Screwed up

Turning point

(beta by -dolce-)

--

 “Wow. . .our Siwonie is  always under spotlight although you’re no longer our school president.” Siwon stopped in his tracks as he caught the familiar cheerful voice. He turned to her with a small smile.

“Our Sungmin always love teasing her best friend although her boyfriend’s standing right beside her.”

Sungmin smiled happily and gestured for her boyfriend to introduce himself, "I'm Hwang Chansung.”

Siwon shook his hand. "Choi Siwon."

“So, where are you going for college? I have plans of going to Harvard."

"I don't know yet but my parents want me to continue my studies in Paris."

"How about Heechul?"

Siwon looked at Sungmin with what-are-you-talking-about expression. Sungmin just ignored him, "You perfectly understand what I’m talking about. Do you know what university she’ll go to?”

Siwon shrugged, "I don't know. How would I know that? I’m just her en-" But before he can finish whatever it was that he was going to say, Sungmin cut him off.

"I know, I know that you’re enemies. But seriously Siwon, I always thought that you like her."

"Maybe you’re wrong this time because I'm sure we are still enemies.”

"But-"

"I’m leaving tomorrow, Sungmin. I don't know when I'll be back again to Korea. Assuming that yes, I like her, I still couldn't confess to her. I don't want to have a long distance relationship. I will die if I can't see her and touch her and I'll end up ruining my education. I want to be an independent person and the only way to do that is to finish my education without stupid things like love." Siwon ended his long speech with taking a sip of his drink.

Sungmin just nodded, fully understanding Siwon. She threw her gaze around lazily and caught sight of Heechul walking alone towards the back garden. "Although you’re just her enemy, you can, at least, say goodbye to her." She pulled Siwon to his feet and pushed him towards the back garden. "Have fun!" She waved at him before dragging her boyfriend to the dance floor.

Siwon was standing awkwardly at the back garden entrance. He was hesitating whether of not to approach Heechul. There were only a few people scattered around because the party was held at the gym. There were a couple of people under a tree and Heechul was sitting near the small pond. She was barefoot and her feet were on the water, creating small ripples every time she moved. He walked up to Heechul and sat beside her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked without tearing her gaze from the lone water lily in the middle of the small pond. Moon shone softly, giving the water a silver glow. But Siwon chose to stare at Heechul. "I could ask you the same question.”

Heechul snorted and muttered, "Jerk.”

As usual, Siwon scolded her, "Language, Kim Heechul."

"You're not the school president anymore.”

"But I have healthy ears and I don’t want to hear those words.” Heechul just rolled her eyes. For a moment, they were absorbed in their own thoughts. Night wind blew and caressed Heechul’s , making her shiver. Siwon took off his jacket and put it on Heechul. “Water lily meant purity of heart.”

Heechul over her shoulder,  “Oh, yeah? How about other flowers? Do they have meanings as well?”

Siwon nodded. “Morning glory over there means affection, carnation means admiration and fascination, red rose means love, passion, respect and courage. Gardenia means ‘you’re lovely,’” He said while staring straight into Heechul’s eyes.

“Are you trying to woo me Mr. School President?” She teased and laughed our loud when his face turned red.

“N-No, I-I was just explaining, I don’t have other intentions.” He was waving his hand nervously, emphasizing his denial.

“Haha! Yeah, I know, I know. I’m just kidding. Jeez, you should have seen your face. Okay, continue.”

“O-Okay, myrtle over there means love and remembrance,” Siwon said after clearing his throat and taking a deep breath to calm his rapidly-beating heart. Suddenly, he remembered about the corsage in his pocket and brought it out. "And this rosebud corsage means pure and lovely.” Siwon held Heechul’s hand and put the flower corsage on her palm.

Heechul eyed the corsage with admiration, “Do you really know the meaning of all flowers?”

Siwon shook his head, “Nope, I just know a few.”

“So, why did you choose this corsage?”

“I don’t know. I just said I want to buy a corsage and my butler bought that corsage for me.”

Heechul chuckled, “You’re so hopeless. Where’s your date?”

“I’m not hopeless and I don’t have a date because I don’t want to have one. Why did you take off your shoes?”

Heechul sighed, her feet were starting to dry after taking it off the water. “Mireu wanted to kill me.” Siwon raised an eyebrow, a sign that he didn’t understand.

“She knows I hate stilettos but she still insists that I wear a pair tonight. It’s really painful! It tortured my feet all night, my ankles are sore that’s why I put them in the water.” Siwon laughed at her and she pouted.

Siwon stopped laughing when he saw her pouting. “You know, enemy, I’ll be leaving Korea tomorrow to continue my studies in Paris and I don’t know when I’ll be back.”

Heechul stop pouting and looked straight into Siwon’s eyes, “Why are you telling me these?” She asked him with an amused smile on her face.

Siwon merely shrugged, “I don’t know. I just want to tell you.” Siwon felt her body emitting warmth when their shoulders touched. He didn’t realize that Heechul had cat-like eyes with a hint of playfulness and mystery.

Heechul thought that behind the dull and cold stare, Siwon really have expressive eyes, his brown orbs perfectly reflecting her own. “I’m planning to go to Seoul after graduation.” Heechul said without breaking their eye contact.

“Why you telling me this?” Siwon’s voice was just above whisper but Heechul still heard it.

Heechul smiled upon hearing Siwon’s answer. He copied her answer so she decided to do the same. “I don’t know. I just want to tell you.”

Blame the moment, blame the moonlight that made everything seem so romantic, the water lily, the wind, blame Heechul and her mesmerizing eyes, her beautiful face, her milky white skin, his teenage hormones, blame him for being insane, blame him for giving in to his carnal instinct. He wanted to blame everything around him.

Because before he could stop himself, Siwon closed the small gap between them and locked his lips with his Heechul’s. Not the passionate one with teeth, tongue and hands roaming around but a chaste and innocent kiss. His lips simply pressed on hers awkwardly.

Heechul was too shocked to react; she's clearly surprised by her enemy’s bold action. Her eyes were wide open while Siwon’s eyes were closed. After several moments of liplock, Siwon broke the kiss.

“I’m sorry,” Siwon apologized, clearly shocked by his own actions. “I don’t know what came over me.”

Tears filled Heechul’s eyes, falling one by one as she hit him repeatedly on the arm “You really stupid! ! You took my first kiss. I’m supposed to give my first kiss to the person I love and I don’t love you! I hate you!” Heechul stood abruptly and ran away from a shocked Siwon. His jacket fell from her shoulder as she ran away from him. Deep inside his heart, he felt the sting from Heechul’s words.

Siwon rubbed his face, he completely screwed up everything. “What’s wrong with me?” He asked himself. He stood up and picked up his jacket. He saw the corsage and lying on the ground and picked it up to stuff it in his pocket.

He noticed Heechul’s shoes and the box that he was carrying earlier. He realized that he totally forgot about the reason why he approached Heechul in the first place.

 

 

-TBC- Siwon really leaving deep memory for Heechul, didn't he?..hehe..I kind of inspired by a scene in Marry stayed out at night..see you next week, thank you for your comment and hope you didn't bored with my update :) ..