Intervention

The Other Girl

 

L.Joe got permission from his parents to stay over and sleep at Heejin's house that night after dinner. He showered and changed his clothes at his house and rushed over to Heejin's, climbling up the tree to her room. Once he entered, he saw Heejin, already dressed in her sleep clothes, nervously pacing in her room.
 
"You okay?" he asked after a few moments of sitting on the window.
 
Heejin immediately whipped her head to the side and when she saw it was L.Joe, immediately relaxed. "I don't know what to do now," she rushed over to him and hugged him tightly. "Now eomma and appa think we have some sort of relationship."
 
"Don't think about it anymore, okay?" L.Joe whispered, hugging Heejin tightly. "Come on, let's sleep."
 
L.Joe led Heejin to the bed and made her lie down, him getting in the bed beside her. Heejin cuddled up to L.Joe and tried to breathe steadily, L.Joe ran his hands through Heejin's hair to calm her down. Soon enough, the two of them had fallen asleep.
 
 
 
Late into the night, Mr. and Mrs. Nam opened the door to Heejin's room and saw her and L.Joe peacfully sleeping, arms around each other.
 
"I wonder what that Joon character has to done to Heejin to have made her react like that during dinner," Mr. Nam said.
 
"He must be part of that wrong crowd Byunghun was talking about that day," Mrs. Nam wrapped her arms around herself. [a/n: Chapter 43 for those who forgot :)]
 
"But what can we do? We can't really stop that Joon from going to our Heejin," Mrs. Nam said after a while.
 
Mr. Nam hugged his wife, "Let's just hope Byunghun and the others will be able to protect her from him."
 
 
 
 
 
Heejin's alarm rang the next day, and L.Joe was the one who turned it off. He sat up and stretched his arms, slowly opening his eyes. He looked to his right and saw that Heejin was still peacefully sleeping. He smiled, thinking how he could just watch her sleep all day not not get tired of it, but he know that Heejin had to wake up for school.
 
"Heejin-ah," L.Joe slowly shook Heejin. "Your alarm already rang. Wake up."
 
Heejin slightly stirred and finally opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the light. "It's morning already?" she smiled up at L.Joe.
 
"Mhm," L.Joe smiled. "Come on, get up and get ready. I'll just go home to take a bath and have breakfast."
 
Heejin slowly sat up and stretched her arms. "Araseo." She put her arms down and smiled at L.Joe, "You'll wait for me out front later?"
 
"You know it," L.Joe grinned and got out of bed. He got out through the window and ran to his house to get ready. Sure that he had landed on the ground safely, Heejin got up and started her day.
 
 
 
The two of them walked to school together, holding hands and not talking about anything in particular: the cute cat yawning on the sidewalk, the pretty trees lined up on the street they walked on, what they planned on having for lunch, how loud Ricky usually is.
 
"Good morning," Yoomi beamed and looped her arm around Heejin. "Ready for another day?"
 
"You sound weird today, Yoomi-ah," Heejin laughed. "But yes, I'm ready."
 
The eight of them went inside the school, ready to start the day, not thinking of anything negative around them. And by negative, they mean a certain Lee Joon.
 
Heejin and L.Joe entered their classroom to see a bouquet of roses on top of Heejin's table. They didn't even need to look at the card to see who it was from, but they did anyways.
 
I hope you like roses :)
I hope you'll give me a chance.
- Joon
 
L.Joe stopped himself from throwing the roses out the window, but it was Heejin herself who took the roses out to the trash can and threw them. Their classmates gaped at her for having done that, not believing that she jsut rejected roses from the Lee Joon. Heejin knew that she might've looked heartless, but she had to protect herself.
 
"Our classmates are looking at you weirdly," L.Joe said, amused. Heejin just smiled up at him and sat down.
 
 
 
By lunch time, the news of Heejin throwing away the roses from Joon have already spread throughout the school, and MBLAQ have already heard the news. People who were at the cafeteria looked warily at MBLAQ's table, trying to see Joon's reaction. He looked pretty calm, but his hand was clenched in a fist as he ate.
 
"Why don't you just give it up, hyung?" Cheondoong asked. "Heejin already said no."
 
The four looked at Joon, but he just ate in silence.
 
Seungho then sat straight and looked at Joon. "Lee Changsun, what are you planning to do? Continue to court Heejin hoobae?"
 
"That's exactly what I'm doing," Joon mumbled, his mouth full.
 
"You do realize that Heejin hoobae doesn't want anything to do with you now, right? Not after everything that's happened," G.O said.
 
"What makes you so sure?" he said again between mouthfuls of food.
 
"She's trying to protect herself, Joon, from everything you could do to her, from you hurting her again. What makes you think that she can so easily change her mind about you just because you've said so?" "Then I'll just try harder." "That's not the point."
 
"Then what is your point, Yang Seungho hyung?" Joon had already put down his chopsticks and is now pointedly staring at Seungho.
 
"I'm saying that if you think you love her, do what's right and let her go because anyone wouldn't want to see their loved one getting hurt because of them," Seungho said with finality.
 
Joon pushed his food away, "I don't think I love her; I do."
 
"Then there's no--" "But I'm selfish, and I don't want to let her go."
 
"That's not love, Joon; that's obsession, just like with Hyuna--" "Don't talk about her," Joon hissed.
 
He stood up and walked out of the cafeteria, leaving four worried friends back at the table.
 
 
 
After a while, Seungho finally spoke up. "We have to do something."
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long~ But here I am with a double update! YAYYY! :D
Hmm, I wonder what will happen next *ahemthinkingaboutendingthisficsoonahem*
SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW AGAIN GRRR :((((((
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
I don't know what to reply to your comments, so yeah =)) :D