Enemy with benefit?

Turning point

--Unbeta--

--It’s indeed Hankyung but nooo, he’s not Heechul’s ex--

--

“I never expected that I'll meet you again after few year passed, Heechul.”

“Me too. I'm happy to see you again and I mean it.” she said cheerfully.

Hankyung smiled but regret was clear inside his eyes and Heechul noticed it.

“It's okay, Hannie. I'm fine now.”

“I'm sorry.” He said in remorse. “If only I knew his true self, maybe I won’t let him being your boyfriend.”

“I said I'm fine. Please don't bring up this topic again, okay? Let's talk about the other thing.”

Hankyung nodded but seem he couldn't find the right topic to start the conversation, so Heechul decided to open the topic.

“So, where do you live now?”

“In China. I’m arrive yesterday and my cousin takes me to this event.”

“Are you married now?”

Hankyung shook his head, “Not yet. How about you?”

“No, I’m still single.”

Remorse once again strikes him upon hearing Heechul's answer. Hankyung felt a strange pain inside his heart, although Heechul said she's fine and that wasn't his fault but he still had a part on Heechul's current state now. If only that bastard didn't leave her, maybe Heechul now had happily married with that person. But half of his heart thought, it's better knew early than sorry. He imagining what if Heechul was late to know that the person she's marrying was a jerk, maybe she now will more suffered than before. Still, his regret more stronger.

“I'm so sorry, Heechul.” He apologized again, “I’m really sorry.”

“Hannie, stop it! It wasn't your fault if I haven't married now.”

“But-”

“If you bring up this topic again, I swear I'll hate you forever, Hankyung.” she threatened.

Hankyung shivered as he heard Heechul’s tone. She only used that tone twice, five years ago and today and his conscious told his mouth to shut up when he sensed that Heechul was really annoyed now. He nodded again.

Heechul took a deep breath. She really hates it. Because of him, her good relationship with Hankyung ruined. Well, she was okay now but Hankyung still feeling the remorse, because he was the person who introduced him to her.

--

Siwon walked back to his previous spot while holding two glass of drinks. “Kibum, where's Heechul?” Siwon asked when he didn't saw Heechul.

“I don't know. She leave me alone. Why didn't you just keep me company here, oppa?” she asked cutely.

Siwon smiled apologetically “I'm sorry Kibum. Maybe next time.” He hand over the glass he was holding and walked briskly to opposite direction.

Kibum stomping her foot in annoyance and almost lost her balance if not because of someone held her in time before she embarrasing herself. “Be careful, Miss.” his voice so gentle and make Kibum blushed, “Thank you, sir.” she said shyly. That man just nodded and walked away after helping her.

Siwon had walking around the venue but he still couldn't find Heechul. He had asking Sungmin about Heechul, but she didn't saw her too. He confronted a waiter and asked him if he had seen Heechul by described her as accurately as possible. And he pointed to balcony direction after listening Siwon's description. Siwon hurriedly made way to balcony and when he about to pass the separator door, he stopped. He saw Heechul standing with a man, talking seriously. He frowned when once again jealousy clenched his heart. He decided to watch for a minute or more before approaching her and asking the question that had disturbed him since before.

--

“Can we become a good friend again like before, Chul?” Hankyung asked timidly after few minutes passed and only silence filled the conversation between them. His eyes were full with hope.

Heechul smiled and thought how could he asking to be her best friend again, when she still considered him as her best friend although they had separated for years. Okay, maybe she had had giving him a cold shoulder five years ago for almost six months after the incident, all because of hurt feeling, and they  lost communication even before the relationship between them became normal again because Hankyung continued his study to China. To think about that, it's understandable if he asked 'the strange' request like that.

“Of course we can, Hankyung. You still my best friend all this time.”

And now Heechul saw a very genuine smile on his lips. His tired and regretful face was gone. “Thank you.” he took a step closer and enveloped her in a big hug.

Heechul sighed when finally she found a familiar comfort from her lost best friend. She brought her hand to Hankyung's back, tightened their hug. She closed her eyes, immersed in longing feeling.

“I miss you.” He said those words loud enough, so not only Heechul who could heard that but also the person who standing near the separator door, unintentionally of course, because Hankyung really didn't notice that there was a person near the separator door.

Siwon gasped after hearing that man's word. He had shocked enough when he witnessing a man hugged Heechul tightly with no intention to release his hug on next minutes and now he said that word with all of his heart.

He unconsciously clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. His jealousy was eating him alive.

At the moment Hankyung opened his eyes, his gaze catch a  man with very annoyed expression was looking at them intently. His eyes were burning in indescribable emotion. Hankyung saw he turned around and walked away. For a second he thought that maybe the man was merely a stranger who just had bad day but realization dawned on him when he felt Heechul released her embrace. Maybe that man was Heechul boyfriend. But she said that she still single. Hankyung confused but he chose to ignore the matter.

--

Siwon walked briskly. His face tensed, a clear sign for the other to stay away from him, unless for one person.

“Siwon-ah.”

His steps stop in instant after hearing Sungmin's voice. He facing her with his face still sour.

“Where were you going?” she asked casually, ignoring the frown and unfriendly look on Siwon’s face.

“Home. I’m tired with this party.”

“How about Heechul? You won't let her go home alone, right? It's getting late and will too dangerous for a woman like her to hail a taxi in the middle of night.”

Sungmin's words was really make sense and like usual, she seem the only person who understand about the reason behind Siwon's abrupt mood. A bitter smile formed on his mentally image. “Heechul? yeah Heechul. The source of my strange behavior. I don't care. She can going home with her boyfriend.” He wanted to spit out those words although he admitted that the words was hurting his mouth. He sighed, “I'll go to find her now. Goodnight, Min.” He turn his heels to balcony direction where he found Heechul earlier.

Sungmin waved her hand when Siwon left and someone suddenly hugged her from behind and she knew perfectly the owner of that lanky hand. “Hey babe. What's wrong with my cousin? He seems pretty upset.”

“Guess it.” Sungmin replied.

Kyuhyun chuckled lowly and nuzzled Sungmin's neck, “It’s involving Heechul noona and jealousy.”

“You’re genius.” Sungmin praised.

“So, how about the dress that Siwon hyung requested?”

“Leeteuk will send the dress tomorrow.”

--

Siwon found Heechul with the same man who hugged her earlier but now the other man was joined their conversation as well. He scoffed inwardly, “Ck I don't know she’s really popular.”

He strode to Heechul's side and cleared his throat to catch her attention. “Oh, Siwon. Meet my friend. This is Hankyung and this is Hongki, my junior at university. Hankyung, Hongki, this is Siwon.”

Siwon smiled and for the sake of politeness, he reach their hand for a hand shake despite the jealousy that start crept back inside his heart. Especially when he face to face with the Hankyung guy.

“I heard a lot about you Siwon sshi, you're become a hot topic among new businessman. They said, you're not only one of the heirs of the Choi Company but also a successful businessman on your own effort.” Hankyung praised, a smile never faded from his lips.

“Ah, no. They're just exaggerating the stories. There's a lot of businessman who more successful than me.” Siwon smiled tried to look more humble.

“But still you were the hot topic.” Hankyung continued.

Siwon laughed a little and slowly his finger entwined with Heechul's, as sign, he wants to leave this place. Now.

“It's getting late, Heechul. Let's go home.” He spoke softly after Heechul seem didn't understand the meaning behind their entwined hand.

“I know. You can go home first, I'll back with Hankyung. Right, Hannie?”

“Eh, what?” Hankyung look confused. He look at Heechul first and after that he look at Siwon, which he wished he didn't do at first place, after he saw an unfriendly expression on Siwon's face. Silently screaming the jealousy and warning for him to say no. “I'm sorry I can't take you home Chul, I had promise with my cousin. Next time okay or you can ask Hongki.”

Hongki who since beginning only become an audience was startled after Hankyung threw him as a sacrifice. And he knew very well, it was better for him to refuse her request, “I'm sorry noona. I can't this time. You can go home with Siwon sshi instead. Besides, he's your boyfriend right?” he grinned and trying to look pitiful like a kicked puppy so Heechul will forgive him this time.

“Fine then. Thank you so much.” she said sarcastically.

“I'm sorry, Chul. I'll call you later.” said Hankyung. He shook Siwon’s hand and almost hugged Heechul but stopped mid way, it was her who pulled him in a quick hug, she hugged Hongki as well to. After that, she leave with Siwon.

“She said she's single. How you can sure that Siwon sshi is her boyfriend?” asked Hankyung curiously. Although he actually had suspicion after he saw scowl on Siwon's face everytime Heechul was too close with him, but he didn't dare to draw any conclusion about that.

Hongki shrugged nonchalantly, “I'm not sure. I just talking nonsense to save my life, but noona didn't denied it, so maybe Siwon sshi is indeed her boyfriend. Let's take some drinks. I heard Jang Geunsuk came too. Maybe we can meet him.”

Hankyung's eyes widened in surprise. He grabbed Hongki's arm, “Geunsuk is here?”

Hongki nodded.

“How can I didn't know. Why there's no news about his arrival?” he asked again. His grip tightened.

“Ouch, calm down man. It's hurt.” Hongki yelped in pain. He rubbed his sore arm after Hankyung finally released his grip, “He just came today and immediately attending this fashion show, so I won't wonder if there’s no news about his arrival but I’m sure since he is a famous fashion businessman the news about him will spread on magazine tomorrow.”

“Jang Geunsuk...” Hankyung mumbled the name with hate and disgust on his word. “Finally we will meet again…”

--

Siwon didn't waste his time any longer at the party place. He strode off with Heechul in tow.

“Can you walk slower?” Heechul asked exasperatedly after for nth time she almost tripped in her stiletto and her long dress but Siwon seem didn’t want to slow down his step nor release his grip on Heechul’s hands. “Siwon!” she tugged their entwined hand to catch his attention and finally Siwon slowing down his step. Heechul smiled inwardly, thought that Siwon now start to listen her word. Her smile faded as quickly as appears when she realized the reason behind Siwon obedient act.

There was Kibum. When Siwon approaching her, he let go their entwined hand and Heechul fought the sudden urge to grab that hand again after Siwon reach Kibum's hand for a handshake.

Kibum’s face lit up when she held Siwon’s hand, “Oh, oppa. Are you will leave now?” she smiled sweetly after threw a brief mocking glare to Heechul for seconds.

“Yes. I have a meeting tomorrow.”

Kibum purposely held his hand longer than necessary as she spoke again, “Can we lunch together oppa? Tomorrow? Of course if you're not busy.” She shifted to Siwon's side and clinging on his arm.

Apparently, Heechul couldn't stand it anymore. She felt a strange knot on her heart when Siwon seem distracted by Kibum and didn’t give his attention to her. She pouted and stalked away. Refusing to stay and heard their conversation for any longer.

Siwon slowly pried her hand off him, “I can't Kibum. I'm sorry.”

“The day after tomorrow oppa?” she asked again, her hand moved back to Siwon's arm.

“No, I can't.” Siwon said sternly.

Kibum pouted, tried to look cute but failed miserably, “Why did you still reject me although that girl wasn't beside you anymore? or you actually just want to make her jealous so you act friendly with me all of sudden?” she folded her arms and huffed in annoyance.

Siwon finally realized the lack of person beside him, since he too occupied to pry Kibum off from him. “I need to go now, Kibum.” Said him when he turned his body.

“Oppa, don’t go!” Kibum grabbed his hand.

“Don’t act childish Kibum!” He said coldly and harshly shook off Kibum’s hand from his arm. “I must find her before she gone too far.” After that, he turned around and went.

Kibum growled. Once again, she lost in battle to snatch Siwon’s heart. If before she’s lost from Siwon’s ex and his job but now she was lost from Heechul.

--

Heechul huffed in annoyance. Few times, she tried to hail a taxi but always failed. She thought to call Eunhyuk but she remembers Eunhyuk had going home first with her boyfriend.

“Where's the damn taxi when I need it? It's Seoul god damn it and not some faraway land!” She grumbled in annoyance after standing in front of the building for few minutes, but no taxi was passed. “ it all!” she exclaimed and took off her stiletto. If she couldn't get taxi, she'll walk. No matter how long it takes to go to Siwon's apartment, oh wait, to the nearest hotel. She'll stay at hotel this night, she's too angry with him and stay at same place with Siwon maybe not a good idea.

She was far enough from the building, when a voice called her name. She chose to ignore him.

Siwon sped up his car and stopped few meter in front of Heechul, blocked her way when she’ll cross the street. “Why did you leave first?” he asked in a demanding tone after he got out from car and walked to Heechul. “Did you understand how dangerous for a woman walking alone at midnight?” he yelled. He didn't mean to act rudely, but his frustration after searching her and couldn't find her finally took the toll. “I’m so worried when I couldn’t find you, Heechul. Do you understand that?”

Despite the guilty feeling for making Siwon worried clawing her heart but she still angry and she won't let him to yell at her, “No I don't understand and I also don't understand why I should stay there and witnessing you,” she emphasized her word and pointed a finger to Siwon, “flirting with my manager in front of me. I hate it!” she spat the last word. Her eyes flaming in jealousy.

Siwon who was taken aback with her sudden outburst, fell into silent mode for a moment to compose his mind and arranging his next question carefully, “So you think I'm happy when I saw you flirting with another man, huh?” his tone was calm but his heart wasn’t.

“I'm not flirting with another man.”

“Yes you are and you owe me an explanation Heechul.”

She folded her arms, “What kind of explanation?”

“What is your past relationship with Kangin hyung?”

“He's my boyfriend when I was a freshman at university. Why? Do you hate it? That's why you flirting with my manager? Oh wait, flirting with your grandma's ideal type and your future fiancé.” she sneered.

“How did you know about that?” Siwon asked curiously.

Now Heechul's turn to become a mute. She regretting the blurted out and she definitely couldn't tell him that she actually eavesdrop his conversation with his grandma. Although just a tiny bit.

“Answer me!”

She shifted uncomfortably under Siwon sharp gaze. She looked to anywhere but Siwon, mumbled quietly but enough for Siwon to hear it clearly, “I just know about that, okay and I hate if you flirt with her or with another woman.”

A small smile appeared on his lips. “Are you jealous?” he pressed the right button when Heechul finally let out her deepest feeling.

“Yes damn it! I'm jealous yet I'm not love you. I'm confused. I hate you!” she exclaimed. Her cheek flaming red in embarrassment; she never acted like this before. Heechul never make a confession like this.

“You think I'm not jealous when you were too engrossed in your little conversation with Kangin hyung until you almost ignore me and not jealous when your Hankyung friend hugged you? I'm jealous too Heechul, but I didn't love you. I'm confused too.” He said softly and took a step closer to her.

Heechul's eyes widen, she didn't know what kind of reaction she should give. She couldn't help but asked back after she failed to find the perfect reaction. “What kind of relationship we have actually?” she asked weakly. Hands limply on side of her body, stiletto fell to the ground. For a moment no one dare to speak and uttering a single word. “We're in truce but we had passed the line. We're not friends yet we had done thing that a normal friend didn't do. What actually our relationship, Siwon?” Heechul asked again. Her tone silently begging for an answer. Her eyes teary.

Siwon's heart aching after he heard Heechul's words. She sounds so fragile, desperate, and confused. And the only thing he wants to do was wrap her in his arm. So he took few step closer to her and bring her into his embrace.

“I hate you!” she struggled in Siwon's embrace to release herself but the latter didn't budge.

“I hate you.” she said again. Hit his chest weakly.

“I know.” Siwon replied calmly. One of his hands caressing Heechul's hair, soothe her feeling. The other, lay comfortably on Heechul’s back.

“I hate you…” She mumbled. Her hand clutched Siwon's shirt desperately.

“I lo-” Siwon halted. He took a deep breath, he really aware with the impact of his word. It will change their relationship forever. “What if I say, I love you Heechul?” he asked slowly.

Heechul felt her heart gave a funny feeling. A familiar yet unfamiliar feeling stirred inside her heart in same time. She was felt the same reaction few years ago but after him hurt her, she never feel that feeling anymore, until today. She laughed, tried to kill her excitement and stopped the butterflies in her stomach that start flutter their wings together. “That's not funny. Never say something that you'll regret later.”

“Ah yeah, you right. About your question earlier. I know the perfect name for our relationship.”

“What is it?”

“Enemy with benefit.”

Heechul scrunched her nose, “It's have similarity with friend with benefit?”

Siwon shrugged, “I'm not sure. Now, let's go home. I'm tired.” He released his embrace and pick up Heechul's stiletto. His other hand took Heechul's hand as they walked to the car.

--

Siwon's car passed a man who was standing beside his car on the street. His eyes widen when he saw the other passenger inside the car. “Heechul-ah? Is that you?”

 

 

 

-TBC-

 

A/N: I’m sorry for my sudden gloomy mood on my last chapter. The exam wasn’t as hard as I thought, hehehe and I’m kinda upset because the exam had succeed ruining my mood. Once again, I’m sorry.

PS. I think you'll able to guess the man in last paragraph :D

Reply for chapter 26:

@PusPusMayPuSiwon : Yeah, yeah, drama. Maybe after this chapter, the lovey dovey started :)

@rossy80 : It’s hannie :D

@B-naafi-M : Thank you ^^

@loser220 : He’s indeed Hannie and he hasn’t know yet about Heechul’s ex

@Fungafufu : Now we know :D

@maedeh : Yes, yes, he’s Hannie.

@shooOoog : It’s Hannie

@KIMparkshi : It’s Hannie of course

@ichathoriqlover : I’m so sorry. Maybe from now on I won’t able to focus on side pairing moment, but I'll try to insert their moment although just a little bit.

@punklena : hehehehe…

@n0erhyuk : Yes, you’re right…

@Milky_hee : Yeah, he’s so stupid…

@loser220 : Update…

@lady_na : Okay, in what context? Hehehe. My body is okay but last chapter my mood was a little bit gloom so yeah, hehehe…thanks’ for asking.