Chapter 5

That Good Looking Jerk

 

Chap 5.

Baekhyun woke up after only 3 hours of sleep, he hated this kind of feelings, he missed his home that bad. He had some kind of homesick since probably 3 days ago, he thought that it would be nice if he visited his parents, but he couldn’t, this week is the most busy week and he couldn’t just go to his parents with the train. He had this insomnia thing for a week or probably 2? He didn’t even know. He believed it’s because he got fired from the job and he literally Thanked God that he has Joonmyun. Apparently, his mom and her bestfriend just opened a new bakery called ‘Wanderlust’. He literally opened his eyes lazily as he grabbed the towel and instantly bathing.

--

Chanyeol was in the library, trying to find a spot for him being alone. Even though, he have Kai and Sehun, he somehow just want to be alone right now. He thought he need more friends and actually, he was in a progress to make friends. He already became friends with Minho, Taemin and Wufan, the good thing with being friends with them, he realized that he can be friends with eveyone. He started to be kind to everyone who might think that he’s a cold hearted guy. He brought his comic along with him as he humming the song that he listened to with only one earphone on his left ears dangling, it was Dancing by Elisa.

“So I put my arms around you

And I hope that I will do no wrong

My eyes are on you, they’re on you

And I hope that you won’t hurt me”

 

That lyrics instantly pained him inside, he didn’t even know what happen but this song remembered him about Baekhyun. He remembered the last time he hurted Baekhyun’s feelings when he cried, when Baekhyun’s eyes told him to stop. He remembered when Baekhyun said why Chanyeol had to appear in his life. It pained him, that he just wanted to punch himself and he didn’t really know why.

Chanyeol somehow forgot what he was looking for. ‘Oh, I remembered. A spot to read the comic!’ Chanyeol thought as he walked back again. The library was never so full since the guys love to spend their times playing soccer or basketball while the girls love gossips more. Chanyeol finally found a spot in between two bookshelves, he sat as he started to read his comic. At first, he enjoyed it. But he heard someone’s sniffled and sobbed. He was confused, ‘Why would some cry in this place?’ Chanyeol thought. It was getting on his nerves when he still heard some sobbing. He then get up and tried to find the sobbing voice, he walked until he passed 3 bookshelves as he saw someone. That person was hugging his knees. Chanyeol actually didn’t know to react when he saw someone cry. Chanyeol sat in front of that person, he breathed out for a while and gathered his energy.

“Excuse me, are you crying?” Chanyeol asked

--

Baekhyun didn’t even realize that someone was already here with him, he wiped his tears using his yellow towel. He looked up to that person. He was shocked when he knew it was Chanyeol. And Chanyeol couldn’t help but to shocked either. Baekhyun was about to get up, he didn’t want Chanyeol, his enemy saw him like this. But, Chanyeol fastly grabbed Baekhyun’s left hand.

“Baekhyun, just stay.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun didn’t have the energy to get up, he then just sat again and continue with his crying. Chanyeol then sat next to Baekhyun with Baekhyun’s face were covered by the yellow towel.

“What made you cry?” Chanyeol asked. It was awkward. Chanyeol didn’t know that Baekhyun would be like this and he was scared, what if it’s because Baekhyun got fired because of him? He silenced.

“W-why do you care? Just go away.” Baekhyun managed to say between his cries. Chanyeol only looked at Baekhyun and Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol hadn’t leave.

“Just...leave. Please.” Baekhyun asked once again but Chanyeol hadn’t leave. On the contrary, Chanyeol just wrapped his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun shocked, but he just leaned his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder and still crying.

“Just let it go, Baekhyun-shii.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun also shocked when he heard that Chanyeol called him with a shii as Chanyeol rubbed Baekhyun’s back with some kind of magic that the warmness of Chanyeol made Baekhyun calms. The way that Chanyeol would do ‘shhh....’ just because Baekhyun had been crying too loud.

Baekhyun wiped his tears with his yellow towel for the second time. Baekhyun looked into Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol smiled but Baekhyun knew that it wasn’t a mocking expression.

“Done with your crying?” Chanyeol asked, Baekhyun only nodded. Baekhyun was about to let go, but Chanyeol put his palm on Baekhyun’s head, making Baekhyun’s head lean again to Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“You have hold the stress too much, don’t you?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah, I think so.” Baekhyun finally answered after a few seconds of silence.

“Is it because that I made you got fired? I’m really sorry. I didn’t know that it would be that bad.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun then sat and straightly looking at Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun-shii. I didn’t mean to do that. I was... I don’t know, I was being a jerk. I wasn’t usually like that. This whole past 3 months, I’ve been a jerk to you.” Chanyeol said. Chanyeol didn’t look directly into Baekhyun’s eyes, he looked down, he felt so guilty, he was about to cry as tears started to form on Chanyeol’s eyes. Baekhyun’s palms cupped Chanyeol’s face, he made Chanyeol see directly into his eyes. He saw that what Chanyeol told him was real, he saw that Chanyeol actually feel sorry.

“Will you... By any chance, forgive my mistakes, Baekhyun-shii?” Chanyeol asked with his tears was already on his cheeks. Baekhyun quickly wiped Chanyeol’s tears with his thumbs and hugged Chanyeol.

“I’ll forgive you, Chanyeol-shii. For such being an and a jerk that somehow I couldn’t understand.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol just laughed as he released the hug. They both smiled at each other.

“I didn’t know what to say, I was really angry to you. But, you just made me calm today.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol only look at Baekhyun.

“Why were you crying?” Chanyeol asked.

“I miss my parents and my noona. I haven’t visit them. My parents live at Jeju, while my noona works at Busan and I live here. So, we didn’t really have time to meet each other.” Baekhyun said.

“I have the same feeling, my parents always leave the country for business and I hate that the fact they just leave me. Even when we have time, they won’t really care about me.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun was again, shocked.

“I never think I’m good enough as their son, they always wanted me to be like them. My noona already did that and I know, she’s not happy.” Chanyeol said.

“I didn’t know that you’re in that kind of situation.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol only smiled. No one knows actually, except Kai, Sehun and Baekhyun.

“How about you wash your face? Don’t make it too obvious that you’ve just cried.” Chanyeol said, Baekhyun only nodded. Both of them get up and walked to the restroom. Baekhyun quickly washed his face while Chanyeol was waiting outside.

Baekhyun came out with a really good mood and Chanyeol smiled, again. Baekhyun then slipped his hand under Chanyeol’s elbow and wrapped them. Chanyeol was confused but only laughed by what Baekhyun did. He let it be, because the feeling when Baekhyun near him was indescribable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally updated!!!! Well, my internet connection isn’t fix yet, so I ask my lovely friend to upload it. I want to thank you guys, so much for the love of this story! I literally sobs when I saw the number of subscribers and the views, and the comments ;_; I promise to update as soon as possible. Thanks you so much for the supports, love you guys<3