#23

Altered Life

 

 

#23 - Their Life

===============

Himchan ignored Haneul's plead of apology as he entered the classroom. 

 

"why are you so worked up over her?! do you like her?!" Haneul finally give up and asked him.

He looked at her with a blank expression. Does he like her? He doesn't know. All he knows is that he wanted to help her, he wants to be the one she looked for, he wants to comfort her, and most importantly, he wants to be with her.

'sh*t. i do like her.' he thought as blush appeared on his cheeks.

"You like her." Haneul gasped.

Hyungseok, Jiyoon and hyunah turned to him.

"She looks nice." Hyunah smiled at Himchan.

Hyungseok looked away in annoyance while Jiyoon just stared at him blankly.

'What's with him?' himchan watched hyungseok's back slumped.

His eyes diverted to Haneul who was fuming.

"What?" he asked.

"WHY DO YOU LIKE HER?!" she shrieked.

"Oh, the last time i checked, i don't have to tell you why i like her." he retorted.

"But she's not pretty!"

"Stop with that pretty nonsense of yours!" Himchan banged his hands on the table, shocking everyone.

"You kept insulting everyone! Is that all you can do? Is your brain filled with only bitterness?! EVERY SINGLE TIME! it sickened me how you guys are so focused on someone's looks. He's ugly, he's fat, she's short, she's geeky. do you think they don't have any heart?" Himchan exploded.

Everyone stayed silent. Hyungseok and Jiyoon looked at him while he glared at them.

"you guys are no different than this evil woman right here. You talked bad behind everyone's back. How do you think they would feel when they found out?" he asked.

"It's the truth." Haneul replied nonchalantly, earning glares from Himchan and their classmates who happened to be listening to everything.

"Haneul." himchan took a deep breath.

She smiled and tilts her head.

"yes?" 

"Maybe you should fill your empty brain first and learn how to think before you speak." He said.

Her face reddened in embarassment.

"It's the truth." he replied with a smirk.

"How dare you!" She hissed, her feelings for him vanished.

"were you hurt?" He asked.

"OF COURSE!"

"Then you should know how others would feel when you insult them." Himchan said, grabbing his bag.

"tell the mr.Kim i'm not joining his class today." he said to hyunah who watched him in amusement as he left the class, leaving the trio dumbfounded and embarrassed. 

*****

"Hey, aren't you yongguk hyung's brother?" A guy called him as he entered TS university.

He turned around to face his old pal.

"Daehyun." he said.

"How do you know my name?" 

"Um, Yoora told me a lot about you guys." he lied.

"yoora? i see... what are you doing here?" Daehyun approached him.

"i'm looking for Yoora. Do you know where she is?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'll take you to her class. Come on." daehyun smiled and motioned himchan to follow him.

*****

"Himchan oppa?" Your eyes widened at the sight of himchan outside your classroom. 

The class has just ended and you were about to get out of the class when you saw him with Daehyun. Youngjae, who was in the same class as you looked over your shoulder.

"who's that?"

"Himchan, Yongguk oppa's brother." you explained.

"What are you doing here oppa?" You smiled.

Your classmates watched you and Himchan with interest, including daehyun and Youngjae who stood not far from the both of you. Himchan gently smiled at you, tucking strands of hair behind your ears, which made you blush.

"let's go out, hm?" He asked.

"OH MY GOD! HE ASKED HER OU-HMPH!" Youngjae's mouth was covered with Daehyun's hand as he pointed at you.

You looked at him shyly and smiled.

"yeah why not."

Shades of pink once again appeared on your cheeks as Himchan took one of your hand.

"HE TOUCHED HER! I NEED TO TELL YONGGUK HYUNG JONGUP AND ZELO- OUCH! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR DAEHYUN!' You chuckled at Youngjae's voice as you walked away with Himchan.

"Can't you shut up, youngjae? They want to have a date. let them date peacefully." daehyun winked at you.

"NOONA~~~" Jongup run towards you with zelo running behind him, tacking you into a hug.

"Watch it!" Himchan hissed.

"Who are you?" Jongup protectively asked, taking your hand and standing in front of you.

"Himchan. Move out kid." Himchan said, rolling his eyes.

"You look awfully familiar, ajushi." Zelo squinted his eyes.

You chortled while Himchan gawked at the maknae.

"I'M NOT THAT OLD you walking pole!" he spats.

"Noona! He said i'm a walking pole!" Zelo turned to you.

"Zelo-" you tried to said something but no words came out.

"aish. Let's go, Yoora." he took your hand and pulled you as both of you escaped the chaotic maknae.

*****

He huffed tiredly as both of you arrived at the small park. You're still clutching into your stomach, biting your lips to stop yourself from laughing.

"Don't laugh!" Himchan said, only to have you burst into another laughter.

"Aish, this girl." 

"Araso .. i won't laugh again... ajushi!" you giggled.

"Yah!" 

He smirked and pointed at you.

"fine. I can be ajushi. You're an ajumma then." he childishly said.

your eyes rounded before your lips twitched and you laughed again.

"i never knew you can be so childish, oppa. 'you're an ajumma?' " you teased.

"Aish! It's all that stupid maknae's fault." he said.

You laughed, oblivious to Himchan's gentle expression as he watched you giggled like there's no tomorrow.

'yeah keep laughing and be happy, Yoora. You deserve it after everything that has happened to you.' he thoughts.

"oppa?" you snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"are you okay? You were spacing out.." 

"finished laughing?" He raised his eyebrows.

You nodded and grinned. He looked away. Since when does everything you did become so cute in his eyes, he thought. He was going to talk when rain starts pouring down heavily.

"damn. We should get a shelter." he once again hold your hand and run through the rain.

*****

"Is it okay if we just go to my- i mean your house?" he asked.

You nodded. Your clothes were drenched already and the closest place is your old house. He took you inside and close the door. 

"i'll get towels for you." he said and left to your room while you followed him to your old room.

"I miss this place." you whispered.

He turned around and held out a towel for you to dry yourself. Your eyes stopped at the diary you thought you have lost.

"Is that my diary?" you pointed at the book that was opened.

Himchan couldn't hide his surprise when you asked that.

"yes."

"DId you read it?" you carefully asked.

"sorry." he replied, looking down.

you looked at him and sighed.

*****

2012/06/18 monday

By Seoulchae