Acquaintance Party Year 2

The Other Girl

 

Heejin's newly-found confusion over her feelings really caused her to lose concentration in a lot of things; mainly in school. She couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she likes Joon, and the fact that Joon already has a girlfriend and how wrong her feelings are, that she continuously dazes off in class. Her teachers have already reprimanded her more than once over her strange behavior, especially when she was one of the most hardworking people in their batch. Even her parents have noticed it already, especially after they got a call from Heejin's adviser.
 
"We shouldn't be letting you go here, you do know that, aga?" Mr. Nam said as he stopped his car in front of the school gym. It was already time for the annual acquaintance party.
 
"Ne, appa," Heejin had her head down. "I'm sorry; I'll do better in school."
 
"We're not pressuring you or anything, okay, Heejin-ah?" Mrs. Nam looked at her daughter, "We just know that you have a lot of potential, and whatever's bothering you isn't helping you at all."
 
"Is it a person bothering you?" Mr. Nam asked. Heejin looked down more, not wanting to let her parents know that they've hit a bullseye. "Because if it is, you know what you should do, right?"
 
"Ne appa: I should either confront the person about it, or stop hanging out with that person," she answered. Although it's hard to stay away from Joon sunbae, especially with the kind of situation he's brought me into.
 
"Araseo," he smiled, and lifted Heejin's head up to face him. "Now smile; this is a party, not a funeral. And you look beautiful aga."
 
"Gomawo, appa, eomma, I will," she smiled, and finally got out of the car to see L.Joe waiting for her. He was leaning on their car as he smiled up at her.
 
"Ready?" he held out his hand.
 
Heejin happily placed her hand in L.Joe's and walked with him to the inside of the gym. It was already filled with well-dressed people, ready to have fun and mingle.
 
"What did uncle and aunty say? Are you okay?" L.Joe looked at Heejin as they walked to where Yoomi and the rest of Teen Top were.
 
"They were upset, of course," she softly smiled, "but I'll just have to do better."
 
"You know you can tell me what's happening, right?" L.Joe gave her hand a squeeze. "You can always tell me."
 
"I know, Byunghun," she squeezed his hand back and smiling, the two approached their friends, ready to have fun the whole night.
 
 
 
MBLAQ looked dashing in their suits as usual, but one of them didn't seem to be in the fun and mingling mood at all. There are only two things that can be a reason for that: one, that said person's girlfriend lives a couple of thousands of miles away from him; or two, because another girl who is in the same place as he is in is with someone who isn't him. But it looks like the second reason is the more plausible one.
 
Joon was just normal-looking when MBLAQ got in the gym. They had the same enthusiasm as everyone else in the room. But as soon as he saw Heejin -- who was holding L.Joe's hand  -- come in, a scowl immediately replaced his otherwise emotionless face. His burning gaze followed the two.
 
"What? Still upset Hyuna isn't here?" Seungho chuckled, but stopped once he saw where Joon was looking at. "Lee Joon," he said in warning.
 
"What?" he shrugged, and took a sip of his punch. "Not doing anything wrong here."
 
"Can you just stop bothering her already? How many times have you called her on a school night?"
 
"Uhm," he mentally counted in his head, "A lot?"
 
"Exactly. So stop it," Seungho hissed.
 
"What? I-" Joon stopped talking as he saw the two figures on the dance floor. He immediately scowled.
 
L.Joe had asked Heejin to be each others' first dance, because it was unspoken deal that the two of them would always be first no matter what.
 
"You're really pretty tonight, you know that?" L.Joe ginned up at her.
 
"Just tonight?" Heejin feigned hurt.
 
"Araseo," he laughed. "You're beautiful everyday," he smiled, knowing that those words were true.
 
"Gomawo, Byunghun-ah," Heejin rested her head on L.Joe's shoulder, "You look handsome as well."
 
"What's wrong?" he asked, tightening his hold on her waist.
 
But Heejin just shook her head, "I'm just happy that you're here with me."
 
"I don't believe you, but alright," he sighed, and continued dancing with her.
 
 
 
"Byunghun-ah."
 
"Hm?" L.Joe looked down at Heejin.
 
"You'll always be here right? You'll always be by my side?"
 
"Hm? What do you mean?"
 
"No matter what, you'll always be here for me, right?"
 
L.Joe softly smiled and Heejin's hair, "Of course I will be? What kind of a best friend am I if I don't? I love you, remember?"
 
"No matter what?"
 
"No matter what," L.Joe promised.
 
"Can I dance with her now?" the two of them looked up and saw Joon, holding out his hand. He was smiling, but his eyes were hard.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Click NEXT :>