Bad Breakup

The Other Girl

 

[a/n: Flashback chapter :) This is what happened that morning of Chapter 37 :)]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeoboseyo? Hyuna baby?" Joon answered the phone, shocked. He hadn't expected Hyuna to call at that time. MBLAQ had stayed over at his house, and when he saw that someone was calling her, he immediately went to his room and locked the door.
 
"What the hell have you been hiding from me, oppa?" Joon was shocked at Hyuna's tone: it was hostile, so unlike his sweet Hyuna baby.
 
"Jagi, w-what are you talking about?" He tried to laugh, "Are you okay?"
 
"No, not after what Seungho oppa told me."
 
Joon's eyes widened, "W-What did S-Seungho hyung t-tell you, baby?" he still tried to use a pacifying tone on her.
 
"Don't lie to me, Lee Changsun!" Hyuna hissed, "Seriously? More than fifteen different girls ever since I left?"
 
Joons face fell. Damn it. "Baby, t-that's-"
 
"I could accept one, two, but FIFTEEN?! Did you seriously think you wouldn't get caught?!"
 
Joon couldn't even say anything as Hyuna talked.
 
"I know you, oppa: I know you can't stay away from girls. I know that you easily get swayed by them. That's why I'm alright with you having another girl, but FIFTEEN? WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?!"
 
"B-Baby, y-y-ou must've h-heard wrong~" Joon awkwardly laughed. "I never-"
 
"Are you saying what Seungho oppa told me wasn't true?" Hyuna asked, and from her tone, Joon knew she didn't believe him.
 
"So, you believe Seungho hyung. More than me?" he quietly asked.
 
"Like I said oppa: I know you." she emphasized once more.
 
Joon chuckled in defeat, "So? I cheated on you, then. What are you gonna do about it."
 
"Lee Changsun, I am so disappointed in you."
 
And that did it. "IS IT MY FAULT YOU'RE LIVING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLOBE?!" Joon exploded. MBLAQ couldn't hear anything since they were outside, near the pool in Joon's house, having breakfast.
 
Joon heard Hyuna gasp, "SO THIS IS WHAT IT'S ABOUT?! DID YOU THINK I HAD A CHOICE?!"
 
"WHAT? DID YOU EXPECT ME TO BE CELEBATE WHILE YOU'RE IN LONDON?!"
 
"YES!" Hyuna exclaimed in disbelief. "BECAUSE YOU'RE MY BOYFRIEND! YOU'RE NOT SINGLE! IF I KNEW YOU'D BE LIKE THIS-"
 
"OH, BUT YOU DID, DIDN'T YOU?!" Joon said, sarcastically. "YOU SAID IT YOURSELF: YOU KNOW ME!"
 
"BUT DIDN'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT WHAT I WOULD FEEL ABOUT IT?! MY OWN BOYFRIEND CHEATING ON ME WITH FIFTEEN DIFFERENT GIRLS WHEN I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLOBE, HELPLESS?!"
 
"THEN WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO? I'M ONLY HUMAN!"
 
Joon heard her staggered sigh, and knew that she was about to cry. "I- I expected you to wait for me. I expected you to not look at- all those girls, and- think that it's because I- I wouldn't like it if you looked at them. I expected you to- to actually mean it when you say that you love me- and miss me..."
 
He softened, "Baby, I love you, you know I do. I-"
 
"Then why didn't you think about me? Why did you cheat on me like that, oppa?" Hyuna's voice now sounded distant.
 
"Baby I-"
 
"Please don't call me that anymore," Hyuna whispered, "It hurts when I don't know if you mean it or not."
 
"No, Hyuna baby, I-"
 
"And what about Heejin dongsaeng?" she whispered. Joon stiffened at her name.
 
"W-What about H-Heejin h-hoobae..."
 
"No more hiding, please," Hyuna sighed, mostly tired. "I know you've been dragging her out with you every time you drink." Joon couldn't breathe. "I know that you've been calling her out whenever you need her, and that you treat her like your night blanket, or that teddy bear you have in your room that you've had since you were 5."
 
"Baby, I-" Joon stopped himself this time, not even knowing what to say as an excuse.
 
Hyuna chuckled, "Do you remember? I started out just as your trophy girlfriend. Because the MBLAQ boys dared you to go steady with just one person, and the person you chose was me. You were nice to me, at the start, but it changed when you started inviting me out to drink.
 
"You had that girl with you. Her name was Yuri, I remember she was really pretty. I was sitting across you two, watching the two of you make out. I wondered why I was still there: you invited me out to drink, but you go and make out with that girl. The two of you went to the bathroom to do everyone-knows-what, then you come out without her, and hug me. I didn't say anything, because I already liked you then, and that kind of time with you was better than nothing.
 
"But then I couldn't stand it anymore: always seeing you with all those girls, so I cut off all connection from you, do you remember that oppa?" Joon couldn't say anything, but he remembered everything. "And then when you couldn't find me, you got mad at everyone, and stalked outside my house for days, begging me to come back into your life. I couldn't stay away, seeing you like that, so I agreed. All the girls stopped coming after that, and we were happy. But now..."
 
 
 
MBLAQ stared at the stairs. They finally went in the living room. "What's taking hyung so long?"
 
"Maybe it was an important call?" G.O shrugged.
 
 
 
"Are you going to hurt Heejin dongsaeng like you're hurting me? Must she experience living as that other girl who watches you make love to different girls, but can't leave because she knows you need her there?"
 
Joon just kept still, not breathing. Everything Hyuna was saying started making sese to him, until...
 
"Oppa, stay away from Heejin dongsaeng from now on. Please..."
 
Faster than he could blink, Joon started to see red. "You- You want me to stay away from her?! You want me to- leave her?" Joon asked, not believing it.
 
"Oppa-"
 
"I'm sorry, baby: I don't think I can do that," he said, so distant.
 
"OPPA! DO YOU WANT TO HURT HER?!"
 
"BUT I NEED HER, OKAY?! I don't know what to do without her-"
 
"You'll just hurt her oppa!"
 
"BUT I NEED HER! CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT!"
 
There was silence for a while, until Hyuna spoke up again. "I- I guess we'll just end it here then oppa. It- It was nice, all these years. But I'm sorry, because even if you need her, I will do everything I can to make Heejin dongsaeng stay away from you. Goodbye oppa." Hyuna hesitated, before whispering, "I love you," and hanging up.
 
Joon stayed still for a few seconds, his phone still in his hands. A while later, his grip on it tightened, and he chucked it in his pocket before approaching his wall, then punching it with all his might.
 
"SHE CAN'T TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME!" Joon slumped, and kicked his bedside table, making it fall. "Not her. Anyone but her."
 
MBLAQ heard the crash, and they immediately rushed up the stairs to see what was wrong.
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
You guys have been waiting for this, huh? :))
So yeah, that's Hyuna and Joon's phone call. I was only supposed to have like a really short flashback on why they broke up (which explains why I said that I was supposed to put the reason in Chapter 38) but yeah, it turned out to be a full chapter =))
 
For those who were expecting Joon to have some mental problems, I'm sorry, but he doesn't =)))))))
 
OH! AND NOW YOU KNOW WHY THIS FIC IS ENTITLED 'THE OTHER GIRL'! YAY! :D
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@Seonriyong: XIA ref?? What? I don't understand :| =))))) SARANGHAEEE~
@lolmeowlol: HAHAHAHAHA so hipster :)) Don't back out on being a Heejoon shipper yeah? =))))))))