Chapter 18

That Good Looking Jerk

It’s been a few weeks since Baekhyun and Chanyeol started dating. They seemed to be fine (or overly cute from Sehun’s point of view). Even though, they’re dating, they didn’t seem to have some space from the others. They were sitting at their usual spot and eat together.

“Sehun-ah, are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked. Sehun seemed to spaced out, he’s been different since a few days. Usually, he would tease everyone and laugh.

“I-I’m fine.” Sehun said. The others were confused at how Sehun being like this.

“Are you sure? Do you want chocolate cakes?” Kai asked worriedly.

“No, I’m okay.” Sehun said and smiled, reassuring everyone that he’s okay.

“Really? You don’t have a fever, right?” Kai asked again, the back of his hand touched Sehun’s forehead.

“Yeah, I’m fine, Kkamjong! No need to worry.” Sehun said as he pushed Kai’s hand. Kai only looked at Sehun, smiling.

“So, what about we play basketball today?” Chanyeol excitedly asked.

“Hmmm.... After school? I’d love that.” Joonmyun said.

“Sehun, you can go, right?” Kai said.

“Yeah, sure. As long we’re going to have Kyungsoo and Baekhyun as well.” Sehun said, smiling awkwardly to his friends.

“Of course!!! I’ll never miss it!” Kyungsoo said as he laughed.

“Just promise me you guys won’t make me drain. Remember, I’ve got a work to do.” Baekhyun said.

“Hyunnie, you know I won’t do that to you, right?” Chanyeol said as he just hugged Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s cheeks began to reddened.

“You guys, stop doing that.” Kyungsoo said, Joonmyun was laughing at them.

“Awww, Baekhyun’s face is red now.” Kai said making the others laughing at Baekhyun. Baekhyun then stepped on Kai’s feet.

“Ouch... Hyunnie, if you do that, you’ll get wrinkles.” Kai said teasingly.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY? Baekhyun will never get old, he’ll be forever cute.” Chanyeol said. Kai only let out a ‘whatever’ and somehow only looked at Sehun, who was playing at his food and spaced out.

--

Kai and Sehun stepped into Kai’s room. Feeling the breeze of the aircons. Soon, Kai fell flat on the couch, resting his feet on the table. Sehun chuckled and he just closed the door behind him. It was what Kai did everyday before he showered.

“You stink, just go to bath.” Sehun, who sat beside Kai said.

“Yah! It’s my room and you say that to me?” Kai said.

“Well, if I don’t do that, you won’t take a shower!” Sehun said.

“Still. It’s in my own room.” Kai said again.

“JUST GO TO BATHHHH!!!” Sehun said as he pushed Kai from the couch, making Kai almost tripped.

“Fine!” Kai said as he quickly opened his jacket and threw it on Sehun’s face.

“YOU! STINKY KAI!!!!” Sehun screamed and Kai quickly ran into the bathroom.

~***~

“Na honja gireul geodgo
Na honja tv reul bogo
Na honja chwihae bogo
Ireohke maeil ulgo bulgo”

Sehun was watching the tv, randomly switching the channels and stopped when he saw Sistar sang Alone. Sehun sang along and do the dance as well. Kai then opened the door of his bathroom, with his bathrobe and a small towel as he trying to dry his hair. Seeing this sight of Sehun, he laughed. Sehun somehow startled once he knew Kai was already there, seeing him doing the whole thing.

“Just hours ago, you were so silenced. Now, look at you, dancing along with Sistar.” Kai said as he still laughing.

“Yah! Their song is awesome and their dance is hot as well.” Sehun said, defending himself, even though, he felt his pride was going down.

“You still can’t beat their iness.” Kai said. Kai quickly took his clothes and tossed the bathrobe in front of Sehun. The lucky part was Kai already wore his boxers, but his slightly formed abs were shown, it somehow made Sehun’s eyes becoming like Kyungsoo. Sehun looked away from Kai and looked to the tv in front of him. Once, Kai was already with his clothes, he sat beside Sehun.

“Can I borrow your clothes?” Sehun asked.

“Why? You want to stay?” Kai asked back.

“Yup. My noona isn’t home today, she’s having a vacation with her friends.” Sehun said.

“O-oh, okay. Sure.” Kai said. Without hesitation, Sehun picked out the shirt and boxers for him and quickly went to the bathrooom. Kai only looked at him as he went, feeling that Sehun is being weird.

~***~

Sehun quickly went out from the bathroom with his clothes already on. Kai was now on his king sized bed with the black and white sheets, playing with his phone and watching the tv. Sehun then sat beside him, looking onto the tv.

“Who’s the one you text?” Sehun curiously asked with his eyes already on the screen of Kai’s phone.

“No one, I’m only looking on my me2day.” Kai simply said but his hands keeping the phone away from Sehun.

“Ah~ must be a girl.” Sehun said as he laughed.

“It’s only my me2day, I swear.” Kai said again.

“You lied, Kai. I know you lied.” Sehun said. Kai was somehow angry by that statement, he really was telling the truth.

“Yah, just go away.” Kai said as he pushed Sehun by the left arm. Sehun let go as he hissed in pain over his left arm.

“Sehun, you okay?” Kai asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s nothing.” Sehun said as he smiled. Kai quickly noticed that Sehun lied, he grabbed Sehun slowly. Kai lifted Sehun’s shirt on his left arm and he saw a bruise.

“Sehun, what happened?” Kai asked, he panicked. He never saw a bruise as big as Sehun’s right now.

“It’s nothing.” Sehun said as he pulled the sleeve down.

“It’s not nothing. What happened?” Kai asked as he looked deeply into Sehun’s eyes. The tears on Sehun’s eyes were formed and he just broke, he cried in front of Kai. Kai shifted a little closer and hugged Sehun.

“M-my father. He was about to punch my mother, I have to save her, Kai. That’s why the bruise was there.” Sehun said in between his cries. Kai tried to calm Sehun down by ruffling his hair.

“Why don’t you tell me? Is this the reason why you want to stay here?” Kai asked.

“I-I can’t. I thought I could hold it in, but I couldn’t.” Sehun said again. Soon, he calmed down and he wiped his tears with his own thumbs.

“Sehun, you know you can always tell me everything, right? So, be it. Tell me everything.” Kai said. Sehun only nodded and once again being hugged by Kai.

“Now, go to sleep.” Kai said. Sehun quickly pulled the blanket until it reached his neck, he looked at Kai as he bawled, feeling the aircons was too cold.

“You feel cold?” Kai asked. Sehun nodded. Kai only chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Sehun’s body. Sehun only cuddled to Kai, being like a baby. Soon, Sehun’s eyes were shut. Kai was only looking at Sehun. He saw something different, Sehun seemed so peaceful and beautiful. And after all these years of being friends, he just noticed Sehun in this kind of way.