Chapter 8

That Good Looking Jerk

 

Baekhyun was already at school with Kyungsoo and Joonmyun, he could see Chanyeol was with Kai and Sehun. Chanyeol waved at Baekhyun as he reply by waving back to Chanyeol. Sehun pretended to cough in front of Chanyeol.

“It seems like you’re sick, aren’t you, Sehun-ah?” Kai said, well, he obviously teased Chanyeol. Chanyeol then pinched Kai on the side of his stomach.

“Ouch... It’s him who’s coughing. Why are you mad at me?” Kai said. Sehun laughed at the sight of this.

“Well, he’s the little magnae of us. I can’t do that to him” Chanyeol said as he laughed.

“True!” Sehun said.

“AISH.... YOU CHANYEOL!!!” Kai said as he smacked Chanyeol’s head.

“WHAT? DID YOU JUST?!!!” Chanyeol said as he about to punch Kai.

“I don’t care, you jerk.” Kai said, he ‘meh-rong’ at Chanyeol as he grabbed Sehun’s hand.

“He definitely will tell Baekhyun if you like him!” Sehun said as he laughed. They both ran leaving Chanyeol.

“WHAT?! YOU GUYS! WAIT FOR ME!” Chanyeol said as he chased Kai and Sehun.

--

Baekhyun already wore his white shirt, jeans and a pair of sneakers. It’s Joonmyun’s birthday party. Baekhyun heard someone knocked on his door. He ran and opened the door, he saw Kyungsoo in a black shirt with jeans and also sneakers.

“Ready, Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo said.

“Yeah.” Baekhyun said as they walked side by side. Once they got out from the apartment, both of them got surprised when they saw a limo.

“Hey, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo! How about we go to Joonmyun’s party together?” Kai asked.

“K-Kai, what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked again.

“Well, it’s my limo, actually. I think it would be nice if you guys go with us. Plus, the subway station is a little bit too far.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun could see there’s also Sehun.

“C-Channie? It’s yours?” Baekhyun asked.

“CHANNIE?!!!” Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun said.

“Yeah, Channie.” Chanyeol said as he scratched the back of his head.

“Let’s just get going! You guys don’t want to be late, right?” Sehun said.

“It’s okay, we’ll just take the subway.” Baekhyun said as he held onto Kyungsoo’s hand.

“No, you’re going with us.” Chanyeol said as he held Baekhyun’s hand, while Sehun and Kai both held Kyungsoo’s hands. They actually forced Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to get into the limo, that both of them ended up go to the party with them.

--

They already arrived at Joonmyun’s birthday party. Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun wore black suits. When they went in, everyone looked at them. Baekhyun looked at Joonmyun who was standing there with white suits.

“Happy birthday, Joonmyun!!!” Baekhyun said as he hugged him.

“Thanks, Baekhyun.” Joonmyun said as he smiled.

“Here’s the present for you.” Baekhyun said.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOONMYUN!!!” Kyungsoo said and hugged Joonmyun.

“Yah! You don’t have to scream like that.” Joonmyun said, Kyungsoo only laughed.

“Happy birthday, Joonmyun. Here’s your present.” Chanyeol said.

“Thanks for coming, Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun.” Joonmyun said.

“It’s not a big deal.” Chanyeol said.

“Can I get the ice cream? Oh God, that looks good.” Sehun said.

“Yah! You shouldn’t be like this, Sehun.” Kai said.

“Wae? I only want ice cream.” Sehun said as he pouted.

“Chillax, Kai. Yeah, you can take it, Sehun.” Joonmyun said.

“Thank you!!!! And happy birthday!” Sehun said as he quickly went to the ice cream counter.

“I don’t know that he’s funny.” Joonmyun said as he laughed.

“If you know him better, you’ll see much more unexpected things. He’s stupid.” Kai said.

“And you’re being the same, Kai.” Chanyeol said.

“No! I’m not!” Kai said, making everyone laughed.

“Kyungsoo! Baekhyun! Don’t you guys want to sing?” Joonmyun said as he pointed at the little stage. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo just stared.

“What? N-no, I’m not.” Baekhyun said.

“Come on, it’s my birthday!” Joonmyun said.

“Baekhyun! Kyungsoo! Baekhyun! Kyungsoo! Baekhyun!” Chanyeol said. Eveyone then started to follow Chanyeol. Kyungsoo then just grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and they just stand in the little stage.

“Tonight, we’ll sing a song. The title is ‘What is Love’ and this is for our friend, Joonmyun” Kyungsoo said.

“Happy birthday, Joonmyun!” Baekhyun said as he laughed. The music was playing slowly as Kyungsoo started to sing in a powerful voice then Baekhyun started to sing. Eyes glued on them, they really have beautiful voices. Chanyeol knew this song. Kai and Sehun stand next to each other as Kai put his arm on Sehun’s shoulder. When they sang the chorus part, everyone started to sing as well.

“I lost my mind, the moment I saw you.
Because of you, everything get in slow motion.
Tell me, if this is love.
Sharing and learning countless emotions, everyday, with you.
Fighting, crying and hugging.
Tell me, if this is love.”

Baekhyun looked directly into Chanyeol’s eyes, making Chanyeol smile. Chanyeol saw the delicacy of Baekhyun’s singing, even though, Kyungsoo is also great, but Chanyeol loved Baekhyun’s voice more. When they done singing, both of them just bowed.

“WOOHOOO!!!!” Kai said.

“You guys done a great job!” Sehun said.

“I love it, guys. Thank you so much.” Joonmyun said as he hugged them both.

“Awww..... So sweet. Can I hug you guys?” Sehun said.

“Of course.” Baekhyun said as Sehun join the hug.

“He’s always like this.” Kai said with a straight face and Chanyeol only chuckled.

--

Baekhyun was talking to Ricky and Niel as he already have the cake on his hands. Kai and Sehun were being crazy by dancing into the song.

“Baekhyun, can we go talk for a sec?” Joonmyun asked, Baekhyun put the cake on the table. Baekhyun then only nodded and followed Joonmyun, Joonmyun held Baekhyun’s hand, dragging him to the backyard. They both still standing while both of them looked to the flowers, the lights in the garden made them look prettier.

“This garden looks so good, you take care of it?” Baekhyun asked.

“Me and my mom. It’s pretty, right?” Joonmyun said.

“Yeah, it’s so pretty. I would like to be here, everyday.” Baekhyun said. Joonmyun smiled to the figure next to him.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” Baekhyun asked.

“Hmmmm... Should I really say it?” Joonmyun said. Baekhyun looked at him and slightly hit Joonmyun’s arm.

“You said you wanted to talk!” Baekhyun said.

“Well, I don’t want things to be awkward.” Joonmyun said as he nervously smiled.

“Just spit it out.” Baekhyun said. Joonmyun then looked into Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Baekhyun, Baekki, Bacon or whatever you are. I-I like you.” Joonmyun said.

“Awww..... You’re being cute! I like you too! You’re my bestfriend.” Baekhyun said.

“N-No, not like that. I mean, I like you more than friends.” Joonmyun finally confessed. Baekhyun was surprised, he never expected things like that would come out from Joonmyun’s mouth.

“You mean? You... Joonmyun-ah, I...” Baekhyun was about to talk, but Joonmyun’s finger was already on Baekhyun’s lips.

“That’s okay, I know you don’t have the same feeling.” Joonmyun said with a bitter smile on his face.

“I-I’m sorry, Joonmyun. I already think of you as my brother and my bestfriend.” Baekhyun said as he hugged him. Well, Baekhyun couldn’t do anything to make things better.

“That’s okay, Baekhyun. I feel really happy now that I’ve already confessed.” Joonmyun said.

“You’re my guardian, you know, Joonmyun?” Baekhyun said and laughed. Joonmyun only nodded.

“Saranghae, Baekhyun-ah.” Joonmyun said.

“Nado saranghae, Joonmyun.” Baekhyun said. Both of them laughed. But.... Chanyeol was standing there with his plate already fell to the ground, he was shocked. Joonmyun and Baekhyun were also shocked.

“I-I’m sorry, I’ll just go back.” Chanyeol said as he ran back to the house.

“W-wait, Chanyeol! Wait!” Baekhyun said as he let go from Joonmyun’s hug. Joonmyun only smiled, because he just knew someone who wins over Baekhyun’s heart. It was Chanyeol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My connection is finally fixed. So, I decided to put out an update! I hope I don't make you guys wait too long wink