Comfort me

Turning point

warning: innuendo

beta by -dolce-

~~00~~

The day has completely fallen into the night, the moon showed up and the stars twinkled happily. It brought joy and happiness but not enough to entertain a Heechul in her foul mood. She was waiting inside Siwon's car for almost ten minutes after they finished the dinner with his grandmother. When Siwon asked a waiter to sent Heechul's car back to his apartment, she was stuck inside the car with Siwon busy on his phone outside the car.

Her thought wandered back to their dinner, especially to Siwon's grandma. She's a nice lady and quite funny too but she had a strict aura like Siwon. She remembered the way her heart twisted in a strange way when Siwon's grandma asked her to take care of him. She said that maybe she's the right person for him. Now she understood, the strange feeling she felt earlier was guilt and she was sure that Siwon felt the same too, but they knew they can't called the deal off. They need to continue with their lie until Siwon's birthday. After that, they can stay together for a few months before calling it quits.

"Maybe she just said that to flatter me but she will still ask Siwon to break up with me." She remembered that she nearly slipped and if not for Siwon's fast reflexes, she could have fallen to the floor. And worse, Mrs. Choi witnessed everything. She didn't say anything and just entered her car and drove off with her butler. Heechul had an assumption that the accident can be a very strong reason for Mrs. Choi to scratch her name from her ideal-girlfriend-type-for-my grandson-list. With that thought, she tried to ignore her guilty feeling.

Her mind wandered back to little squabble at the restaurant. She admitted that she was upset with Siwon but the actual source of her bad-mood today wasn’t Siwon. It’s her manager and her very sharp tongue. She folded her arm and unconsciously pouted when Siwon finally ended his phone call and slipped into the driver seat.

He took a deep breath before turning his body slightly, facing her. “Hey, Heechul, Uhm..Do you like ice cream?” he asked cautiously.

Heechul snorted and rolled her eyes. How can he ask a stupid question? Of course she likes ice cream. Everybody loves ice cream!

“Why do you ask?” she asked back.

Siwon sighed in exasperation. Why can’t she understand that he’s just comforting her that he rarely does to someone who’s neither a family nor a friend?

“Can you just answer my question and not ask another question?”

Heechul glared, “Why are you so grumpy today? I’m supposed to be grumpy, not you!” She exclaimed.

Siwon closed his eyes. He kept chanting in his head ‘Keep calm Siwon. Remember you’re doing this only for your deal. Keep calm.’ Without saying anything, he pulled out from parking lot and sped off to a convenience store near the park he usually visited. Heechul was still sulking.

He stopped his car once again and turned to Heechul. “Listen, I know you’re upset and I just want to make you feel better, so can you cooperate with me today?” he asked.

“I always cooperate with you.” She retorted.

He went back to his driving and sighed “You’re right. So let’s pretend that we’re friend just for today.” He said.

“But, why?”

“Because, Heechul,” He said impatiently and turned to her again; this time, staring straight into Heechul’s eyes, “One, only friends comfort each other. Yes we had a truce but we’re not friends yet and we obviously dislike each other. So, to make this possible, we should at least pretend to be friends if only for today.” He paused again and continued after Heechul urged for him to continue. “Two, since my grandma hasn’t made a decision yet we don’t know tomorrow if we will still be together or not and maybe today is the day and I thought that maybe we can spend this day as friends. What do you think?”

Heechul pondered for awhile. She tried to digest Siwon’s words carefully and she admitted that Siwon was right so she decided to just play along.

“Fine. Do whatever you want to do.”

He smiled and asked almost a little bit too eager, “So, what flavor do you like? Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, pistachio?”

“Pfft..Seriously, what’s wrong with you today? A minute ago you’re a grumpy old man and you’re an eager five year old boy the next.”

He merely shrugged, “I don’t know.” And it was the truth. He didn’t knew either. He usually never bothered himself doing something like this for other people besides his family or close friend but since their first encounter in high school, Heechul had always been an exception. Although he kept reminding himself that he was doing that only because of pity and nothing more. “So, what would you have?”

“Chocolate mint. Big tub.”

“Okay, wait here.”

She was wondering about his action after Siwon left. She really didn’t understand with the way Siwon’s brain works, but in the end she just thought that Siwon only wanted to apologize and make up for his mistake earlier. She was about to take off her stiletto when she realized her bag wasn’t with her and that she would have to endure the stiletto torture for a few more hours.

“Let’s go home.” She ordered after Siwon slipped back into driver seat and started the engine.

“Why? Let’s go to my favorite place first. You said you’re upset and staying at home isn’t a good choice for releasing stress.”

Heechul folded her arms and narrowed her eyes, “Seriously Siwon. Tell me your real plan?” she demanded, suspicious.

Siwon let out a little smile, “I don’t have any weird plan inside my head. I swear. Trust me, cat.”

“What’s with the nickname too, huh?”

“Nothing. I thought it’s normal for friends to give each other a nickname, right?”

“Whatever, horse.”

“Horse? That’s not bad. We’re here.” He exclaimed.

They arrived at little park. The park was quite beautiful with a small lake and lots of flower. The plum trees were in bloom with white petals. They walk along the path lined with plum trees. Wind made some petals fall to the ground and some landed on Heechul’s hair. She’s too busy admiring the scenery to care about it and wouldn’t notice it if not for someone touching her head. She turn around right when Siwon withdrew his hand.

“I..uh..there’s petal on your hair.” He pointed to Heechul’s head.

She just ignored him and kept walking. “Hey, let’s go there.” Exclaimed Heechul. She pulled Siwon’s free hand and dragged him to a bench near the lake. She plopped down and hastily took off her stiletto. “Finally..” she sighed in relief, “Oh, god. I hate stilettos.” She muttered.

Siwon just chuckled, “Here’s your ice cream.” He handed the ice cream.

“Mine!” she exclaimed with big and genuine smile on her lips. It effectively lit up her mood. She closed her eyes and sighed in contentment when the sweet ice cream touched her taste bud. She never knew that eating ice cream was an effective way to calm her down when she was stressed because she always chose the fastest way: drink until she’s drunk. Come to think of it, it wasn’t the ice cream that calm her down, it was because someone was sitting beside her, ready to listen. She glanced at Siwon and saw that he was enjoying his ice cream too. She focused back her attention to her ice cream again and let her mind wander around various thing.

He’s the first person who broke the silence. “So, do you mind telling me your problem?” Siwon asked carefully all the while looking at her changed expression.

She sighed again and stopped eating her ice cream, “My usual problem of course.”

~~0~~0~~

Meanwhile at Sungmin’s apartment.

Kyuhyun quietly slipped out of Sungmin’s bed after he succeeded removing her tight grip around his waist. He picked up his boxer from the floor, wore it and grabbed his phone before going to the living room. He dialed a familiar number and waited patiently until he’s connected to other line.

“What is it, Kyuhyun?” asked a familiar voice.

“Hey, grandma. Can you help me?”

 “What did you do this time? Don’t say you drank your Appa’s wine without his consent again, like you did last year and now you’re calling me to ask if I have the same brand and if I have, you want it for you so you can cover up your mistake and nott get scolded by your appa. Am I right?”

 “Grandma, have I said I love you so much and you’re the coolest person in the world?” Kyuhyun faked a sob.

“Oh, shut up you brat! You always knew the way to make this old lady happy. I love you too, by the way. So, what brand this time?”

 “Chateau Margaux."

 “I think I have that brand. Come to my place tomorrow and don’t call me in the middle of night. I need rest too!”

“Okay, thank you grandma!”

He the phone off in relief. At least his father won’t scold him. He heard a faint click sound and soft foot step approached him and he knew exactly who was it.

“Kyu, what are you doing here?”

Bingo. His baby of course. “Nothing, I just called someone. Let’s sleep again, Min.” he rose up from the couch and walked over to Sungmin. He held her hand softly and walked hand in hand to the bedroom.

“Min.” he said after Sungmin once again claimed her spot beside him and snuggled closer.

“Hm?”

“How about round 2?” he whispered huskily, making her blush after hearing his question.

“Okay.” She replied shyly.

 

 

 

 

-TBC-

 

 

A/N update for you. And Kyumin moment and I think Kyuhyun will save this time and Comment?