Junior Year

The Other Girl

[a/n: Please note that there are only three years of high school in Korea, so technically, they're already juniors :)]

 

 

 

 

 

 

And just like that, the new school year already started. L.Joe, Heejin, and CAP became classmates this time around; Ricky and Niel in another; and Yoomi and Changjo in another. Chunji was all alone in another class, though he was classmates with Mir. It was also the last year of three of the MBLAQ members: G.O, Seungho, and Joon.
 
Speaking of Joon, Heejin spent quite a lot of nights sleeping late because of him. He kept on calling her at random times in the night and asked her to go to random places, mostly clubs and bars. She didn't like going there, but she didn't have a choice. If she told Joon she won't be able to go, he'd drive all the way to her house and ask if she didn't want him anymore, and he'd even stay until Heejin convinced him to go home, and that he'd make her promise not to do that again.
 
What was strange though, was that Joon wouldn't act like that in the morning, if they accidentally met somewhere. Nor did Joon call Heejin in the morning. And what was weirder was that Joon would be with other girls once Heejin arrived, but Joon wouldn't let her go.
 
"You keep on sleeping late these days," L.Joe frowned. The two were lucky enough to be seatmates.
 
"I don't know why, either," Heejin yawned.
 
"You never sleep late unless we talk, and even before we talk, you'd already be sleeping. Is there anything going on?"
 
"Ani, I'm fine," she sleepily smiled and continued to listen to the lesson.
 
"I don't believe you, but alright," L.Joe shrugged and continued listening as well. I have to find out what's been happening; this isn't like her at all.
 
 
 
Lunch time came and the eight of them got lunch together as usual. As they were lined up, Heejin snuck a peek at the kingka/queenka table, which wasn't as full as before. MBLAQ was still there, but 4minute wasn't anymore, since Jihyun, Gayoon, and Jiyoon already graduated. Hyuna was already in London, and Sohyun didn't bother sitting there anymore; she instead sat with her other friends at another table.
 
"A lot of things have changed, huh?" Yoomi said, looking at the table as well.
 
"Just them, not really us," Chunji shrugged.
 
Heejin frowned and looked back at the line. Why do I feel like I've changed as well?
 
L.Joe looked at Heejin. Why do I feel like you've changed as well?
 
Joon looked up from his meal and his eyes found themselves looking at Heejin in the line to get food, L.Joe behind her. He felt something weird, but immediately shrugged it off and went back to eating.
 
She should be here.
 
 
 
After the end of classes, the eight friends went to the dance studio so Teen Top can practice more for the upcoming dance competition, set to happen soon. They were already set to dance the choreography with the simultaneous jumping, but Changjo and Niel suddenly thought of a new choreography, which was admittedly cuter than their previous ones. Among the six of them, it seemed like it suited Ricky's cute image the best and L.Joe's and CAP's strong, rugged images the worst.
 
"I LIKE THIS CHOREOGRAPHY! Plus we get to do the cat daddy!" Ricky did the cute choreography and the cat daddy, trying to convince his hyungs.
 
"Do you see this choreography? It doesn't suit our image, and remember what kind of dances we've been doing in the competition?" CAP retorted.
 
"What?" the maknae-wannabe blinked.
 
"We did 'Clap', 'Supa Luv', and 'Going Crazy', and all of them aren't cutesy like that," L.Joe said. "Remember when Chunji and Changjo suddenly thought of the 'Don't Spray Perfume' dance? But it was too soft and cutesy, so we didn't do it."
 
"BUT I WANNA PERFORM THIS TOO!" Ricky wailed and ran up to the girls. "Heejin-ah, Yoomi-ah, make them change their minds~!"
 
"But I don't really think it suits your image in the competitions," Yoomi giggled.
 
"How did you think of this dance, Niel?" Heejin looked at him.
 
"Been a while since we did a cutesy dance, so..." he shrugged.
 
"Heejin-ah~ Convince Byunghun and Minsoo hyungs~" Ricky clung onto the girl like a koala.
 
Heejin laughed and looked at the two, then back at Yoomi, "It certainly doesn't suit their images..."
 
"Not one bit," Yoomi laughed.
 
"But maybe you guys can learn it? Just like the 'Don't Spray Perfume' dance? Then decide on what to use for the competition afterwards?"
 
"YES!" Ricky shrieked while still hugging Heejin, "THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!"
 
Changjo looked at the others, "That seems like a good idea."
 
CAP looked at L.Joe, "Up for it?"
 
"As long as you get Ricky away from strangling Heejin like that, then fine," L.Joe jokingly glared at Ricky.
 
"ON IT!" Ricky jumped away from Heein and ran up to the others, "LET'S PRACTICE!!!"
 
The six of them first started practicing how to cat daddy. They were already doing it nonstop, with CAP mostly enjoying it, when Heejin received a message. She looked at her phone and frowned.
 
"Who is it?" Yoomi asked.
 
"No one," she smiled at Yoomi and closed her phone. "But I should get going now."
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Click NEXT :>