Dinner

The Other Girl

 

Joon has wisely made no move to approach Heejin for the rest of the day, knowing that she needed time to think about all the things that have been happening to her. After classes, Teen Top, Yoomi, and Heejin all went to the dance studio, not to dance though.
 
"So..." CAP started, stretching his arms, "What are you planning to do, Heejin-ah?" All of them were sitting down in a circle, having a very serious meeting.
 
Heejin blinked and looked at CAP, not really understanding what's going on. "About..." "That crazy guy of course, Joon sunbae."
 
She frowned, "What do you mean 'what am I planning to do'? I said no already."
 
"Yeah, but he's still hoping you'd change your mind," Chunji said. "He won't give up, you know."
 
"Then there's nothing I can do than to just avoid him, right?" "WRONG," Ricky said flat out, like that sound in game shows when the contestant gets the answer wrong. "He won't just give up just because you avoid him. He'll probably do whatever it takes to get your attention, and when he does, he'll make his moves."
 
Heejin frowned once again, "So what do you guys suggest I do?"
 
Ricky shrugged, "I dunno."
 
Changjo slapped the back of Ricky's head, "Babo, at least give some decent advise."
 
Niel looked at Heejin, "Can I ask you something?" She nodded. "How do you feel about Joon sunbae?"
 
Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at Heejin. What does she feel about Joon? Heejin stared at Niel, as if what he said wasn't even worth talking about, but Niel didn't back down, his eyes continuing to probe her. Finally, she let out a sigh and answered, "At first, I found Joon sunbae very nice and caring, back when Hyuna eonni was still here. During the time when all this... complication started, I thought I liked him, because I was very concerned about him. But now..." she stopped, trying to find the right words to say. "I'm still very concerned about him, but only because I know that he's very lonely, and he needs someone to be with. But I don't like him anymore in that sense. I guess, I was only concerned for him to begin with, even more so now. But I won't go back to him like that, not after everything that's already happened."
 
Her seven friends let out a huge sigh of relief upon hearing what Heejin had said. "Does Hyuna sunbae know what's going on?" Niel asked.
 
Heejin shook her head, "The last time eonni and I got to talk was after she and Joon sunbae broke up. I don't know if Seungho sunbae or the others have called her yet." [a/n: Chapter 38 for those who forgot :)]
 
Before anyone got to talk, Heejin's phone rang. She took it out and answered it, seeing that it was her dad. "Appa!"
 
"Heejin-ah, are you with Byunghun right now?" "Ne, appa, I'll be home soon for dinner." "We're having dinner with Byunghun's family, so make sure he comes with you, araseo?" "Ne!"
 
"That was uncle?" L.Joe asked.
 
"He said we're having dinner at our house with your family," Heejin informed.
 
L.Joe thought about it for a bit. "Oh, so that's what eomma told me during breakfast."
 
"Uh, hello~" The two stopped talking and looked at Chunji. "We're talking here."
 
"Let's just reach a solution now," L.Joe suggested, "You know how our parents are about dinners."
 
"How about we just continue being with Heejin, and make sure that she's alone when outside the house? That way, Joon sunbae can't have a chance to stel her away."
 
"Call." Chunji said. "Call!" Yoomi grinned. One by one, all of them agreed to what CAP suggested.
 
"So all of you will be acting like my bodyguards for the next days?" Heejin laughed.
 
"This might even last months," L.Joe laughed as well.
 
 
 
 
 
Hand in hand, Heejin and L.Joe ran back to Heejin's house, knowing that they were late for the family dinner. They ran into the house and stopped when they entered the dining room, ginning innocently at Mr. and Mrs. Nam and Mr. and Mrs. Lee. "We're sorry we're late!" The two of them bowed a perfect 90 degrees.
 
"You've only been late five minutes, kids," Mrs. Lee laughed. "Sit down and let's have dinner."
 
Smiling brightly, the two sat down across each other. Once Mrs. Nam put down the huge pot of soup on the table, the two families started to dig in.
 
"Did you two come from that dance studio again with Minsoo and the others?" Mr. Lee asked. 
 
L.Joe nodded, "We were talking about school and stuff, good thing uncle called." "And you forgot we had dinner tonight, didn't you?" Mrs. Lee looked pointedly at her son.
 
"Caught," he chuckled. The rest of them laughed. "You ate too fast I just knew you didn't listen," Mrs. Lee laughed.
 
"Someone came for you a while ago, Heejin-ah," Mrs. Nam started when everyone had quieted down.
 
"Who was it eomma?" she looked at her mom. "A nice-looking man named Joon, he says you go to school together," she informed.
 
Two pairs of chopsticks suddenly fell onto the table.
 
"Aigoo, the pair of you, so clumsy," Mrs. Lee laughed.
 
"Uh," Heejin blinked, trying to set her thoughts straight. "W-What did he say, eomma?" L.Joe just kept silent, listening.
 
"He asked if he could court you," Mr. Nam said. "How come you haven't introduced him to us, Heejin-ah?"
 
Heejin's face went pale the same time L.Joe's hand clenched into a fist. Neither dared to say anything.
 
The parents looked at each other and decided that it was something they didn't want to talk about, so they immediately changed the topic. "Did you see the headline in the newspapers this morning?"
 
Heejin and L.Joe made no effort to join the conversations anymore and just ate in silence.
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Click Next :>