangirls.

He doesn't mind the attention. Sure, sometimes it gets too overwhelming but overall he's enjoying the love they give to him. Besides, who wouldn't like to get free lunch boxes and tons of birthday gifts? 

Himchan's eyes brightened when he saw his friends under the tree, talking. He approached them and greeted them cheerfully as always.

"YO~"

He noticed one of his best friend, Yongguk is in deep thoughts. He poked his shoulder, earning a glare from the latter.

"what?" 

"A penny for your thought? You look troubled." Himchan said, followed by the rest as they nod their heads.

"Nothing.. I was just thinking about my sister." He answered.

Zelo's eyes sparkled at the mention of the word 'sister'.

"Hyung, how does she look? What's her name? Is she pretty?" He rambled on.

Yongguk laughed at the maknae and shook his head in amusement.

"Bang Yoora. She's my step sister. We're not that close though... well.. i guess i'm the one who made distance with her." Yongguk's smile turned upside down.

"why?" daehyun asked.

"well, she's my step sister... and i just.. i don't know.. her eyes, everytime i look at her eyes, it was so empty and so sad, it scares me." Yongguk said.

Himchan just nodded at the answer before his eyes once again widened in panic.

"YAH! We're late for class idiots!" He said, grabbing his bag and stand up.

"Let's just skip today, hyung." Jongup said.

"No. The principal called my dad the last time i skipped." he rolled his eyes while the rest of them laughed.

"come on guys, let's get going." Yongguk said.

"Where are you going?" himchan asked when they didn't follow him.

"we're skipping class~! BYE HYUNG~~" Youngjae said and run away before Himchan could catch him.

He gawked at his friends.

"We'll call you hyung! BYE~!" Daehyun waved his hand.

*****

Himchan played with his pen as he tried to stay awake throughout the lesson. He already learned the materials, thanks to his sister who nags him to study last night just because he has nothing to do. When the class is over, he hurriedly left the class and meet his best friends.

They were sprawled on the grass, munching on the sandwiches they bought.

"Hyung, you came." Zelo said.

"Hey let's hang out in Daehyun's house today." Yongguk suggested, since daehyun lives by himself.

"Yeah. you guys can sleep over if you want." he said.

"Okay. I need to pick up yoora first. I'll meet you there okay?" Yongguk said as he stand up.

"Bring her sometime hyung!" Jongup said.

Yongguk just shrugged as he left. 

"Come one, let's go get some snack first!" Daehyun said as they all stand up and left the university.

*****

Himchan called his sister to tell her he'll be staying at his friend's house. after he hung up the phone, he walked back inside the room and lie on the bed with a content smile on his face. 

He looked around to see his friends passed out already. he couldn't be anymore happier. He has his friends with him and he has his loving sister and yet he wonders about Yongguk's story about his step sister.

He wonders if she would be lonely since their parents are also abroad like him and yongguk is not close with her. It kept him awake for hours, thinking about someone he doesn't even know. 

'oh well, she must have her friends or something.' he finally thought before his eyes closed.

*****

2012/05/25 friday

by Seoulchae