#17

Altered Life

 

 
#17 - Her Life

===============

You blinked repeatedly to stop the tears from flowing down your cheeks as you strode down the street. You phone kept ringing and you let it rang, not having any intention to pick up the call. When you got into the subway, you finally took out your phone, your sister's name on the caller id, calling you for the nth time.

"yeoboseyo?"

"Yoora! where are you?!" she asked.

"I'm on my way home." you shortly replied.

"Everyone's worried about you. you left without telling us and didn't pick up our call!" She said.

"I'm fine, unnie. I'll be home in 15 minutes." you said.

"Good then. Yongguk was so worried... He almost called the police, that kid." your sister chuckled.

You followed suit. A bitter chuckle escape your lips.

"yeah, i'm sure he was." you said.

"Well, go home soon, okay? I made you kimchi Jjigae, your favorite." she said before the call ended.

You sighed and let the music blast into your ears as you went back home.

*****

"NOONA!"

"I thought you got lost!"

"You're back!"

"everyone's worried about you."

They rushed over to you the moment you stepped inside the apartment. You put on a small smile and went to your room to change to a more comfortable clothes before going to the kitchen.

Yongguk was heating up the kimchi jjigae, he smiled at you when you plopped down on one of the chairs.

"Thanks." you said when he put the soup on the table.

"eat up. Hyojin noona has to work late." He said.

you nodded and chewed slowly.

"Are you okay, Yoora?" he asked, taking a seat across from you.

"Yeah. why?" 

"You look upset." he said.

You looked up and saw his gentle eyes. 

"I'm.. not." you hesitated and concentrated on your food.

"You know you can tell me anything right? I'm your best friend, your oppa." He smiled but it vanished when you stared at him with hurtful eyes.

"instead of being someone's oppa, try to be a good brother for your own step sister first." You quietly hissed and left the kitchen.

"sister?"yongguk frowned, watching you slammed your bedroom door.

*****

"Noona?" Zelo knocked on your door.

You replied to him, telling him he could come in. He slowly entered your room and sit at the end of your bed. 

"yes?" you asked.

"noona, you cried." his hand touched your face, wiping the tears away.

You look at him as he smiled. he doesn't look like a dongsaeng at all.

"What happened? i heard you shout at yongguk hyung..." He trailed off.

"nothing.. i was just a bit upset." you mumbled.

"Okay then. Noona, do you want to play with me?" He asked, not probing anyy further.

You looked up and saw his bright eyes.

"play?"

He nodded furiously and stand up, taking out his nintendo DS from his backpack. He turned it on and put it on your palms.

"Noona, try playing it!" he said.

You nodded and soon engrossed in the game, occasionally squealed in panic. Zelo sits next to you, giving you instructions.

"NOONA WATCH OUT!" he shouted.

"WHAT?! NOOO!!" you shouted back, staring at the big "GAME OVER" blinking on the screen.

There comes a short silence after that. You look at him and bit your lips, trying to suppress the giggle. Zelo's lips curved upwards and few seconds later both of you are laughing.

"It's all your fault!" you accused while laughing.

"No! you're just not that talented in gaming, noona." he playfully shrugged.

"Yah!Come here!" you said and both of you continued joking around.

"Aigo... my stomach hurts." you lied on your bed. Zelo watched you with a small smile.

"you should sleep noona. I'm going home with the rest of the guys now." he said.

You nodded and waved as he walked out. Before he closed the door you called him.

"Thank you zelo." You smiled.

"anytime noona. Don't be sad anymore." He grinned and left.

*****

2012/06/07 thursday

by seoulchae