#16

Altered Life

 

 
#16 - His Life

=====================

"Are you okay?" a voice asked him as he was about to daydream.

He looked up and saw Hyunah sitting next to him.

"Yeah." he replied.

"You've changed." She blurted.

"How?" he asked and hyunah looked at him apologetically.

"i know you probably don't remember but you weren't.. as snappy as this before." she grinned.

"They were being annoying." Himchan said.

"Yeah, you always said that. But you also said that you pitied them for not having the ability to become a nice person." She said.

"I guess." Himchan just mumbled.

"Well, you probably should tell teacher Jung about your accident. The song was due today..." she said.

Himchan's eyes widened and he took out his phone. There are few messages from you and some missed calls.

"Hello?" He answered when you called him again.

"Himchan oppa! The song was due today!! and i haven't finished it!" you panicked.

"I'll tell him we got into car accident okay?I'm sure he'll give us more time..." He tried to calm you down and after few persuasion, he succeeded.

"fine..." you said.

"Finish you class already?" himchan asked.

"yeah. Jongup and Zelo forced me to go with them to arcade." you chuckled and he smiled when he heard zelo and Jongup bickering in the background.

"are they bothering you?" Himchan asked again.

"naah.. they're nice. What about my friends? It's noon now, so you must've met my.. group of friends." you trailed off.

"yeah, i've met them..."

"I'm sorry, they can be quite... " you tried to find the right words.

"y?" He asked and he smiled when he hears your laughter.

"Well, yeah... but Hyunah's nice..." You said.

"I know, i've read--" Himchan close his mouth, shocked as he almost blurted out his secret.

"read?"

"nothing. well, i better go now. The class is starting. Just tell your brother if they're bothering you, or Daehyun, okay?" he gently said.

"okay. see you." you hang up the phone.

"who is that?" Hyunah asked when he puts his phone away.

"My friend." he smiled.

"You have a girlfriend?" she asked, her eyes widened.

"NO!" Himchan defends himself.

"If you say so. You look like you care a lot about this girl." hyunah grinned.

HImchan shrugged but he couldn't shake you off his mind. As the lecturer blabbered about the lesson, he took out the diary and read the rest of the entry. He smiled as he read your description about your friends.

*****

For some reason, himchan finds himself texting you to meet him at Cube University. You waited for him in front of the gate, fully aware at the staring of people. You have always been invisible but now, you were like the center of attention. everyone looked at you with admiration and envy though you didn't know why. 

"Yoora!" Himchan waved at you and you smiled.

Your friends are trailing behind him, observing you from head to toe.

"Um, why are you telling me to go here?" you asked him.

"I thought you want to finish the song?" He asked back and you lightly hit your head.

"ah, you're right. I can do it by myself though." You smiled.

"Who's this?" Haneul strutted towards you, her heels clanked against the concrete ground.

"I'm Bang- i mean Kim yoora." You smiled.

"Himchan's girlfriend?" Jiyoon asked, crossing her arms and looked at you.

You lightly blushed and shook your head while Himchan grinned and nodded, putting his arms around your shoulders.

"She's just shy. Come on, Jagiya. Let's go. See you!" He waved and left with you.

*****

"What was that?!" you asked when you're far from them.

"I'm trying to shut them up. What's with them anyway? They kept blabbering about me-you for being single." He rolled his eyes.

"They're always like that." you mumbled.

"You need to find new friends." he stated.

"Easy for you to say. You're very popular in TS." You said.

"How do you know?"

"Because i'm living your life right now and you have tons of fans, people who lined up to be friends. You can just pick them if you want a new friend. I'm not like that." 

"well, still... Your friends ."

"I KNOW! But i can't change that because they're the only one i have in that stupid university! I'M NOT YOU OKAY?" You snapped.

He looked at you in surprise. You sighed and gathered your things.

"I'm going home. I'll record the song by myself." You said and left the room, slamming the door in the process.

Himchan watched you leave, his heart filled with guilt. he couldn't forget the hurtful look in your eyes as he said those things. 

*****

2012/06/05 tuesday

by seoulchae