No Cursing This Day?

Turning point

(beta by -dolce-)

--

“Hey Heechul, remember that I’m helping you only because of our deal.” Heechul heard Siwon say behind the door.

She rolled her eyes and asked herself on how Siwon can assume that she didn’t know that he helped her only because of the deal. “Yeah I know. You’re helping me only because of the deal and not because we’re friends. Oh wait, we’re not even friends. Go away! I want to sleep.” She heard Siwon’s footsteps drifting away from her room and after making sure Siwon’s no longer around, she grabbed the pillow and buried her head in it, ignoring the pain on her ankle.

Meanwhile, inside Siwon’s room:

“Yo Kyuhyun, I took your advice,” Siwon said when Kyuhyun answered his call.

“So?”

“Honestly, I’m slightly uncertain about this. I asked Sungmin to train her but I don’t know if it’ll end good or bad.” He huffed.

“Don’t worry, she got the best teacher. Sungmin will do anything to make her grandma’s ideal type.”

“I’m counting on you Kyuhyun. We will meet grandma for dinner next month.”

“That’s too fast. What will you tell grandma if she became suspicious about your new relationship?”

“Suspicious?”

“You never introduce your new girlfriend less than three months after your previous break up but now you’ll introduce her only a month after your break up. Don’t you think this will cause suspicion?”

“You’re right. I’ll find an excuse for that. Bye.”

Siwon sighed. He stood up and moved to his favorite spot, his bedroom window. From there he can let his mind wander to faraway, watch the lampposts and cars passing by, going to some place. Sometimes he wishes he can go with them.

“I’m counting on you Heechul, please don’t disappoint me.”

--

The month passed rather quickly and somewhat uneventful. Except Heechul got scolded by her boss and suddenly, Kibum’s secretary asked her to come to Kibum’s office. Heechul knew the reason since Eunhyuk already gave her an idea.

“I think you know why I called you here, Heechul.” She didn’t beat around the bush, not even inviting Heechul to sit.

Heechul chose to stand up and nodded. “Yes, I know.”

“So, how you will take responsibility of your carelessness?”

“I will try to buy the same dress, Manager.”

Kibum let out a cynic laugh and Heechul found it really irritating. “How can you buy that dress, Kim Heechul? Don’t pull my leg. I understand and I’ll arrange your discharge letter. Don’t expect any severance pay. I’ll use your money to repair the dress although it won’t cover all of the cost.”

Heechul took a deep breath, she can feel her heart boiling in anger, her face and ears were starting to get red. “I said I’ll buy that dress and that means I’ll buy it. You don’t have to insult me, give me one month. . .uh, no, give me one week and I’ll replace that dress.”

Kibum folded her arms and gave her a challenging look, “Fine but if you fail, you’ll get fired and I’ll make sure no other magazine will accept you.”

--

To say that Heechul was in a terrible mood when she walked out of Kibum’s office was an understatement. Her phone kept buzzing and it only added to her stress.

“WHAT?!” She barked to whoever it was on the other line.

“Uhm, Heechul-sshi, I’m sorry for disturbing you but I hope you remember you still have an appointment to come to my boutique before dinner tonight.”

, I forgot! “Okay Sungmin-sshi, sorry for earlier. I’m on my way to your place.”

She turned her phone off and walked briskly to the parking lot when someone called her name. She turned around and saw Eunhyuk running to catch up her.

“Where are you going?” She asked.

Heechul opened her car door, “Sungmin’s boutique. You want to go with me?”

Eunhyuk sat beside her, “Yeah, I have an appointment in that area.”

“With Donghae?” Heechul asked and started driving away from their office.

“Yes.”

--

5.30PM, Delight Restaurant

Siwon glanced at his wristwatch and sighed She never change. He stood up as his grandma came and sat down in front of him. He bowed politely, smiled to her butler as he gave him a good luck sign before sitting on the far end of the room.

“So, should we start our dinner now, Siwonnie? I still have another appointment.” She said when Siwon reoccupied his seat.

“Uh, yeah grandma, but can we wait. . .oops, I’ll take this call first.” He stood up and fished his phone out of his pocket, pretending that someone was calling him.

Siwon headed out of the room to the restaurant entrance. He saw Heechul rushing to the restaurant and almost collided with her if not of his fast reflexes.

“You’re late. Why didn’t you try, at least for today, to be on time?” He hissed as he gripped Heechul’s hand tightly, dragging her to their room.

“W-Wait, you’re hurting me.” Heechul yelped and released Siwon’s hand harshly, glaring at him with anger.

“I’m the person who should be mad, not you.” He said in a low voice but before he can hold her again, Heechul turned around and walked away. “Where do you think you’re going, huh?” He grabbed her shoulder and spun her around to face him.

“Let’s end this deal if you won’t show me some respect. , I am trying the best that I can do but you never care about my feelings and keep criticizing me, blaming me, not even asking what happened to me. I’m sick and tired of this.” Heechul’s voice was slightly higher and drew attention from other diners. Siwon gave them an apologetic smile as he pulled Heechul away from the main dining area. “Follow me and we’ll talk.” He said and Heechul obediently followed him.

They walked in silence to a secluded area near the room where Siwon’s grandma was waiting. “I’m sorry if I didn’t pay attention to your feelings, but maybe now is not the right time for us to talk. My grandma’s waiting there and she didn’t have a lot of time, she’s busy and no, don’t cancel our agreement. I’m sorry okay.” Siwon was waiting Heechul’s response with nervous feeling swirling inside his heart. After waiting for what he thought was forever, finally Heechul let out a soft ‘okay’ as response.

She opened her bag and took out the stilettos Sungmin gave her earlier, taking off her sneakers. She took her coat off and stuffed it inside her bag along with her sneakers. Siwon didn’t realize before that Heechul applied makeup and styled her hair. Honestly, Siwon can see that Heechul was actually very serious with their agreement and seeing her sacrifices (if applying complete make up not only face powder and lip gloss, styling her hair in differently, wearing dress and stilettos were any of it), the more that she didn’t want to cancel their deal.

She was wearing a red mini dress and Siwon can tell that she didn’t feel too comfortable although she looked more gorgeous and y in that dress and he was silently enjoying it. “Don’t ask. Sungmin-sshi chose this dress. She said at least with this dress I can walk using stilettos, but she’s wrong.” She grumbled as trying to walk in her stilettos. Siwon just held back his laughter and made a mental note to give Sungmin a bottle of wine as present for choosing the dress for Heechul. He took Heechul’s bag and gave it to a waiter after giving him a big tip. “Let’s go and no cursing today.” He said and offered his arm, so Heechul can hold him and prevent her from falling and embarrassing herself. Hesitantly, she accepted his arm with a nervous gulp as they entered the room. ‘Damn, I’m nervous’ she muttered in low voice, hoping Siwon didn’t hear but unfortunately, he did. “Control your language, Heechul.”

Inside the room sat a old lady sipping her tea in an elegant way. She smiled as soon she saw them entering the room. “Hello, Mrs. Choi, my name is Kim Heechul.” She bowed politely.

“Ah yes, please sit down.” She said softly. They sat across her. Heechul was so nervous. She kept glancing at Siwon as he talked with his grandma. Siwon sensed her nervousness and squeezed her hand making Heechul jump slightly from her seat and withdrew her hand quickly from Siwon’s grasp. Siwon just looked at her with a questioning look but Heechul didn’t look at him and chose to stare at her tea cup.

“So, tell me about your family, Miss Kim.” It was Siwon’s grandma.

Heechul gulped. Siwon trained her to lie about her past but she thought it was not a good idea. If Siwon’s grandma can’t accept her then so be it. At least she only told one lie, and that’s becoming Siwon’s fake girlfriend. “My parents passed away 13 years ago. I don’t have any family after my aunt passed away eight years ago.” Siwon whipped his head and looked at Heechul in surprise, he didn’t expect Heechul to tell the truth.

“Oh, I’m sorry for hear that, dear.”

“It’s okay Mrs. Choi. Oh, I’m working at a fashion magazine as an assistant senior writer.”

“Ah, I see. You look like enjoying your job.”

“Yes, Mrs. Choi. I really love this job.”

Their little conversation interrupted by a waiter who brought their food and they fell in silence while enjoying the food.

“I’m slightly surprised that Siwon introduced his new girlfriend after he broke up a month ago. Usually he will introduce his new girlfriend a few months after his break up.” Mrs. Choi said casually.

Heechul smiled awkwardly, she didn’t know what to say. Siwon spoke, “Because she’s special grandma and I thought you’re right that maybe I didn’t love my previous girlfriends but I love her that’s why I really want to introduce her to you right away.” He smiled at Heechul brightly and she can’t help but to smile back. Half of her heart gave a strange tug after hearing his words but like usual, half of it reminded her that everything he’s doing and saying were only because of their deal and not for anything else. She was convinced that he was a very good liar.

“Ah, I see. I hope you’re tell the truth but Heechul-sshi, have we met before? Because I feel that this is not the first time that we see each other.”

“Uh, I don’t know, Mrs. Choi, maybe you’ve mistaken me for another person.”

Mrs. Choi just ignored what she said and kept staring at her intently. “Ah yes, she’s the person who helped me, Siwon. She’s the person who brought me to the hospital a month ago.” And in an instant, her elegant and slightly strict demeanor changed to a friendlier attitude.

Heechul laughed awkwardly. Right, so I was helping my enemy’s grandma that made get into an accident and now I’m tangled in this stupid agreement. Very good, Heechul. She scolded herself.

She plastered a smile when Mrs. Choi tried to talk to her again and the dinner atmosphere was lighter than before.

Siwon was smiling and nodding but his mind was lost in his sea of thoughts as he remembered the black book that Kangin gave him. So all this time she’s the person who kept this book. I want to know what she’ll say once she found out that I’m the owner of the book.

-TBC-

Sorry I just update now..maybe you will say 'aah..i was knew since the begining that she's Siwon's grandma' after read this chapter and maybe start thinking this story has cliche plot..(i had warned you about this story before though,hehe) but, this is your update, hope you like it..uhmm..and happy belated birthday for my Heenim and Siwon's Princess,.Kim Heechul.. :D

See you and thank's for the comment and beta ^^