Acquaintance Ball I

The Other Girl

 

"Eomma, do I really look alright?"
 
"Yes you do, Heejin-ah, so stop fidgeting. You might crease your dress," Mrs. Nam laughed.
 
 
 
Mr. and Mrs. Nam took Heejin to the Seoul High Acquaintance Ball, which was happening in the school gym. Since it was a semi-formal event, everyone was required to dress their best: guys wore their dashing suits while girls wore the prettiest dresses. As the Nams arrived, most of the Seoul High students were already there, entering the gym or waiting for their friends. L.Joe was outside waiting for Heejin while the rest of Teen Top and Yoomi were already inside. He spotted the Nam's car right away and approached it.
 
"Oh, Byunghun-ah," Mrs. Nam got out of the car, "She's too shy to go out," she laughed. "You look dashing yourself."
 
L.Joe chuckled, "Gomawo aunty. It's her first formal event, isn't it?"
 
"Byunghun-ah," Mr. Nam laughed as he shook L.Joe's hand, "Talk to her, will you? You know you're the only one she listens to."
 
"Go on, talk to her," she laughed.
 
L.Joe was sure that Heejin was sitting on the backseat, behind the passenger's seat so he got in the car through the backseat door behind the driver's seat. He closed the door as soon as he got in and suddenly held his breath, thinking he saw an angel. His eyes went wide as he looked at Heejin, playing with her fingers on her lap.
 
"I look ugly, don't I?" she looked at L.Joe.
 
He slowly released his breath and chuckled, "You look far from ugly. I've already seen girls who look uglier than you, and I've only been standing outside for five minutes."
 
"You're just saying that," she frowned.
 
"Ya," L.Joe held Heejin's chin, "Trust me, you look beautiful. And I bet you'll be the prettiest inside, yeah?"
 
"Don't leave me tonight, araseo?" Heejin still frowned.
 
"I won't," L.Joe smiled. "Come on, let's go in." L.Joe got out of the car and opened the door on Heejin's side, letting her get out.
 
"We'll pick you up at midnight?" Mrs. Nam straightened out Heejin's dress, "Or will Byunghun take you home?" she looked at L.Joe.
 
Heejin looked at L.Joe, "Can you take me home?"
 
"Sure," he smiled. "I'll take her home, aunty, uncle."
 
"Araseo," Mr. Nam patted L.Joe's shoulder. "Then we'll go now."
 
Heejin hugged her parents before going in the gym with L.Joe. Mr. and Mrs. Nam got in their car and drove back home.
 
"Don't you think Heejin and Byunghun make such a nice couple?" Mrs. Nam said. "I still can't understand why they're not together."
 
"Let's just wait and see what happens, yeobo," Mr. Nam laughed. "But if there's someone I'd trust my only baby with, it's definitely with Byunghun."
 
 
 
Heejin immediately made heads turn as soon as they got in the gym. Everyone was whispering, wondering how someone can be so pretty. The guys were already planning on dancing with her while the girls were envious of her beauty.
 
"They're talking about me," Heejin started breathing faster. "I told you I look ugly."
 
"They're talking about how pretty you are," L.Joe held her arm tighter. "Come on, I can see Yoomi ready to pounce on you," he laughed and led Heejin to their table.
 
"YOU LOOK SO PRETTY!" Yoomi hugged Heejin. "I told you this dress is daebak!"
 
"Do I really?" she looked at Teen Top for their opinion.
 
"If you weren't my friend, I would've already flirted with you," CAP laughed.
 
"You're definitely the prettiest here tonight," Niel smiled.
 
"Ya! Yoomi looks pretty too, you know!" Chunji whacked the back of Niel's head.
 
"Well obviously," Ricky rolled his eyes. "They're obviously the two prettiest girl here. So let's get some food, can we?" The gang got themselves food from the buffet and got back to their table, eating to their heart's content.
 
 
 
"Wah~" Hyuna looked at a particular table, "Oppa, look. Heejin hoobae looks so pretty!"
 
"Hm?" Joon looked up to where Hyuna was looking at and saw his girlfriend's now-favorite hoobae, looking very pretty in her yellow and green dress. "She does," he smiled and looked at Hyuna, "but you look prettier than her."
 
"Oh, don't lie, oppa," Hyuna laughed.
 
 
 
Soon after dinner, it was already time for some dancing. The first slow song came on and L.Joe obviously asked Heejin to dance. Yoomi was asked, obviously, by Chunji.
 
"I think other people are hating me right now," L.Joe laughed.
 
Heejin blinked, "Wae?"
 
"Because I'm dancing with the prettiest girl in the place right now," he smiled.
 
"No, I'm not. I saw Hyuna sunbae already, and she looks very very pretty."
 
"Pabo," L.Joe just laughed. "I think you're the prettiest girl here."
 
 
 
Once a new song played, CAP replaced L.Joe and danced with Heejin. Soon after, everyone else from Teen Top has already danced with both Heejin and Yoomi. Ricky was the last of the Teen Top boys to dance with Heejin.
 
 
 
"Hey classmate!" Ricky and Heejin looked up and saw Mir smiling at her, "May I have this dance?"
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
Part 2 coming up... soon? :))
 
I hope you guys read the Story Feed thing on the left side of the page :) I wrote something there just now-ish :)
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@Seonriyong: Eh??? Why can't Heejin fall for Joon? :)) Saranghaeee~
@FolderName: HAHA I know =))