#5

Altered Life

 

 

#5 - His Life

===========

Himchan woke up the last today. Zelo had the chance to jump on his bed to wake him up with the permission of his sister and Yongguk.

"You have eye bags." Daehyun pointed out.

"Oh, you're right. You look like a panda. A rabbit-panda." Youngjae said with his genius tone.

Himchan glared at the two annoying duo who continue to eat after teasing him.

"Are you okay?" Hyojin asked, worried plastered all over her face.

Himchan just smiled and nodded.

"I just can't sleep last night noona. I'll be fine." He grinned.

"What's wrong? You sleep like a pig." Yongguk said and snorted.

"Just some thoughts...." Himchan replied, munching on his toast.

There's no way he would tell Yongguk he has been thinking about his sister's life. He quickly finished his toast and showered. His friends has already left since they need to get ready for college too. His sister was busy preparing her own stuff for work when he exited his room.

"Are you going to leave now?" she asked, replied with a nod.

"I need to take the bus since the car broke down." Himchan frowned.

She let out a laugh and pat her brother's back.

"Go. You'll be late." She said.

"Bye noona!" 

*****

The bus arrived on time. He paid some money and went to the back seat, his favorite seat only to notice a girl has occupied the left side. She has a curvy figure, a bit chubby and was busy with her notebook. He decided to take a seat next to her, observing what she was doing. A glimpse of her lyrics caught his attention.

She doesn't even realize how Himchan's head is now turned towards her and watched her poured out what seemed to be her feelings. He noticed the bus is nearing Cube University and she looked up, only to met eyes with him. Her big brown eyes are staring at him in confusion. He smiled sheepishly.

"yes, can i help you?" she asked.

"Nothing, i just.. i like the lyrics you were writing." he answered.

Her eyes diverted to the notebook on her lap as she stand up.

"Thank you." a sweet smile formed on her lips as she left the bus.

Himchan didn't get the chance to return the smile as his mind is too preoccupied with the lyrics. He noticed a familiarity when he saw her face but he shook the thoughts off.

'Cube huh...' he thought, looking at her walking inside the university with her head bobbing to the music.

*****

2012/05/26 saturday

by seoulchae