Can't Understand

The Other Girl

 

It was hard, but Heejin had finally pacified Joon after a few hours. He was already sound asleep in the guest room (since he trashed his own room). Cheondoong, Mir, and G.O started cleaning up Joon's room as Seungho took Heejin home.
 
"It was a long day, wasn't it?" Seungho stopped the car in front of Heejin's house.
 
"Ne, it was," Heejin unbuckled the seatbelt. "I'll go now, sunbae. Thank you for driving me home."
 
"I'm sorry I called you when you seemed so busy; we just didn't know what to do with Joon."
 
"No, it's fine," Heejin smiled, and got out the car. "Drive safely, sunbae," and she closed the car door to go in the house.
 
"Mianhae, hoobae; I never wanted it to be like this," Seungho sighed and drove away.
 
Heejin slowly opened the front door, and was surprised to see that the house was already dark and quiet, apart from some kind of instrumental. When Heejin peeked in the living room, she saw Yoomi and Teen Top, sleeping. Yoomi and Chunji were beside each other at one end of the couch, Niel was lying down on the other end, CAP was claiming an armchair, and the maknaes were on the floor. Her gaze fell on the empty lasagna and chicken platters that she had made that morning. At least they enjoyed the food, she softly smiled.
 
But someone was missing.
 
Where's Byunghun?
 
Heejin turned the TV off and looked around the first floor: the living room, dining room, kitchen, and even the bathroom; but there was no sign of L.Joe. She sighed, the looked at the stairs. Maybe... Heejin slowly walked up the stairs, careful not to make any noise that could wake up the others. She slowly entered her room, and there he was, reading the magazine she just bought a week ago.
 
"Why aren't you downstairs?" She went in her room and put her bag on her desk.
 
"Why did you leave?" L.Joe asked back.
 
Heejin flinched at L.Joe's hurt tone and looked down, "Mianhae... Don't be mad..."
 
L.Joe softened, I can't be mad at you... He set the magazine down and went to Heejin, hugging her tightly. "I'm not mad, you know that."
 
"But I'm still sorry..." Heejin hugged him back.
 
"Where did you go? Was it so important that you had to leave?" L.Joe whispered.
 
Heejin stiffened upon the question. I... I can't tell you. How can I tell you what's been going on when I don't understand it myself?
 
L.Joe felt Heejin stiffen in his arms. It's something bad. Something she can't tell me. How many secrets have you been keeping from me Heejin-ah?
 
"I- It's nothing..." It came out as a whisper.
 
Lies. "Are you sure?" Heejin nodded. He sighed, "I don't believe you."
 
"'But alright'?" Heejin hoped.
 
L.Joe heard the hope in Heejin's voice. He sighed, this is the last time. He nodded, "But alright."
 
They stayed like that for a while until Heejin yawned. L.Joe smiled, "Tired?" Heejin nodded, "Come on, let's get you to bed." L.Joe let go of the hug and lightly pulled Heejin to her bed, making her lie down. L.Joe was about to pull the blanket over Heejin's body when she grabbed his wrist.
 
"Sleep here?" she hoped.
 
L.Joe smiled and nodded, "Alright." Heejin beamed and moved to make space for him. L.Joe laid down beside Heejin, facing her. He put his arm under Heejin's head to use as a makeshift pillow and Heejin quietly snuggled up to him.
 
"Ah! I almost forgot," Heejin looked up at L.Joe, "Did you win?"
 
L.Joe grinned, "Fourth consecutive champions."
 
"Congratulations!" she gave him a tight hug. L.Joe chuckled and hugged her back, forgetting about what had happened. I'll let it slip this once, alright? The two soon fell asleep in that position.
 
Heejin suddenly woke up in the middle of the night when she felt her phone vibrate. She quietly sat up, making sure that she didn't wake L.Joe up, and answered the phone, "Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Dongsaeng?" a female voice answered.
 
Heejin's eyes widened, "H-Hyuna eonni?"
 
"Geurae, it's me. Can we talk?"
 
Heejin slowly got up and sat down on her chair, "Ne, of course, eonni. What is it?"
 
"I broke up with Joon, just this morning. Well, morning in Korea, at least," Hyuna said, obviously sad.
 
"J-Jinjja, eonni?" Heejin tried to sound surprised, but she knew it didn't work.
 
"You've heard..." It seemed more of a statement than a question. "From Joon oppa?"
 
"E-Eonni, I mean-"
 
"Please don't lie to me, dongsaeng," Hyuna sighed. "Has oppa been... calling you, for the past few weeks? Please tell me the truth."
 
"I-" Heejin sighed, not being able to lie, "The past few... months, eonni..." it came out as a whisper.
 
"WHAT?! HOW CAN-" Hyuna tried to calm herself down. "This is getting bad..."
 
"W-What is, eonni?"
 
"I can't even do anything about it anymore..." Hyuna said, as if talking to herself.
 
"Eonni?"
 
"I'll go now, dongsaeng, try to fix things. Sleep well," and Hyuna hung up.
 
What does Hyuna eonni mean? Heejin stared at her phone, willing Hyuna to call again. But she didn't.
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
Wanna know a secret?
The chapter title is like that because... even I can't understand what I just wrote.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
 
NO! I mean, I know what I wrote okay? :)) It just... came out weirdly, I'm sorry =))
And I just really wanna make you guys laugh because I know the chapters have been getting heavier :))
 
AND THE COMMENT COUNT PER UPDATE HAS BEEN GETTING HIGHER! YAY!! COMMENT MORE :D
 
The reason why Hyuna broke up with Joon... is coming soon :)) <-- OMG IT RHYMED!!! =))
I was supposed to include it in this chapter! But yeah, I didn't =)) So soon :))
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@piratess: HAHA I know right? :))
@FolderName: HAHA yeah, a nightmare :))
@lolmeowlol: HIPSTER HEEJOON SHIPPER!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was what was on my mind when I read your comment :)))))
@Seonriyong: Mianhae, saengie-ah~ But you knew it was coming~~ SARANGHAEEE~