Oh, my…

Turning point

(beta by -dolce-)

--

Siwon’s mind kept chanting crazy when he sat with Heechul at the park near the police station, nursing cups of coffee. Siwon looked up at the sky, he thought on how can he can sit in silence with his enemy but feel comfortable about it as if he was sitting with his best friend.

Siwon sipped his coffee quietly before breaking the silence, “How are you feeling?”

Heechul smiled softly to the orange sky before she answered, “I’ve never been better.” She tilted her head upward, closing her eyes, without realizing she was showing off the milky skin of her neck for Siwon’s eyes to enjoy.

Siwon’s gaze trailed down her peaceful face to her lips down to her neck and when his gaze started going lower than her neck, he averted his gaze, his face red. He closed his eyes and asked for mercy because he let his weird feeling control him. Once again his mind chanted crazy repeatedly. He just drank his coffee to calm his nerves.

The night deepened. The orange and purple color was soon replaced by darkness. Siwon would take Heechul home but she lead them to Paper and Pie. “I sold my house to pay my aunt’s debt and guess what?

“What?”

“The loan shark was dead, too. His house caught on fire and he was trapped inside. I think my aunt was right. I bring bad luck to anyone near me.”

Siwon stopped walking and held her hand; he held it gently this time, not his usual death grip. “Don’t say that. You don’t bring bad luck, you’re Kim Heechul.”

Heechul eyed him with an amused smile, “Yah! Alien! Were you hiding the real Choi Siwon? You kidnapped the real Siwon and you’re an imposter! Give the real Choi Siwon back! You’re sweet but it’s so weird listening to comforting words like that from Siwon.”

Siwon rolled his eyes and showed a small smile because of  Heechul’s silly remark. “I’m Choi Siwon, your number one enemy.”

Heechul stuck her tongue out and he chuckled at her playfulness. Were they friends now? Their relationship was quite funny. They were both claiming that they’re enemies but their actions says otherwise. Especially when Siwon held both of her hands and locked his eyes with her. It felt like their encounter at the students’ document room; only this time, he was not playing with her.

“Heechul, is that you?” Mr. Shin’s voice brought them back to reality. Siwon let go of her hands and pretended that nothing happened.

“Yes, ahjusshi. I’m going in now,” She answered before turning back to Siwon, “Good night enemy. Oh, I mean, good night Siwon.”

“Heechul, wait!” Heechul turned around again with questioning look on her face.

“If you will attend your aunt’s funeral, don’t forget to tell me and don’t forget to study hard. I don’t want one anyone to fail, it’ll ruin my perfect record.”

“Pfft, I’ll studying hard of course and don’t worry, the government will take care of her funeral. But thanks anyway.”

“You already said thank you twice.”

“Yeah, whatever.” She said with annoyance but her smile gave her away.

--

Finally the exams were over and the senior students can release their stress for awhile by attending the prom night. Heechul refused Mireu’s invitation to attend the prom but in the end, Mireu still dragged her after dressing her in a blue dress. Heechul complained that the dress was too revealing and y, which showed her back and she felt but Mireu said it’s perfect for her. She whined that the stiletto was hurting her feet but Mireu pretended that she didn’t hear her.

Joon opened his car door for them. Heechul raised her eyebrow and Mireu laughed nervously. Joon slipped a corsage on her wrist and Heechul finally understood.

“Congratulations! Your effort didn’t go useless, Joon.”

Joon grinned like idiot, earning a pinch from Mireu. “Stop it, Joon. You really look like muscle babo.” Joon pouted and whined to his girlfriend, making Heechul laugh.

 --

Siwon got dressed slowly, feeling glum. His mother called him yesterday and told him that he will be sent to Paris after his graduation to continue his studies there; which meant he will live with his parents. It didn’t mean that he didn’t approve the idea of living with his parents but he’s not used to it anymore. He lived with his grandma since he was eight because his parents were too busy to take care of him. He decided to spend his high school life far from Seoul and his grandmother to prove to himself that he can be an independent person although he lived far from all of his wealth. That’s why he moved to this town only with one butler and act as a normal student with strict and cold appearance.

He glanced one last time at his empty room. His butler had packed all of his things and sent it to Seoul this morning, only leaving few important things that Siwon might need later and next morning he’ll go back to his grandma’s house before he leaves for Paris.

“Young master, the car’s ready.”

“Okay, Uncle,” He took the flower corsage that lay on table and wondered, should he bring it with him or not because he didn’t know who his date will be but slipped it in his pocket anyway when he walked to the waiting black Lexus.

“Why didn’t we use a less fancy car, Uncle?” He asked while checking a box in his hand and smiled after making sure the condition still good.

“Mrs. Choi sent this car, young master,” He glanced from rearview mirror with an apologetic smile.

Siwon sighed and they drove in silence until the car arrived in front of the school gate. As soon as he stepped out of the car, he heard murmurs about his appearance. He rolled his eyes mentally. That’s true, a lot of students were curious about his true self, they always believed that Siwon was rich but he never showed off his wealth, instead, he always walked to school and lived in an old little house, so when he got out from black Lexus dressed in a designer tuxedo, it shocked the other students.

 

 

-TBC-