Surprise Date

The Other Girl

 

The doorbell rang for the Nam residence that peaceful Saturday morning. They just finished their breakfast, and Mrs. Nam went to answer the door.
 
"Good morning Mrs. Nam," greeted a very chirpy-looking Joon. He really took time to clean himself up. "Is Heejin inside?"
 
"Oh, you're that Joon, aren't you?" Mrs. Nam smiled, though now, due to Heejin's initial reaction, she was guarded. "Do you need something from her?"
 
"Well, I was wondering if she wanted to go out with me today-"
 
A glass broke from inside the house. When Mrs. Nam turned around, she saw Heejin, standing wide-eyed, in front of her lay a broken vase. Joon peeked inside and when he saw Heejin, he immediately smiled and, forgetting his manners, rushed inside the house.
 
"Will you go out with me today?" he smiled, a bit too enthusiastically, not even noticing the broken vase in between the two of them.
 
"Uh..." Heejin looked around for some sort of divine intervention, but knowing that her parents would make her decide for herself, and seeing how enthusiastic Joon looked, she had no other choice but to say, "Okay, sunbae," she smiled a bit.
 
Joon lit up brighter than a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, "I'll wait for you outside."
 
 
 
"Are you sure you want to go out with this Joon character, Heejin-ah? You look forced," Mr. Nam said as he and Mrs. Nam watched Heejin get ready in her room.
 
"No," she smiled, making her parents laugh, "But did you see the way he smiled when I said yes, appa? I really am worried about him as a person, and if I can make him happy by going out with him, then..."
 
"You're so nice aga," Mrs. Nam sadly smiled, then thought of a brilliant idea. "Should we ask Byunghun to follow you around?"
 
 
 
 
 
Heejin went out of the house an hour later, looking all pretty in her sweater and pants. Joon immediately brightened up when he saw her, "Hi," he breathed.
 
"Annyeong, sunbae," Heejin flinched a bit, but tries not to let her uneasiness show. "W-Where are we going?"
 
"Just to Insadong," Joon assured her. "I'll bring you back before dinner."
 
Now a bit more relaxed, Heejin followed Joon to his car. He opened the door for her and she got in the passenger's seat. Joon closed the door and ran around to the driver's seat, giddily sitting down and starting the car. The two sped away to Insadong.
 
To: Byunghun
We're going to Insadong :) - Heejin
 
As soon as L.Joe got the text, he immediately got his jacket and left for Insadong, calling Niel on the way for some company.
 
 
 
Joon and Heejin arrived in Insadong a while later and they just started walking around, going to different stores and looking at all the things they sold. Joon wanted to buy a whole lot of things for Heejin, but she just politely refused everything, and made sure that he wouldn't secretly buy anything for her; she just didn't want to be unnecessarily indebted to him.
 
Meanwhile, L.Joe and Niel walked a few feet away from the two and continued to watch them, ready to intervene one Joon makes one wrong move. They waited outside the stores and looked through the glass, and move back when Joon and Heejin would leave to go to other stores.
 
"Does he really have no intention of letting Heejin go?" Niel asked L.Joe, but when he turned to look at him, he was staring at something else.
 
It was a necklace with a lone heart -- with a single diamond in the middle -- as a pendant, on display at the jewellry shop beside the shoe store Joon and Heejin were in. It looked simple and classy, but still sort of youthful. He looked lovingly, and longingly, at it. "Do you think Heejin will like this?" L.Joe asked no one in particular.
 
Niel gaped at L.Joe, and studied his expression. "Are you in love with Heejin?" he suddenly blurted out.
 
L.Joe looked imassively at Niel, then back at the necklace. "I thought everyone already knew that."
 
"No.We all think that you two are too close for comfort, but that's because you've been best friends ever since. You even met Heejin before you met us, and that's saying a lot. And we think you don't want Joon sunbae for her because you're concerned for her as a best friend. When did this all start?"
 
"That's still the reason why- They're leaving," L.Joe suddenly said, seeing Heejin and Joon go out of the store. The two went back to following them.
 
 
 
After a few more stores, the two finally went to have some lunch at a quiet cafe. A few seconds after Joon and Heejin sat down on their chair (and now looking at the menus), L.Joe and Niel inconspicuously walked in and settled on a table a bit farther from the two. They've all already made their orders.
 
"So," Niel placed his hands on the table, "you were saying? About Heejin?"
 
L.Joe sighed, "Anyone can see that she's not happy when she's with Joon sunbae. I mean, look at her right now," he waved his hand at their direction. Sure enough, Heejin looked uncomfortable as Joon told her all sorts of stories the other two can't really hear. "I'm not putting any selfish intent here; that's something Chanhee would do."
 
Niel chuckled, "Yeah, that's Chanhee's style. But you love her?"
 
"It happened naturally: we spent so much time together that I started falling for her, and imagining a future with her. And I know it's not simply because we're together all the time," he shrugged.
 
"Aren't you scared she'll fall for someone else if you don't move fast?"
 
"All I care about is that she's happy. Whether she'll be happy with me or with someone else she meets in the future, I'll support her." "Just not Joon sunbae, right?" Niel smiled knowingly.
 
"Nope, definitely not him," L.Joe chuckled.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Click NEXT :>