I Won't Let You Go

The Other Girl

 

"NAM HEEJIN, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THIS HOUSE DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"
 
 
 
Heejin burst in her room, crying from a confrontation with her parents, a very first in her whole life. She locked herself in her room and just let her tears flow freely, not caring that her parents, or anyone for that matter, can hear her.
 
It was already a week after their examination week, and all the results have been released for Heejin's exams. Because of her obligation (for lack of a better word) with Joon the past no-one-knows-how-many-weeks-now, she wasn't able to keep attentive in her classes, and she also can't find the time to review, with Joon calling her and asking her to go to him, and no letting her leave. Hence, she failed miserably in all her exams, and lowered her grades by so much, it seemed that Heejin had gotten herself a stupid twin sister.
 
"It- It wasn't my f-fault," Heejin continued to let her tears fall.
 
L.Joe had heard the confrontation from his house and walked over to the Nam residence to talk to Heejin's parents, and maybe to Heejin herself.
 
"Oh, it's you Byunghun-ah," Mrs. Nam opened the door for him.
 
"Hey auntie, I kinda heard what was happening," he sheepishly laughed. "Is she upstairs?"
 
They heard the devastated cries from the second floor, and knew that Heejin was there.
 
"Tell me, Byunghun-ah," Mr. Nam stood up and walked over to L.Joe, "What has Heejin been doing the past few weeks for her to have failed all her exams? It's not like her to be irresponsible, you know that."
 
"Well, that's what I'm hoping to find out, uncle. Heejin's been kinda hiding from us the past few weeks too. Can I go up to talk to her?"
 
"Go ahead," Heejin's parents smiled and let him go upstairs. They looked hopefully, though a bit sad, at L.Joe as he went up the stairs.
 
Mrs. Nam sighed, "I hope Byunghun can get Heejin to tell him what's been happening. I don't want to see my daughter like that," she hugged herself.
 
"I hope so too, dear." Mr. Nam hugged his wife and led her to the kitchen to have a calming cup of tea.
 
 
 
L.Joe slowly knocked on Heejin's door, "Heejin, it's me." When Heejin didn't open the door, L.Joe knocked again. "Heejin-ah, it's me, Lee Byunghun. You can trust me, can't you?"
 
A small while later, the door to Heejin's room slowly opened and L.Joe's heart broke when he saw Heejin. She looked so devastated, the tears in her eyes never stopping from flowing.
 
New tears flowed from Heejin's eyes when she saw L.Joe. "B-Byung-h-hun-ah-" She immediately embraced L.Joe tightly and cried, shaking her head. "I- It's n-n-ot my f-fault-" she heaved.
 
L.Joe embraced Heejin and lovingly her back, trying to calm her down, "I know, Heejin-ah. I know it's not your fault." L.Joe carried her over to her bed and sat her down on it, making sure the door was closed and locked, knowing that whatever Heejin will tell him is between the two of them only.
 
Heejin refused to let L.Joe go and just cried in his arms. He rocked her back and forth like a baby, trying to calm her down, but his actions only made Heejin cry more.
 
Suddenly, they hear a very loud ring from inside the room. Heejin's body stiffened and he knew he was close to finding out what's been happening. He saw Heejin's cellphone ringing on top of her bedside table and reached over to it. He looked at who was calling her. It was Joon.
 
"Why is he calling you?" L.Joe was about to answer the call when Heejin stopped him, "Don't answer it!"
 
L.Joe looked at Heejin, looking for answers. "If you- If you answer it, he'll take me away, and you'll get hurt." She shook her head, "Don't answer it, please."
 
The ringing stopped for a while, but her phone rang again, and when it did, Heejin put her hands on her ears, trying to block out the noise, "No, Heejin-ah, he's not calling. Joon sunbae's not calling you. That's just your imagination."
 
L.Joe resentfully looked at Heejin's phone. So it was you all along. He took the batteries off Heejin's phone and set it back on the bedside table. When the ringing stopped, Heejin looked immensely relieved.
 
"Is he the one causing you all this?" L.Joe almost demanded.
 
"N-No," Heejin whispered, obviously lying.
 
No more lies. "I don't believe you."
 
"'But alright?'" Heejin hoped.
 
"No, not alright."
 
Heejin looked at L.Joe and when she saw the way L.Joe was looking at her, with so much concern and feeling that she knew only L.Joe could have, she cried, and hugged L.Joe again.
 
L.Joe held Heejin's head and turned her up to face him, "You have to tell me what's going on, Heejin-ah."
 
Heejin hesitated for a bit, but she knew that L.Joe could be trusted with aything, so she started telling her all about Joon, about Hyuna, and how she got entangled with everything.
 
As the words flowed from Heejin's lips, and as the tears flowed, L.Joe clenched fist tightened more and more, wanting to just punch someone in the gut; that someone being Joon. He thought about all the times Heejin left early from their bondings, and all the times Heejin escaped from them. All that time, it was because of him. And this guy just-
 
L.Joe hugged her tighter when she had finished the story, and tears started flowing again. So this is what Seungho sunbae meant. I won't let you go again, Heejin-ah.
 
The crying stopped when Heejin had fallen asleep in L.Joe's arms. He lied her down on the bed and went downstairs to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Nam.
 
"Oh, Byunghun-ah, come and have dinner." Mrs. Nam set the food on the table. It was already dinner time. "How is she?"
 
"Finally sleeping auntie," L.Joe smiled and sat down. Mr. and Mrs. Nam, with L.Joe, stared eating when L.Joe opened his mouth to speak, "How long are you grounding her for, auntie, uncle?"
 
The couple looked at each other, then back at L.Joe. "We're not really planning on grounding her," Mr. Nam started, "we just want her to concentrate more on her studies and get her away from whatever's been bothering her." Why does it feel like they know what's happening to her? L.Joe thought.
 
"Do you have any other plans, Byunghun-ah?" Mrs. Nam asked.
 
"Well, I was thinking that instead of grounding her, that she could spend everyday with us again," L.Joe carefully said. "I think that... she's been caught up with the uh, wrong crowd nowadays, and if she gets to spend time with me, Yoomi, and the others again, she could get head cleared up again."
 
"By the wrong crowd... do you mean those people you were with when you went here last year?" Mrs. Nam asked.
 
"Well, yeah, auntie." Now I'm positive: auntie and uncle have a third eye.
 
"Then do everything you think is right, Byunghun-ah. You know I trust Heejin with you, right?" Mr. Nam said.
 
"I will, uncle. You know that I'll take care of her," he smiled.
 
After eating, L.Joe went up to check on Heejin one more time. When he went in, Heejin was already awake and looking around. "Heejin-ah."
 
Heejin stopped fidgeting and looked at L.Joe, relief evident on her face. "I thought you left."
 
He softened and went over to hug her, "Hey, I won't let that guy come near you again, okay? It's gonna be fine." Heejin hugged him back tightly.
 
"Sleep here," she mumbled.
 
"Araseo." L.Joe and Heejin lied down on Heejin's bed, Hejin not letting go of L.Joe whatever happens.
 
"I won't let him hurt you again, Heejin-ah. I won't let you go," L.Joe comforted Heejin as she fell asleep in his arms.
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? MIANHAEEEEEEE!!!
 
Well, I'm ready for your comments =)) HIT ME! =)))))
 
Well, other than a new update, I have no stories about my life to tell you guys, other than the fact that I've been kinda tired the past weeks :(( Oh well~
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you, so much for all the comments!!!
 
@Seonriyong: Yeah, it was Joon~ HAHAHA are we really calling Joon a snowman now? :)))) SARANGHAEEE~
@Carmelnap: I'm sorry heehee :D