Of Prada, Stiletto and Earl grey tea

Turning point

(beta by -dolce-)

--

“Heechul-ah, when will you come home?” a deep voice sounded from other line of phone. She sighed and in instant her bad mood doubled (thanks for her boss that had ruined her mood earlier though)

“Why do you want to know?” she replied.

“Honestly, I don’t want to know your schedule but I must know. You have to train, remember?”

‘This bastard’ she cursed under her breath. “I’ll be back in an hour.”

“Did Siwon call you today?” Eunhyuk inquired as they were driving to her apartment. Hecchul nodded. “So tell me, how’s your meeting with him?” she asked again as they entered the room.

“What?” Eunhyuk barked after Heechul finished her story. “He wants you to be his fake girlfriend and live with him? It’s feels like selling your soul to the devil and I always thought that you’re mortal devil, Chul.” She exclaimed.

“Wow thanks Hyuk; you really know me indeed.” Was the sarcastic reply when she heard Eunhyuk compare her to a demon.

“But seriously, Is he losing his mind?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care as long he will help me buy that dress.”

Eunhyuk who was busy rummaging in her bag stopped her activity. “What dress?”

“I tore the dress I used earlier, Hyuk.”

“Oh my God, Heechul. I’ll agree that you live with him if that’s the case.”

“Eunhyuk, you’re so mean.” She cried.

“What else can you do, Chul? That dress is too expensive! You can either be fired or you work nonstop everyday for years to replace that dress.”

Heechul pouted and silently agreed with her.

A knock was heard from the front door. Eunhyuk immediately opened the door and gaped at the gorgeous man standing in front of her.

“Hello, is Heechul here?” he asked.

Eunhyuk couldn’t say anything and only gestured for him to enter the apartment and sit down.

She sprinted to her bedroom where Heechul was busy packing her stuff. Eunhyuk grabbed her shoulder and shook her slightly, “Why you didn’t tell me that Siwon is so handsome. Oh my God, I want to be in your place, Chul! Too bad he only wants you as his fake girlfriend.” She whispered with excitement.

“Well, who said that I’m like selling my soul to demon after agreeing to live with him?” she scoffed and went back to her previous activity.

“Well, if all demons are as hot as him, I will gladly sell my soul.”

Heechul rolled her eyes and dragged her suitcase out from Eunhyuk’s room, walking straight to the front door.

“Let me help you.” Siwon offered as Heechul walked past him.

“I can do it myself.” She rejected and kept walking with Eunhyuk following closely behind. She can imagine Eunhyuk staring at Siwon as if she wanted to strip him off while drooling.

“Good bye, Hyuk. Thanks for your help. See you tomorrow.” She hugged Eunhyuk.

She was about to dragging her heavy suitcase again when a pair of strong arms pulled the bag from her grasp and carried it to his car instead, “Yah! Where are you going to take my suitcase?!” she yelled.

“To my car of course. Now, take your car and follow me.”

As expected, Siwon lived in a luxurious apartment in the outskirts of Seoul and Heechul wasn’t surprised at all that the rooms are even bigger than the house that she sold before.

“You can sleep in that room. Mine is the one next yours. The common bathroom’s near my bedroom. The kitchen…” he was explaining but Heechul droned him out. She’s too busy thinking about how she can agree to live with a man without any real relationship and with her enemy at that! She shook her head, “I’m going crazy, aren’t I?” she mumbled to herself.

Heechul came back again to her senses after Siwon snapped his finger in front of her face. She frowned at him. “Are you listening to me, Heechul?” he asked.

“Uh, yes. Can I go to my room now?” she asked back and after Siwon nodded, she walked to her room and was dumbfounded after opening the door. Instead of a bed, she found a bathtub. “You really didn’t listen to me.” Siwon said and Heechul can feel that he was holding back his laughter.

“You assh*le!” she muttered and as always get scolded by Siwon. She approached other door, hoping that this time she chose the right room. She entered the room and thought that she finally found her bedroom. She found a bed but she also found a life size photo of Siwon hanging on the wall. “Do you want to sleep in my room, Heechul? I don’t mind sharing.” Siwon snickered, igniting annoyance inside Heechul’s heart.

Heechul closed her eyes and counted to ten before getting out of the room. She walked past him and bumped his shoulder in purpose. Finally, she entered the right room. She closed the door and locked it before Siwon could follow her inside the room. She sprawled all over the bed and just stared at the ceiling. Once again, thinking what she had gotten herself into.

She got up and look around inside her room. It’s definitely a guest room not to mention seldom occupied because the room really lacked personal touch, very different from Siwon’s room. The bed only covered by white sheet accompanied with two white pillows. There were night tables on either side of the bed and a tall cupboard across bed beside a life-size mirror. The wall painted in blue brought a calm atmosphere but it couldn’t calm her heart right now. She fell back to the bed, tried to catch some sleep but a knock and a voice calling her name forced her to open her eyes and approach him.

“What?”

“Dinner’s ready.” He announced and walked away without care if Heechul will follow or not as long as he had informed her.

“The training will start tomorrow after you get off work. I’ll tell you what you should know after dinner.” Heechul only replied with ‘hmm’.

“I will evaluate your training progress after I’m back from my workplace and I hope everyday you will show progress.” She responded by another ‘hmm’.

“Sungmin will come to help you.”

Heechul stop chewing and quickly gulped any food left on . “Sungmin? Lee Sungmin? Your crush in high school?” she asked.

Siwon almost chocked after hearing her question but he managed to keep calm. “Ex crush, she’s my best friend now and don’t say that in front of my cousin, he might be jealous.”

“Oh, okay. So when will I get my dress?”

“After you passed the exam. Next month, we will meet with my grandmother for dinner. If you pass the exam, I’ll buy you the dress but if the next morning after our meeting my grandma asks me to break up with you, you should pay for my car repairs and forget about the dress.”

“Ne-next month but there are a lot of things I should learn to be your grandma’s ideal type besides I’m busy with my work. Can we make it?”

“That’s why the training will start tomorrow, so we can prepare everything.”

--

“So remember Heechul-sshi, you should keep your head up when you’re wearing stilettos and don’t let this book fall from your head. Now walk!” Heechul struggled as she walked wearing stilettos and few books on her head. She stumbled after her shoes tripped on the carpet, but she managed to keep the books still on her head. Sungmin just gave her a sympathetic smile.

Finally, the stiletto training ended. Heechul sat and massaged her painful ankle. “So Heechul-sshi, what’s your favorite style? Siwon’s grandma likes girls with feminine style.”

Heechul just pointed her clothes and Sungmin immediately understood. “So you like casual style. You prefer wearing jeans and sneakers than wearing dress and stiletto, right?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, tomorrow we will train using dress and skirt.” Sungmin said her and wrote on her journal.

“What? If I wear dress and stilettos, I’ll end up embarrassing myself, Sungmin-sshi!” she whined, hoping Sungmin will understand but she just gave her an apologetic smile.

“Sorry, this is Siwon’s request. Oh, I must leave now. You can practice with that stilettos. See you tomorrow, Heechul-sshi.”

--

“What have you learned today?” Siwon asked in the middle of their dinner. Heechul who sat across him let out a tired sigh before answering his question.

“I want to see you walk with stilettos after dinner.” He said and Heechul refused his request in an instant. “Do you still want the dress, Kim Heechul?” he smirked after Heechul muttered ‘fine’.

She walked back and forth with books on her head while wearing stilettos. Her ankle was starting to give stinging pain while Siwon just sat on the couch, watching her. Finally, her ankle surrendered when she tripped over the edge of the carpet, the books fell and her body followed ready to hit the carpeted floor.

She cracked one eye open when her body didn’t make any contact with the floor, she realized that a pair of strong arms were holding her waist and straightened her body.

“You should practice more, Heechul. Remember, if you fail, our deal is off.” He said as he guided Heechul to sit on the couch and took her stilettos off.

Heechul winced in pain and by reflex almost kicked him as he pressed his finger on her ankle, “Are you nuts? It hurts!” she yelled. Siwon didn’t say anything, he just stood up and left. Heechul felt tears start to form in her eyes as she massaged her sore ankle. “, it hurts. I think I sprained my ankle.” She was shocked when she felt cold on her sore ankle as Siwon pressed the ice pack against it.

“Use this and don’t move too much. Tomorrow your ankle will be better.” He said calmly.

Heechul blinked her eyes repeatedly, tried to will away the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes every time he massaged her sore ankle to hard. “You can stand up, right?” Heechul nodded.

Siwon helped her to stand up and supported her as they walked to Heechul’s room. Inside her mind, Heechul definitely couldn’t believe something like this happened, her high school enemy helping her. It’s really unbelievable and for a moment she thought that Siwon really wanted to help her but she remembered that Siwon helped her only for their deal; if she hurt her leg, they can’t continue with their deal.

“I’ll tell Sungmin to cancel the stilettos training tomorrow. I’ll ask her to teach you about tea time. Good night.” Siwon closed the door.

Heechul sighed for nth time this day and once again thought, “What have I gotten myself into?”

-TBC-