Chapter 13

That Good Looking Jerk

 

Joonmyun sat in the bench of the rooftop, letting his tears flowing from his eyes. He was so god damn worried about Baekhyun last night and he stayed at Chanyeol’s? Joonmyun couldn’t keep his tears, being rejected was hurting him badly, especially when it was on your birthday. But this hurt way too much.

“Why it had to be like this? WHYY?!” Joonmyun said in between his cries. He then looked into his left side, Kyungsoo was standing there with a handkerchief and a bottle of water on his hands.

“Here, use this.” Kyungsoo said again. He finally sat next to Joonmyun, looking into the sky as he breathed out.

“How did you know I’m here?” Joonmyun asked.

“Observing. You once said that you love being in the rooftop, watching the sky and breathing the fresh air. You can scream whatever you want since no one comes here.” Kyungsoo said, he then sipped into his bottle of water.

“Kyungsoo-ah, have you ever feel like this?” Joonmyun asked.

“What? Rejected? Yes, I have.” Kyungsoo said.

“Really? Did it hurt you so much?” Joonmyun asked again.

“It was painful. I’ve confessed to her for two times and she always rejected me. She said that being friends is more comfortable. I ended up moving on, since it’s the only thing I can do.” Kyungsoo said.

“Two times? That girl is stupid to not accepting you.” Joonmyun said as he smiled.

“Yah, now, don’t talk about me. You should continue on your crying.” Kyungsoo said as he smiled. Joonmyun smiled painfully and ended up crying again, he purposely leaned his head onto Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kyungsoo only smiled, showing his empathy to his friend. Joonmyun didn’t hold back, he kept crying even though his eyes were already swollen. He just let that be.

Joonmyun end his crying and wiped his tears using the handkerchief that Kyungsoo just gave. Joonmyun then looked into Kyungsoo.

“Now, drink this.” Kyungsoo said as he gave Joonmyun a bottle of mineral water. Joonmyun grabbed the bottle and slowly gulping the water. He then gave it to Kyungsoo.

“Feel better?” Kyungsoo asked to Joonmyun.

“Yeah, much better.” Joonmyun said as he smiled, this time it wasn’t a painful smile, it rather to be a sincere smile.

“Feeling tired?” Kyungsoo asked again. Kyungsoo was always like this to everyone, that’s why he has a lot of friends, he observed and he just clicked with them.

“Yeah, can I lean my head on your shoulder again?” Joonmyun said. Kyungsoo only nodded, he let Joonmyun place his head on his shoulder, he let Joonmyun feeling the comfort of a friend helping him. Kyungsoo was still staring at the sky while the flowers in front of him were still blooming.

“Isn’t the sky looks so pretty?” Kyungsoo asked to Joonmyun. But, he didn’t get any answer. He then looked onto Joonmyun whose eyes were already shut. Joonmyun was sleeping on his shoulder, Kyungsoo only chuckled and touched Joonmyun’s head.

--

Joonmyun opened his eyes as he saw the sun is setting. He was quiet surprised when he found Kyungsoo was still there beside him.  He looked at Kyungsoo whose head was on top of his. He just laughed at how Kyungsoo’s mouth slightly opened. Then Kyungsoo just opened his eyes.

“I thought you were going to leave me!” Joonmyun said as he laughed.

“No, I’m not. I was actually staring at the sky, but I ended up sleeping.” Kyungsoo said. Joonmyun was still laughing.

“Don’t you know that your mouth opens when you sleep?” Joonmyun said, still, he was laughing.

“I know, I do it all the time.” Kyungsoo said.

“Anyway, it’s sunset already. We should go home now.” Joonmyun said. Kyungsoo only nodded, both of them just stood up from the bench and walked outside the rooftop. Once they're inside the school, they grabbed their bags and walked outside. 

"I'll walk you home." Joonmyun said, Kyungsoo only looked at him.

"Huh? No, you shouldn't." Kyungsoo said. Joonmyun looked at him, smiling as he wrapped his hand around Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"I should. Now, don't complain and let me walk you home." Joonmyun said, convincing Kyungsoo. With that, Kyungsoo only nodded. They kept walking for around 5 minutes and finally reached Kyungsoo's house.

“We’re here. Now, go home!” Kyungsoo said.

“You hate me that much that you don’t want me to be at your house?” Joonmyun said.

“I don’t hate you. It’s just, your mom must be worried.” Kyungsoo said.

“Yeah, I know, she must be so worried.” Joonmyun said as he laughed. Joonmyun’s phone was ringing, it was from his mom, Joonmyun just told her that he was done studying with Kyungsoo, then he just hung up the call.

“See? I told you.” Kyungsoo said. Joonmyun smiled at Kyungsoo.

“Thanks for today, Kyungsoo. I owe you.” Joonmyun said as he hugged Kyungsoo.

“Yah! I also owe you, because of your teachings, I’ve got 95 on my math test, remember?” Kyungsoo said. Kyungsoo released the hug and looked into Joonmyun’s eyes.

“Oh well, I still can’t really consider that one. I’m going home now, take care!” Joonmyun said as he tapped on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kyungsoo only nodded. Once Joonmyun disappeared, he got into his house. Kyungsoo was sitting on his couch. ‘Because love isn’t just you’re together with the one you love, it’s that you’ll be there for someone that you love no matter what happens.’ Kyungsoo thought and smiled. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shorter update than the usual. Hope you guys will like it. And I welcome the new readers as well, so don't be shy :D Hmmm... Give me comments? Yes, I want to know what you guys reaction on this chapter. Thank you for still reading this story :)