5; "I won't hurt you."

EXO's KAI Is A erted, Conceited, Heartbreaking Jerk!

Your POV

It was 5pm and the sun was shining brightly in the marigold sky. I sat on a bench, closed my eyes and inhaled the scent of nature. *This really calms my nerves.* Out of nowhere, I felt an arm slung over my shoulders. My eyes shot open and stared at the man who acted like nothing was wrong. *Bwoya?* 

"YAH! Get your arm OFF, ert." I glared at Kai, who smirked. "I don't want to~" I frowned. 

"You better get your arm away now or el-" He jerked his face forward, now our faces are only centimeters apart. My eyes widened. "Or else what?" he smirked,again. *What the heck?!* I froze for a few seconds before giving him a hard push, "BYUNTAE!" I pouted. 

"Ouh ya~ neomu neomu kyeopta!" He pinched my cheeks. *WHAT IS THIS GUY DOING?!* I pulled his hand away and frowned deeply. "What the heck." 

Suddenly, a small girl appeared infront of us, Holding a pink balloon in one hand, a strawberry ice cream in the other. I smiled widely, "Annyeong Hye Mi!" And i ruffled her hair. 

 

Kai's POV

I was teasing her about her cuteness when suddenly, A little girl stood infront of the bench, looking at both of us weirdly. I looked over to see Su Min smiling widely and ruffling her hair. "Annyeong Hye Mi!" *I never seen her smile like that before.. She's so.. Beautiful.* I smiled to myself. 

"Yah Byuntae, What are you smiling at?" I shook my head and wriggled my eyebrows, "Yah, I didn't know my baby had a soft spot for kids." 

I saw her blush and turn away, *Cute.* 

 

Your POV

"Yah, I didn't know my baby had a soft spot for kids." He wriggled his eyebrows and stared at me. *Is it that obvious?* I got embarrassed and looked away. 

Hye Mi is the cutest thing ever, I known her since last year when she dropped her ice cream and started crying. I bought her a new one and ever since she's been calling me unnie. *Kids are the cutest things ever.* I smiled and looked at Hye Mi, who was staring deeply at Kai, as though she was under a spell or some sort. 

"Unnie," She said, Not even looking in my direction, "Is that your boyfriend?" She pointed at Kai. *Bwo?! Boyfriend?!* I flushed a deep shade of pink, "Yah Hye Mi, Don't sprout nonsense." 

"Your name is Hye Mi? Oh, Annyeong! Aniyo, Your unnie is not my girlfriend, Yet." He emphasized the word 'yet'. *Bwo?!* 

"Aniyo! Hye Mi! Don't listen to this byuntae ajusshi. I am not and will never be his girlfriend, Waeyo?" Hye Mi smiled and continued looking at Kai, who was staring back at her. 

"Unnie! I want him to be my Namjachinggu! (Boyfriend)" My eyes widened, "Bwo?! Of all people you want this Byuntae to be your boyfriend?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

"Deh, He is so handsome unnie!" And she giggled cutely while Kai smiled. "Yah baby heard that? Even kids want me now. Yah~ Jinjja. You done good, Kai." And he patted himself on the back. I slightly smiled at his actions, *That's cute.* 

"Hye Mi ah!" I looked up at the voice who called her, "Ouh, Hye Mi, your umma is calling you! Annyeong Hyemi~" I told her, She nodded and waved to me and Kai, saying, "Bye Unnie! Bye Oppa!" And she ran over to her umma. I giggled at her cuteness and looked at Kai who was staring deeply at me. *Is there something on my face?* I frowned, "What are you looking at?"

"You look really pretty when you smile. You should smile more, Su Min." Again, A gush of pink invaded my cheeks. *What the hell is wrong with you Su Min?* I mentally slapped myself for blushing so easily. "Whatever!"

He smiled, but it soon faded away. "Oh, Su Min, I wanted to ask you, How are you related to Taemin hyung?" I froze at the unexpected name. *T-taemin?* 

"Oh.. Its nothing much." memories started gushing back into my mind, memories i wanted to erase. 

"Yah, Su Min, Dont lie to me, Mind sharing? It feels better when you tell your story." I looked over to Kai, Who had a sincere expression on his face. I sighed, *Maybe it is time i opened up. Besides, Kai wouldn't tell others about it right?* 

"Fine.. It all started 4 years ago, when I had a major crush on Taemin, who was a Kingka in our school. It was Valentines day and I decided to confess to him, And to my surprise, He accepted my confession." 

 

-Valentines day flashback-

I shyly walked over to Taemin, who was standing alone at his locker.

"T-taemin.." I whispered, not meeting his eyes, holding the box of handmade chocolates.

"Oh! Su Min ah, Yes?" He flashed me a smile. I looked up. *This is it, gather all your courage and just say it!* 

"Oppaireallyreallylikeyoueversinceifirstsawyouwillyougooutwithme?" (Oppa, I really really like you ever since i first saw you, Will you go out with me?) I closed my eyes, waiting for the rejection to hit me.

Everything was silent, Until I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. "I've been waiting for your confession, Su Min. I like you too." My heart stopped beating at that moment. Everything was so perfect, I never wanted him to let me go.

-Flashback end-

 

I had a wide smile on my face, "It was the best day of my life, After that, We were the school's most known couple. Everyone was jealous of our relationship. It was perfect, We were perfect. Until a year later, when SHINee was debuting." I abruptly stopped, Tears were threatening to escape, I turned away from Kai, who was listening intently. 

"Hey if you don't want to continue it's fine," He placed a hand on my shoulder. I shook my head, "Aniyo, I can't leave you hanging. I'm fine." 

"SHINee was debuting and I was afraid. Afraid of losing him, Afraid of him neglecting me. He promised, He wouldn't leave me, He said, he would never leave me. But he lied.."

 

-Flashback 3 years ago-

Because of him preparing for his debut and practicing, We haven't seen each other for 3 months. On a Sunday, I suddenly recieved a phonecall. It was from him. I was happy yet afraid at the same time. *What if he doesn't want me anymore?* I shook my head and erased the thought, *Aniyo, he promised.*

"Yoboseyo oppa?"

"Princess? I need to see you at the park now, Meet me there in 5 minutes okay?" My heart was jumping and I was all tingly inside after hearing his voice, I giggled and said, 

"Arasso." Little did i know, It would be the worse decision i made in my life.

Grabbing my black winter coat, I skipped over to the park, which was extremely near my home. When I was closer, I noticed that Taemin was already there, waiting for me. I Smiled widely.

"OPPA!" I screamed like a little girl. He turned and gave me a faint smile before hugging me. *I missed his hugs so much.* I hugged him back, never wanting to let go. 

"Su Min ah..." He pulled back and locked eyes with me. "Deh?" I replied, Smiling. 

"You know that Oppa loves you right?" I froze, *Why is he asking this all of a sudden?* "D-deh..." I replied, not knowing what to do or what to say.

"I'm sorry.. But.. I don't think we should continue. Mianhae." *Wh-what?* "It's not your fault Princess, It's mine.." Tears were falling, bit by bit. "An-Aniyo Oppa, this is not funny, can you stop joking?" I was shaking, Not because of the cold, but because I was breaking, bit by bit.

He stood up, "I'm not joking, Park Su Min. We should stop. Mianhae." he turned away, preparing to leave. "Oppa... OPPA," I shouted, Desperate. I held on to his wrists, "Y-you promised oppa... Y-you promised m-me.." My heart was breaking, My world was falling apart, The person i needed the most is leaving me. 

He harshly removed my hand from his wrist, without turning behind or looking at me, "Take care Su Min." And with that, he left. I was left alone, sitting on the park bench. 

My tears were falling helplessly, the sky started crying with me too. Raindrops were mixing with my tears as one, rolling down my face. I traced the bench, not wanting to believe what just happened. "Aniyo, it's just a dream. ITS JUST A DREAM!" I shouted. The thunder roared, startling me. I didn't bother moving, I didn't bother running. I could only stare at the world infront of me, the world without him.

-Flashback end-

 

Without me knowing, Tears were already falling, staining my face. I laughed, "Pretty stupid huh? And ever since, I've been afraid of thunder, And i've hated men ever since." I looked at Kai, who had an unreadable expression. 

 

Kai's POV

*How could Taemin hyung do something like that.. Now i understand why she hated me so much.* I looked at her, She looked so vulnerable and fragile. The next thing i did, I didn't know why. It was based on instinct. 

I leaned forward and hugged her, her hair and inhaling her scent. "Everything will be alright."

 

Your POV

He hugged me. I was shocked, but i didn't pull away. *This feels so... I feel protected.. It wouldn't hurt to stay like this for now right?* I let myself sink into him arms, temporarily forgetting about Taemin.

"Everything will be alright." He cooed. Resting my head on his shoulder, I nodded, Whispering, "I hope so Kai, I hope so." After staying like that for a few minutes, He finally pulled away. 

I looked into his brown orbs while he looked into mine. "Su Min." I nodded. "Do you trust me?" *What?!* I was taken aback by his sudden question. But I did what i felt was right, I nodded. He smiled, A genuine smile.

"Trust me, I won't hurt you." 

 

____________________________________________________________

HEY! :D Double update! Wriggle eyebrows~ Sorry for the short chappie, I'll write longer for the next one ^^ Promise! :D Subscribe and comment! >< Thanks~