Today with You

The Other Girl

 

L.Joe got two tickets to a comedy movie, wanting to de-stress Heejin from whatever's been stressing her out lately. "There's fifteen minutes to the movie, come on, let's buy some popcorn."
 
Heejin bounced up her seat and held L.Joe's hand. "Let's get the really big one," she beamed.L.Joe chuckled, "Of course, come on." The two went to buy popcorn and drinks for the movie. They got settled in the theater and waited for the movie to start.
 
A minute into sitting down, Heejin already felt drowsy and started nodding off. L.Joe smiled, she must be so tired. He leaned Heejin's head on his shoulder. And that's when Heejin shot up. "Did- Did I fall asleep?" L.Joe chuckled and nodded. "Mian, I won't sleep anymore."
 
"Babo," L.Joe leaned Heejin's head on his shoulder, "I want this time for you to relax. If you want to sleep, then sleep."
 
"But- the movie-" "I don't care, I'll tell you what happened. Just sleep." L.Joe put his arm around Heejin, "Don't think of anything and just sleep."
 
As soon as the second trailer started playing, L.Joe already heard Heejin's even breathing. He softly smiled and leaned his head on Heejin's just to hear her breathing. "I thought we were supposed to spend today together, and you fall asleep on me," he chuckled, then stopped when Heejin stirred a bit. "Oh, well. I don't care, as long as we're together like this," he whispered, and closed his eyes.
 
L.Joe woke up two hours later. When his eyes adjusted, he saw that the ending credits were already rolling. He yawned and woke Heejin up. "Heejin-ah, wake up, the movie's over already." [a/n: I remembered Block B's Movie's Over :))]
 
"It is?" Heejin yawned and slowly sat up. She stretched her arms and looked at L.Joe. "How was the movie?"
 
"Oh? Yeah, it was good," he just said. "Are you hungry?"
 
"Yeah, oh?" Heejin looked at the popcorn and drinks the bought. "But the popcorn hasn't been eaten." She looked at L.Joe, narrowing her eyes at him, "Did you really watch the movie, Byunghun-ah?"
 
"Oops, caught," L.Joe chuckled. "There wasn't any sense watching the movie if you're sleeping, so I just slept too. I've been tired lately."
 
"But- But-" "I know: the tickets, the money, the movie, am I alright," he laughed. "Come on, let's go out before the guards drag us out." He took Heejin's hand and went out of the theater.
 
"Are you alright, Byunghun-ah? Did you sleep well? And what about the money, you spent so much but it was useless," Heejin frowned. "We should've just went home and slept."
 
"Hey," L.Joe stopped walking and faced Heejin. "I don't care about it. And I want to spend today with you, so I don't mind."
 
"But, aren't you saving up for something? That- that-" Heejin frowned, not remembering.
 
"New headphones, since mine broke last week," L.Joe said. "I just said that yesterday, you don't remember?"
 
"Mian, I was kind of out of it," Heejin bit her lower lip. "Anyway, what about the headphones? Those cost a lot."
 
"I can always just save again, but who knows when we can spend a day together again, especially when we have exams next week?" And you've been busy with who the hell knows what. Does that involve Joon sunbae?
 
"Mianhae, I'll treat dinner then!" Heejin and L.Joe walked around to look for a nice place to eat at after sleeping in the theater.
 
They decided to have some Chinese food at a shop near the theater. They ordered some dumplings and fried rice.
 
"Do you wanna study together this week?" L.Joe asked as he swallowed the food. "For the exams?"
 
"That would be nice," Heejin beamed. "I've been so tired that I don't understand half of the lessons anymore," she frowned.
 
"I'll help you then, and in return, I have your undivided attention, araseo?" he teased. "Araseo," Heejin laughed. "I really missed hanging out with you, Byunghun-ah. Mianhae, if I haven't had enough time."
 
"It's fine-" "No it isn't," Heejin frowned. "I don't even want to be there, and yet I have no choice. At first it was out of concern, but now I'm just there because I'm scared that if I don't go there, I'll be the one suffering in the end. And I don't wanna get you guys involved too. Am I a bad person for that?"
 
L.Joe blinked at the sudden revelation. So, she's being forced to be where she is? He softened at her worried expression. L.Joe slowly put his hand on top of Heejin's, holding it tightly. "Hey." Heejin looked up, shocked to see L.Joe's kind eyes. Isn't he supposed to be mad at me? "You think I'd be mad, huh?" Heejin nodded. "I am mad," She flinched.
 
"...But not at you." What?
 
"I'm mad at whoever's causing you that kind of misery. I'm mad because that person is eating your time and making you so anxious all the time. And I'm mad that you think that you don't have a choice." L.Joe searched Heejin's eyes.
 
"You always have a choice, Heejin-ah. If you don't want to be there, then leave. If you can't take any more of the suffering, then don't. You don't have to suffer, Heejin-ah, you don't have to be sad."
 
"Byunghun-ah..."
 
"I know you don't want us -- me -- to get involved, but if I see you suffer like that one more time, you leave me no choice but to confront whoever it is making you suffer like that. I'm not gonna believe any more lies. Okay?"
 
"Why are you so nice to me?" Heejin whispered, her eyes b with tears.
 
L.Joe softly smiled, "Because I love you, remember?" He wiped the tear that escaped Heejin's eye, "Come on, let's finish this and go home. I know you wanna sleep."
 
The finally arrived home after an hour. It was already ten in the evening, and they were standing outside Heejin's house. "Good night, Byunghun-ah," she smiled. "Thank you for today."
 
"Come here," L.Joe opened his arms wide, and Heejin happily bounced in them, hugging him tightly. "If there's anything bothering you, tell me, araseo? That's what I'm here for."
 
"I will," Heejin smiled. The two stayed like that for a while longer.
 
"Oh? I just remembered," L.Joe finlly pulled away from the embrace and took out something from his pocket. "Here's your phone."
 
Heejin's face immediately fell at the sight of her phone, now afraid to open it. "Oh, y-yeah. H- Here's your ph-phone," she shakily got L.Joe's phone out of her pocket. "Here y-you go."
 
"Are you sure you're okay?" L.Joe held Heejin's cheeks.
 
"Yeah," she uncertainly smiled. "You go home now, okay?"
 
"A-Araseo," L.Joe straightened up and smiled at Heejin, "Call me if you need anything, araseo?"
 
"Araseo. Go home first." "Alright," L.Joe sighed. Heejin watched as he walked to his house. He waved at her one more time before going inside the house.
 
 
 
 
 
"Where have you been?" Heejin spun around, hoping she wouldn't see who was there, but she did.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
I just updated because I am happy :D
HELLOOOOOOO!!! :D
 
Well, are you guys happy after this chapter? :))))))
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@Seonriyong: Lock up Joon? :))))))) SARANGHAEEEE~
@lolmeowlol: HAHAHA still the hipster shipper I see =)))))
@StayLeeForever: Don't be frustrated anymore :D
@-vipboss: Be my guest =)))))))))))
 
I can sense the anger =)))))