#24

Altered Life

 

#24 - Their Life

===============

He closed his eyes, waiting for you to scream or lash out on him for reading. But after few seconds, there's nothing. He peeked and saw you biting your lips and shook your head. You took the towel and some of your clothes.

"I'm going to change first." 

Few minutes later, you walked out and sit on the floor, your body leaning on the side of the bed.

"You're not mad?" he asked.

"I wanted to but it's just funny to me. Did you know, your sister found my new diary too yesterday? and she read it... you guys are so alike." you smiled.

He was going to let out a sigh of relief when he noticed the sadness in your eyes as you smiled at him.

"What's wrong?" he sits next to you.

"Nothing. Tell me, oppa, does Yongguk oppa hates me?" you asked.

Himchan couldn't answer your question. Does not mentioning you as his sister count as hate? Does staying in his friends house instead of going home count as hate? he didn't know.

"I envy you." you whispered.

"You have such a great life. Do you know how much your sister loves you? Or how much B.A.P care for you? Even yongguk oppa is nice..." 

Himchan looked at you. You hugged your knees and rested your chin on top of your knees.

"When i woke up after the accident and realized that we have switched lives, i thought that it'll be better, that i'll be happier. It was the first time Yongguk oppa ruffled my hair and hug me. I can still remember his perfume. It was the first time i have so many people worrying over me. The first time i felt... loved." You finished, wiping off your tears with the towel that you held.

"But then my mind wondered to you." his heart seemed to stop beating at the mention of him as you cast a glance at him.

"Will you be okay? you were just a mere stranger to me but still. You were living such a happy life, and to live a sad pathetic life like mine, it must've been hard."

True. Not a single day he felt lonely when he's inside his own home.

"I don't have people to admire me. I'm practically invisible. Most of my friends are jerks... Everything in my life just ." you exhaled.

"no it's not." Himchan cuts in before you can speak more.

You look at him. He just smiled at you.

"I envy you, Yoora. You're strong. If i were you, i wouldn't last a day. It was so hard for me but you managed to live years like this... and you have an amazing talent. I've heard your songs. It was beautiful. You really are Yongguk's sister..." He said.

"Chaerin always said that to me." you whispered.

"It's true... And don't think of yourself as an ugly girl cause you're not. You're beautiful in your own way. To be honest, i don't like Haneul. She's too skinny and everything looks fake. You, on the other hand, are not. " he said, looking away to hide his pink cheeks.

Your lips curved into a smile.

"Thank you." You said to him.

He smiled as he heard your soft voice thanking him. 

Tell me, yoora, how's hyojin noona? Is she doing okay?" 

You nodded.

"She works a lot lately. I'm a bit worried... but i think she'll be fine because her boyfriend seemed to be taking care of her very well." his eyes bulged out in shock.

"BOYFRIEND?!"

you nodded.

"I found out secretly. I guess she was just worried you won't accept him... But i think he's nice." You said.

Himchan sighed.

"Do you think we'll ever return to our own lives?" you asked.

"i don't know..."

"I guess we're stuck for another while then." he joked and you chuckled.

Both of you started to talk about other things. You were about to reply him when the door flung opened, revealing a girl with a blond hair.

"CHAERIN?" you gasped at her.

"YOORA!!!" she screamed and pulled you into a hug.

Himchan chuckled at the sight of you trying to break free.

"What- how- i thought you were away!" you said.

"I came back. Who are you?" she looked at himchan.

"Himchan." He offered a handshake.

Chaerin's lips turned into a sly smile.

"Ahh.. the one living your life? Nice to meet you. I'm chaerin." She said.

She raised her eyebrows at you.

"What are you two doing here? alone?" she asked.

You blushed and shook your head.

"we were just talking!" 

"Talking huh?"

"Chaerin!" you looked at her.

"what?" she innocently replied.

You face palmed yourself. Chaerin is unbelievable. She has the talent to make you spill your secret. And you couldn't let her know you have feelings for the guy next to you, especially if he's inside the room.

Himchan, on the other hand, kept watching you in amusement despite his blushing cheeks. It was a new sight for him. You were being so childish in front of Chaerin. 

"Well, i better go now. I was just going to visit you for a while to tell you i came back." She said.

This time you slyly smile at her.

"Is it because he's not here?"

"YAH!" she barked.

"Yongguk oppa is hMPH!" she covered your mouth and glared at you while you flashed her your eye-smile.

"i don't like him. He's treating you like you're a stranger." She said.

"But you like him!" You chirped causing her to blush.

"Shut up!"

"A-HA! YOU DO!" you said.

Himchan laughed at you who started to make weird gestures. You stopped when you realize he was there with you and blushed madly inn embarassment.

"Cute." he said between his chuckle.

Chaerin smiled at him.

'he's a good guy. he could be the one for my little yoora.' she thought, her eyes diverted at you who was oblivious to what he said.

*****

2012/06/20 wednesday

by seoulchae