A little bit closer

Turning point

--

“Doctor, Jieun sshi servant is here.” A young nurse head popped in Doctor Pieter's room.

The old doctor looks up from his paper and gesturing the nurse to let Yongguk in the room. The nurse nodded before disappear and a minutes after, the door creaked open and Yongguk appear. “Sit down, Yongguk.” he talked in fluent Korean language, not a lot of people knew that he actually half Korean.

Yongguk nodded and sat across him. “How about Jieun condition now, doctor?”

“She's good. Actually, she can walk if she want since last week but I don't understand why she hiding this good news from Geunsuk.”

“She only wants to make sure about something first, doctor.”

“I understand. Is it about the accident?”

Yongguk nodded again. “I hope you can keep this secret, doctor.”

“Don't worry. I will protect her secret. She's had like my daughter after all.”

“If there's nothing else you want to say, I'll take my leave now, Doctor.” He stood up and bowed.

“Ah, yeah. See you later.”

Yongguk heading to another destination after leaving the doctor place. A private detective agency. He talked with the detective for almost an hour. He handed the police report and ask him to investigate Jieun's case once again. He smiled in relief after the detective promising to finish the investigation as fast as possible. After that, he heads to Jieun's family lawyer. The one who take care Jieun's father last will.

“That's true. Mr. Song last will stated that the president of company is still Jieun but the Main Director is Geunsuk. However if Jieun didn't capable to do the task as company president for more than 3 month, Geunsuk automatically become the president as long he become Jieun's husband. If Jieun's passed away, Geunsuk's position will be decided by the board member.”

Yongguk thought for a while. At one point, there's nothing wrong with the will but after going to a deep contemplation he voiced out a question, “What if her husband doing a criminal thing to make her incapable doing her job as a company president? Or the worst kill her so he can take over her place?”

The lawyer removes his glasses and put down the file quietly, “Are you trying to tell me that Geunsuk may be involved in the accident that make Mr. Song passed away and Jieun paralyzed?”

“I’m not really sure. The police said the accident is pure accident but reinvestigation won’t hurt anybody, right?”

“Yes, you right. I’ll try to help Jieun.”

“Thank you, Sir. Please, prevent the board member to choose Geunsuk as company president despite Jieun incapable to doing her task at least until the reinvestigate finished. You can ask the board member to chose Mr. Francois as temporary president, I think him capable enough.”

“Is Jieun who ask you to say that?”

“Yes.”

--

The ride back to Jieun mansion was so quiet. Yongguk’s mind torn in two. If he following his instinct, he was sure that Geunsuk involving in the accident and he didn’t need to hire detective or whatsoever, he only need his fist to finish him but half of him still hold the presumption of innocence. He sighed again. If not because he loves Jieun deeply, he would never involved himself inside the mess. “I hate rich people.” He muttered to himself.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Few times her eyes glanced between phone on table and a row of number in her notes. She reach out her hand and pick up the phone. She contemplate again. She didn't want to call the number but once again, profesionalism was above anything, including her personal issue.

"Hello, I'm Heechul from Miinah Magazine. I want to make an interview appointment with Mr. Jang." She waited patiently after the person on other line asked her to wait when she checked her boss schedule.

"Apparently, Mr.Jang schedule for this month until next month is full. But I'll try to make an appointment for you. I'll call you later when you got the interview date."

"Ne, thank you so much." She crossed her finger, hoping Geunsuk will extremely busy so he couldn't do interview until, hopefuly, next year. It doesn't matter if Kibum burning in rage because she failed in this task. She prefer failed than facing her nightmare again.

Despite Jieun was the president of the company, but the person who running it was Geunsuk, that's why mostly people knew about Jang Geunsuk as company representative and not Song Jieun .

"How is it?" Asked Zhoumi. In the span few hours, Heechul could notice, wrinkle and stress in her face become visible, as if Kibum task had her youth. As if she young, she's older than Heechul for pete's sake.

Heechul shrugged, "They haven't give us decision. She'll call us back later."

"Aw, ! Listen this, if you can make us got the interview, I'm promise, I'll make you got promotion."

"Are you really desperate like this until you willing to losing me as your assistant huh?"

"Yes. I only want to rub the article. when we finished our interview, to Kibum's face so she'll remember to not mess with Zhoumi." She turned around and stalked away.

"Yeah, you will saves your pride but I'll face my nightmare." She muttered.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Kyuhyun sighed, for nth times in the past one hour. He typed again and the same result appeared. "Aish, person with Geunsuk name were thousand in South Korea not to mention the South Korean person who live abroad maybe have name Geunsuk. How could he ordering me to search about Geunsuk with nothing but his name. No surname or other information." He kept grumbling until didn't realized the love of his life approaching him.

"What is it, baby?"

Sungmin's melodious voice effective breaking his, now, last tiny attention he has for his 'task'

"Huh? Oh, hi baby. When did you come?"

"Few minutes ago. What are you doing? You don't seem doing a project or what?" She pointed to stack of untouched file. Kyuhyun groaned, no thanks' for Siwon, because of him he forgot to doing his real task and overworking was for sure today if he want to save his precious wine from his father ban.

"Hyung's task was unbelievable." He whined, in no minutes Sungmin already beside him, patted his head, and cooed him after he pouted. Oh yes, an evil cupid person like him have aegyo too but only reserved for Sungmin.

"Omo, what Siwon do this time huh? My poor baby."

"He asked me to find a person named Geunsuk."

"Jang Geunsuk?"

"No...no...Geunsuk, eh, that's quite possible."

"What?"

"Jang Geunsuk, now it goes to my list." He scribbled Jang to his, already long, family name list. "Now where were we?" He murmured again and started typing the family name.

Sungmin pouted, "Are you planned to ignore me Kyuhyun ah?"

"Ah, no, of course not baby." He hastily turned off his laptop. "Now, let's go to lunch, I'm hungry."

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Time fly fast. A week had passed. Heechul had met with Hankyung and she told him about the interview appointment too, his reaction of course forbid her to meet with Geunsuk right away, but as stubborn girl that she was, she kept assuring him that she’ll fine, that Zhoumi who will interviewing him. So finally, Hankyung let her do to anything she wants do with heavy heart of course.

“But promise me, when that bastard dares to laying his finger on you; tell me immediately so I can end his life immediately.”

In other side, Kyuhyun still couldn’t find the specific Geunsuk. Although Siwon didn’t say anything but Kyuhyun knew, his cousin was grumbling over his failure in his heart. “Don’t blame me hyung. If only you asking Heechul sshi about his ex you won’t acted like a person dying in curiosity like this.”

Meanwhile, Geunsuk who didn’t knew anything about his wife’s plan keep doing his job like usual. He was sitting on his usual desk doing his usual task when his secretary knocked his door and entering the room. “This is the interview list, sir.” She put the paper on his desk.

He takes the paper and skimming through the list until his eyes stuck on one name, “Kim Heechul from Miinah magazine?”

“Yes sir. It’s Korean magazine. They ask for interview since last week-”

“How dare you!” Geunsuk yelled and pounded the desk. The poor secretary who didn’t prepared herself for Geunsuk's sudden outburst gasped in surprise. “You should report this to me immediately!”

“B-But you usually rejected interview.”

“Don’t teach me what I should or I shouldn’t do. Call the Korea branch; tell them to make interview appointment with Miinah magazine for tomorrow.”

“But sir your meeting?”

“I don’t ing care. Tell them or I’ll fire you.”

“Y-Yes sir.” She's scurried ran from the room before Geunsuk exploding again. And doing his order right away.

“Heechul…finally…”

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

For few minutes, Heechul just sat boringly inside Zhoumi’s room and only watching her boss walking back and forth. “Why they hasn’t call us? Why?” Zhoumi murmured to herself.

Heechul just rolled her eyes. Suddenly her phone rang. She dashed out from Zhoumi’s room and picked up the phone. “Kim Heechul speaking.” And her face paler. She bit her lips.

“What happen?” asked Zhoumi.

“You get your interview. Tomorrow.”

Zhoumi’s fist of victory rose in air; she smiled smugly very different with Heechul who has horror look on her face. “Ottoke?” she asked herself.

 

-TBC-

Reply for 29

PusPusMayPuSiwon : Yes, Geunsuk!!!! Just go away…Thanks’ for commenting

Fungafufu : He’ll try…Thank you for your comment.

rossy80 : Yes, of course he’ll try to protect her. Thanks’ for your comment.

Aricari : Ahahaha, agree..no one loves you Geunsuk, just go away…thank you^^

Milky_hee : That’s a coincident right? Kibum didn’t know about Heechul past relationship and she gave that task. Thank you for your comment.

lady_na : I’m sorry I still couldn’t insert Haehyuk, maybe later.

punklena : Yes, she never can keep her claws. Thanks’ for the comment.

loser220 : Fighting…!!!!! Hehehe, gomawoyo..

KIMparkshi : Ne, hwaiting..!!! uhm..updateee,,,^^

maedeh : FINALLY SOMEONE NOTICED THAT….Lemme hug you!!!!!...kekekekeke…she indeed have a veeeerrryyy bad luck. (sorry for the capslock) ahahaha,,,,

ichathoriqlover : yes you right…and that actually my favorite scene too,hehehe..thank you for your comment…