Chapter 4

That Good Looking Jerk

 

Baekhyun went to the cafetaria in instant, he quickly sat next to Kyungsoo as he put his bag in the chair with a pouty face.

“Yah, Baekhyun, what’s wrong?” Joonmyun asked.

“Aish.... That Chanyeol, who do he think he is?” Baekhyun said.

“Okay, seriously, what happened? Your face expression right now makes me panic.” Kyungsoo said.

“He threatened me.” Baekhyun said. The others were shocked by Baekhyun’s statement.

“W-what did he told you? Oh God, you guys should stop fighting!” Joonmyun said.

“He only said that it was a warning. And he’s the one who started it, I want him to apologize to me, not the otherwise.” Baekhyun said.

Kyungsoo and Joonmyun just silenced, they really want to warn Baekhyun that this isn’t just a game, but Baekhyun, he’s too stubborn to listen.

--

Baekhyun already in front of the cafe, he opened the door of the cafe as he saw his friend, Tao. Tao was at the cashier and he told Baekhyun to hurry up. Baekhyun almost got late, but thankfully, he’s not. Baekhyun quickly changed into his work uniform and take notes, he’s a waitress anyway.

“Go to the desk number 5, okay?” Tao said. Baekhyun only nodded. Tao is a really nice person and he worked really hard, he helped Baekhyun a lot too. Baekhyun went to the desk with a smile on his face.

“What’s your order, sir?” Baekhyun asked. The guy was reading a comic, so the comic covered the guy’s face, he could tell the guy was a rich guy, though.

“I’d like to order ice cappucino with an apple pie, please.” The guy put his comic down. Baekhyun was shocked. He’s Chanyeol. ‘Oh that jerk, why you always appearing in my life?’ Baekhyun thought.

“You worked here, Baekhyun?!” Chanyeol said as he laughed.

“Yes, is it a problem for you?” Baekhyun asked.

“Oh no, a waitress shouldn’t be like that with a customer, right?” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun sighed, whoever this guy is he had to work professionally.

“Okay, one ice cappucino and one apple pie.” Baekhyun said as he tried to smile.

“Good boy.” Chanyeol said as he laughed again, but Baekhyun decided to leave.

Tao knew what happened, he eventually asked Baekhyun who that guy is.

“It’s not a big deal.” Baekhyun said. Tao couldn’t help but still worried about Baekhyun.

--

Baekhyun felt tired because he had a lot of homeworks, he just done it with Kyungsoo and Joonmyun at Joonmyun's house. Baekhyun quickly left after they done because he should be working within 15 minutes. He actually panicked that he couldn’t be there on time, he took his iPod and press play at a particular song called De Javu by Inna then he put that on his pocket. He didn’t actually know when he started to like this kind of song, but he still love SNSD more and he knew he couldn’t stop. This song just energized him and he counted ‘1....2....3....’then he just ran.

      ~***~

Baekhyun managed to arrived 5 minutes earlier, he already take orders from 6 desks, he was fast and friendly, so he was perfect to do this. He wiped his sweats with his little towel from his pocket.

"Loosen up, Baekhyun-ah." Tao said as he gave him a 'fighting'. Baekhyun smiled as he replied the 'fighting'.

Baekhyun went to the desk that, bringing some apple pie, choco mousse and lemon tea in a tray was never been a trouble for him. He went to the desk number 5 first, with of course, a perfect smile on his face  then the number 3, when he was about to go to table number 4, he tripped. His feet accidentally got caught by on of the desk, he realized that the lemon tea was splashing, everywhere, he then just get up. He was about to apologize, but....

"Don't you have eyes?! You stupid, waitress." That guy was Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun who's beside them just stared blankly for a while. Even though, Baekhyun knew that they both laughed. The lemon tea  got splashed that it got into Chanyeol's hair. Chanyeol then stand up..

"I tripped. I'm sorry." Baekhyun said but he truly just stared with a mocking expression.

"What are you staring at? You should've apologized."Chanyeol said with an angry expression.

"I did and I'm  sorry." Baekhyun said, he tried to be serious and not to laugh and he hoped that it work.

"You should also clean this mess up." Chanyeol said.

"I will but you just get in the way." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol looked into Baekhyun's eyes, feeling that his pride was ruined -for the third time- by Baekhyun.

"THEN GET INTO ANOTHER WAY!!!!" Chanyeol said.

"Oh God, I already told you that I'm sorry." Baekhyun said, he then tapped Chanyeol's shoulder and he just left. 'Lemon tea does taste sour, doesn't it, Chanyeol?' Baekhyun thought.

~***~

It was already night, probably 8 p.m but Baekhyun hadn't leave, he was still busy cleaned up the cafe's kitchen.

"Baekhyun, the manager needs you!"Tao said. Baekhyun gave an 'ok' to Tao. Baekhyun quickly reached the manager's office.

"Did you call me, sir?" Baekhyun asked politely.

"Yes, please, sit down." The manager said.

"What's the matter, sir?" Baekhyun asked again.

"I believe, you have done a tremendous job in a couple of months. But today, I recieved a big complain." The manager said.

"What kind of complain, sir? I promise, I'll be better, sir." Baekhyun said.

"I am sorry, but I believe there's no other time. Here's your last payment." The manager said.

"But, who's the one who complained?" Baekhyun said.

"I'm the one who complained." Chanyeol said as he went into the office. Chanyeol smirked to Baekhyun’s direction. Baekhyun couldn’t help to gritted his teeth and he fisted his hand.

"W-wait. He's the one who complained? But sir, this is purely a misunderstanding." Baekhyun said. More like begging, actually. The payment in this cafe was quite good and he already made friends that he really didn’t want to lose his job.

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. You couldn't treat the son of the owner like that. You may leave now." The manager said. Baekhyun couldn't do anything but to obey, he grabbed his last payment as he just slammed the door.

~***~

Chanyeol just walked out from the cafe, he was going to go home, he liked to walk at night, but someone just grabbed him by then hand and pushed him to the wall. He felt an instant pain when his back slammed into the wall. Chanyeol let out an ‘ouch...’.

"YOU JERK! YOU THOUGHT THIS IS A FUN GAME TO MAKE ME GOT FIRED?!" It was Baekhyun, he definitely could tell that. Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol's face, two times, TWO TIMES. Making Chanyeol got mad. Baekhyun kept hitting Chanyeol's chest, but Chanyeol's hands grabbed Baekhyun's hand.

"I HATE YOU JERK, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO APPEAR IN MY LIFE?!!!" Baekhyun said, tears started to form in his eyes, he really just started to sob.

"Yah, did you just cry? Baekhyun?" Chanyeol said. Chanyeol could see Baekhyun’s eyes with tears are already on Baekhyun’s cheeks. Baekhyun let go from Chanyeol and left that it somehow made Chanyeol felt guilty and hurted. He never know that Baekhyun would be like that and he couldn’t just simply apologize to him.

~ ~ ~