Chapter 7

That Good Looking Jerk

 

Chapter 7

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Joonmyun sat on the floor with books on their hands, they discussed about the logarithms. The teacher was being nice by only giving 15 numbers for this homework.

“Guys, here’s the drink and snacks for you.” Joonmyun’s mom said and put it on the table.

“Thanks, aunt. I should’ve be the one who take it for us.” Baekhyun said.

“Ah, Baekhyun. You’re being nice. You work in the bakery, not my house and you’re Joonmyun’s guest.” Joonmyun’s mother said. Baekhyun only smiled.

“I’ll be leaving for a while, okay? You guys can take more in the fridge if you need more foods.” Joonmyun’s mom said. Joonmyun went out from the room for a while and then go back. Joonmyun then sat and looked at Baekhyun.

“We saw you and Chanyeol today.” Joonmyun said. Baekhyun only looked back, he didn’t think that his friends would ask right now.

“Mind to tell us what happened? I mean, you said that you hated him and today, I saw you talking to him.” Kyungsoo said.

“He apologized for being such a jerk.” Baekhyun said.

“WHATTTT?!!!” Both of Kyungsoo and Joonmyun got surprised.

“Yes, he really did.” Baekhyun said.

“But, don’t you think that he’ll do it again? He got you fired, last time. Remember?” Joonmyun said. ‘Well, Joonmyun has a point.’ Baekhyun thought.

“But, Chanyeol has just apologized! Give him a chance. Even, sometimes, I saw him with Minho, Taemin and Wufan. He’s better than before, right?” Kyungsoo said.

“Well, I don’t know. Let’s just hope he won’t do it again.” Baekhyun said.

“I’m glad you guys have become friends! Saranghae, Baekhyun-ah.” Kyungsoo said as he hugged Baekhyun.

“Yah! Seriously, what the hell, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun said but he just smiled and hug Kyungsoo. Joonmyun also smiled, but his feelings, he didn’t feel really happy. Joonmyun just loved the way Baekhyun’s eyes shone, the bright smile and he’s...funny and everything about him. And somehow, Joonmyun didn’t want to share it with Chanyeol after what he did to Baekhyun.

--

Baekhyun sat on the bench near the cafetaria as he listened to his iPod as the song Levels by Avicii played. Baekhyun was reading a novel called ‘The Spook’s Apprentice’ by Joseph Delaney. Baekhyun looked to his left side as he saw Chanyeol waved to his friends. Baekhyun then got up and walked. Chanyeol saw Baekhyun and he ran towards Baekhyun. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun by the hand and Baekhyun got a little bit surprised.

“Aren’t you suppose to be at work?” Chanyeol asked as he walked side by side with Baekhyun.

“Well, it’s a day off. Since Joonmyun’s birthday is about to come, so his mom wants to me work tomorrow.” Baekhyun said.

“Oh, I thought you got fired again.” Chanyeol said as he laughed.

“Yah! It’s not funny!” Baekhyun said as he pinched Chanyeol’s hand.

“You can’t just do that to me. It hurts.” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t care.” Baekhyun said and he childishly ‘meh-rong’ to Chanyeol.

“You! Baekhyun!!!” Chanyeol said as he chased Baekhyun. They were running like kids in the school.

“Baekhyun-ah, I’m tired. Let’s not keep running like this.” Chanyeol said but Baekhyun kept running, Until Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and they somehow fell to the ground. Baekhyun’s back was on the ground while Chanyeol was on top of him. Baekhyun just blinked for a while, both have their heart beats racing like trains.

“W-we need to go home, don’t we?” Baekhyun said with his nervous feeling along.

“S-sure.” Chanyeol said as he get up. Baekhyun then just get up.

“Are you sure you want to go home?” Chanyeol asked.

“Well, I want to go to the mall or Dongdaemun. I want to buy something for Joonmyun since his birthday will come” Baekhyun said.

“How about we go there together?” Chanyeol asked.

“You sure?” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah, I mean my house is empty.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun then just nodded, he held Chanyeol’s hand as they go to the subway station.

--

Baekhyun and Chanyeol already arrived at the mall, Baekhyun looked at the things and he thought about what Joonmyun like.

“What kind of person he is?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

“Joonmyun? He loves books and he’s also good in games as well.” Baekhyun said.

“Why don’t we buy him clothes? Or maybe shoes? I bet his foot size is the same as yours.” Chanyeol said.

“But the things here are expensive. I don’t have much money.” Baekhyun said, feeling worried.

“You have me.” Chanyeol said as he opened his wallet. Credit cards and cash were there.

“B-but, I... hmmm....” Baekhyun couldn’t talk properly, he felt that it’s not right to let Chanyeol pay for him.

“Let’s go!!!” Chanyeol said as he grabbed Baekhyun’s hand. The first destination was the department store. Chanyeol picked a lot of shirts and Baekhyun only looked at the price tags. Baekhyun have bought things from here, only when the things are on discount.

“Channie, it’s expensive. I don’t think I could buy it from here.” Baekhyun said again.

“This one is not so expensive.” Chanyeol said.  Baekhyun then looked at the soft-blue shirt.

“OMG! This looks so good!” Baekhyun said as he touched it.

“How about you try it first? You guys have the same size.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun only nodded as he grabbed the shirt. Chanyeol sat on the bench as he waited for Baekhyun.

“What do you think?” Baekhyun said as he got out. Chanyeol only looked, he loved the way the shirt matched Baekhyun’s skin tone.

“You’re great. Perfect.” Chanyeol said. He mentally punched himself, he already let the ‘perfect’ word slipped from his mouth twice. Baekhyun only blushed.

“T-thanks. How about we go to the cashier? Since it’s not expensive, let me pay for it.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol only nodded and both of them smile at each other.

--

Baekhyun and Chanyeol have just bought the presents for Joonmyun, Chanyeol end up bought a bottle of perfume for Joonmyun. Both of them already at the Dongdaemun, Baekhyun insisted Chanyeol.

“Channie, there’s the hotdog! Come on!!” Baekhyun said.

“I’m tired, Hyunnie.” Chanyeol said.

“Please.....” Baekhyun said as he stared at Chanyeol’s eyes with his eyes shone like Puss in Boots.

“You!!! Okay.” Chanyeol said, he sure still feel tired, but those eyes of Baekhyun, how could he resist?

Baekhyun lined up in the hotdog store. The hotdog was special, it was coated with french fries and it’s Baekhyun’s favorite.

“2 hotdogs, please.” Baekhyun said, Chanyeol waited on the other side as he sat on the bench. Once the hotdog done, he drizzle the chili sauce all over the hotdogs and came to Chanyeol.

“Here’s yours.” Baekhyun said.

“Thanks.” Chanyeol said as he grabbed the hotdog. Chanyeol started to eat the hotdog.

“This taste good.” Chanyeol said.

“I know, it’s the best hotdog ever!” Baekhyun said.

“I’ve never eat something like this.” Chanyeol said.

“You’re being cute, aren’t you, Channie? How about we go home now?” Baekhyun said.

“Why did you call me ‘Channie’?” Chanyeol asked to Baekhyun.

“Isn’t that cute? I mean, Chanyeolie would be too long.” Baekhyun said with the hotdog still on his mouth.

“Well, I’m cute, don’t you think?” Chanyeol said.

“You wish. I called you Channie since no one call you that.” Baekhyun said.

“So, I call you ‘Hyunnie’ and then you call me ‘Channie’. Is that fair?” Chanyeol said.

“Fair enough.” Baekhyun said. Both just kept munching on their hotdogs and walking.

“You got something on your face.” Chanyeol said.

“What? Where? Here?” Baekhyun said and pointed to his lower lip.

“No, it’s there.” Chanyeol said as he pointed on the side of his mouth.

“Where?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol wiped the sauce from Baekhyun with his thumb. Baekhyun could feel he was getting crazy. The way that Chanyeol being a textbook-romantic made him crazy.

“It’s gone now.” Chanyeol said.

“T-thanks.” Baekhyun said.

“My house is right there. I’m going now, okay?” Chanyeol said as he pointed at the big residence across the street.

“Okay, thanks for today, Channie!!!” Baekhyun said as he waved at Chanyeol.

“Bye, Hyunnie! See you next time!!!” Chanyeol said as he ran. Baekhyun could feel the heat of his cheeks is raising. ‘Oh God, why Chanyeol did this to me?’ Baekhyun thought as he smiled like a lunatic. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday to the cutest leader of EXO-K, Suho. He's the cutest guardian ever! Lol. Anyway, i hope you guys will like this update, consider that today is Suho's birthday. And omg, i never thought my  story would reach 1000 views ;_; thank you so much for everything :'D