Escape

The Other Girl

 

It's been weeks since Joon and Hyuna broke up, and the news of it already spread like wildfire around Seoul High. Everyone had their own little theories on why they broke up, but everyone was sad all the same.
 
More than sad though, it was like they lost all certainty in the world: the Joon-Hyuna couple had been their constant couple, the couple that they thought would live to see that "happily ever after" everyone's been dreaming of. But now that they've broken up, well, everyone's hopes for "happily ever after" seemed to have been broken as well.
 
"Heejin-ah, what's wrong?" Yoomi placed her palm on Heejin's forehead. "You aren't sick or anything, but you look like you're about to faint," she frowned.
 
"More like she looks dead tired," Chunji pursed his lips. "Have you been sleeping well lately?"
 
I haven't been sleeping at all. "Yeah, I'm just tired, that's all."
 
Heejin's been on the receiving end of Joon's depressed state, and Hyuna's worry.
 
Everyday, Joon would call Heejin up and ask her to stay at home with him, or watch him get drunk, or watch him flirt with other girls, still using the "Hyuna broke up with me so I'm depressed" excuse. She tried to escape at first, but Joon just chased her around and refused to let her out of his sight whenever they were out like that. So Heejin stayed, most of the time, until the wee hours of the morning. She wouldn't have any time to study, or to eat decent meals, so she studies as soon as she gets home (usually around 2 in the morning), and eats mere sandwiches and instant ramen. She usually sneaks in a few naps during class, but no more than 5 minutes each time. And she doesn't want to sleep during lunch time, since it was the only hour that she could spend with her friends.
 
Hyuna has been calling Heejin every other day, and continues to convince her to just leave Joon alone, and not entertain him aymore. But of course Heejin just can't do that due to Joon's persuasion. She asks for MBLAQ's help as well, to keep Joon away from Heejin at all times, but Joon just seems to find a way around every excuse and every reason.
 
Lies, L.Joe grumbled in frustration. I know you're not okay, Heejin-ah. Why can't you just tell us what's been happening?!
 
Teen Top and Yoomi, not knowing what really happens, can't do anything but watch Heejin bury herself in her own excuses. They can't understand what's going on since they don't see anyone approaching Heejin and making things difficult for her. They tried stalking her once, just to understand, but Heejin had sensed them, and escaped from them right away.
 
Now it's time to wonder, "if MBLAQ can't make Joon stay away from Heejin, then why don't they ask for Teen Top and Yoomi's help"?
 
It's simple, really: more people involved equals more complications, and MBLAQ can't have any noticeable complications.
 
"Your exams are next week, class, so I hope that all of you have been studying well," their teacher said as he dismissed the class. "Alright, good luck with your exams. You may go."
 
As soon as the teacher left, everyone stood up to leave. Heejin had already rushed out, feeling her phone vibrate with a new message, but L.Joe caught up to her, fast.
 
"Where are you going?" he asked oh so casually.
 
"Just, somewhere," Heejin shrugged. Byunghun-ah, please don't ask any more.
 
"Heejin-ah, where do you- Oh, L.Joe," Seungho was about to stop her from going to Joon, again.
 
"Hey," L.Joe nodded. Why is Seungho sunbae approaching Heejin? Have they been talking?
 
"What's- OH NO YOU DON'T." Heejin was about to escape while the two guys were talking, but Seungho caught her arm. "I'm- I'm still talking to you," he awkwardly laughed, seeing how L.Joe was looking at him.
 
"S-Sunbae," Heejin looked at Seugnho worriedly.
 
"Are you two going somewhere?" Seungho asked L.Joe, while still tightly holding onto Heejin.
 
"Uh, yeah," L.Joe answered, a bit unsure, "I was about to ask her to go out with me since we haven't been doing that for a while."
 
"Good!" Seungho forced a grin, "Where are you planning to go? I'll take you there."
 
"Sunbae," Hejin whispered as she looked into Joon's eyes, staring at her from far away. Come to me now, Heejin-ah.
 
"Uh, maybe to Insadong?" L.Joe looked at Heejin, "Is that okay?"

"I-" "Okay!" Seungho answered before Heejin got to utter anything. "Come on, I'll drive you guys there." He slung his arm around L.Joe and kept a firm hold on Heejin's hand as he half-dragged the two to his car. He caught sight of Joon glaring at him, but he only glared back as he half-forced the best friends to his car. Just let her go, Lee Changsun.
 
 
 
He dropped L.Joe and Heejin off at Insadong and told the two to have fun. "Don't answer his calls anymore, alright?" Seungho whispered to Heejin. She uncertianly nodded, "But he's been calling me, sunbae."
 
"Hmm..." He looked at the two and suddenly got a good idea. "Why don't you two turn both your phones off and exchange for today? That way you two can have that bonding time without any disturbances."
 
"Uhm, sure, okay," L.Joe took out his phone and turned it off, giving it to Heejin. "Your turn."
 
Heejin took out her phone and looked at it. 27 new messages and 54 missed calls. She didn't have to guess who those were from.
 
L.Joe slightly smiled at her uncertainty. "Give me that, I'll do it." He  took the phone from her and turned it off, putting it in his pocket. He caught sight of who was suddenly calling her though, before he turned it off. Why the hell is Joon sunbae calling her?
 
"There, that's settled," Seungho grinned, glad that Heejin could escape from Joon. "Have fun you two!" And he left.
 
L.Joe and Heejin looked at each other, "So, what are you planning to do, Byunghun-ah?" she slightly smiled. I should savor today that I get to spend with Byunghun. She felt happy, immensely happy that they were together, and not just because she was able to escape Joon. It was another kind of happiness.
 
"Why don't we go for movies?" he asked. When Heejin smiled and nodded, he felt ecstatic. I'm not gonna ask why he's calling you; I just want to savor today that I get to spend with you.
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!!
 
OMG I MISSED ALL OF YOU SO MUCH! I'M SORRY I DIDN'T GET TO UPDATE!!! I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT IT WAS SO LONG SINCE I DID :(((((
I was scared to update, to be honest :))))) Oh well!
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@Lildevilxoxo: Well, basically, yeah :)))))))
@Seonriyong: HAHAHA saengie-ah, such an EXO fan :))))) SARANGHAEEEEE~
 
Heehee sorry guys =))))))