Queenka

The Other Girl

 

"Did you get enough sleep?" L.Joe asked Heejin as they walked to school.
 
"Just a bit sleepy," Heejin looked at L.Joe and smiled, "I'll be fine, though. Keokjeong ma [don't worry]."
 
"You didn't sleep right away, did you?" he chuckled.
 
Heejin laughed with him, "I checked my bag again to see if all my things were complete. And I also played a bit on my phone."
 
"Aish, when will you learn that you have to sleep right away? Or should I stop going to talk to you?"
 
"Ani!" Heejin looked at L.Joe, "You know that if you want to talk to someone, I'm always here, geujji?"
 
"I do, babo," L.joe laughed and ruffled her hair. "Come on, let's not be late. I don't want Yoomi screaming in my ear again." The two arrived school right on time and they separated to their classes.
 
 
 
Heejin sat down her desk and took out her notebook and pencil case, ready to take down notes for the day's lesson. Since she and Yoomi weren't seatmates, she had a bit of quiet time before the start of class, only occassionally talking to her seatmate, Kyungsoo. [a/n: Yes, this is D.O of EXO-K. But he won't really be a significant character. I just needed a name for the seatmate, mian! :))]
 
Their professor came in and immediately started on the lesson. Since they already had the first day to themselves and discover the school, all their lessons immediately started today.
 
 
 
It was the class before lunch time and just as it started, Heejin was already feeling quite sleepy. No, Nam Heejin! You can't sleep! You have to be awake the entire time!
 
But even with the internal encouragement, she still found her eyes closing. AISH! WHY DID I HAVE TO PLAY THAT BEJEWELED GAME!!! Heejin raised her hand.
 
"Yes, Ms. Nam?"
 
"May I please go to the bathroom?" Heejin asked politely.
 
The teacher wrote something on a piece of paper. "Here's your hall pass. Return right away."
 
Heejin stood up, got the hall pass and bowed, making her way out of the room and to the bathroom. When she got to the bathroom, she immediately splashed cold water on her face.
 
"WAKE UP, NAM HEEJIN! YOU CANNOT FALL ASLEEP, DO YOU HEAR ME?!" She splashed her face again with cold water. When she looked up at the mirror, she was surprised to see a really pretty girl standing behind her, trying to stop her laughter as she looked at her.
 
"Omo!" Heejin spun around and bowed, "Joesonghamnida [I'm sorry]! I never knew that someone was in here as well!"
 
The pretty girl laughed a pretty laugh and waved her hand, "Aniyo, it's just that I was shocked to find someone encouraging themself to not sleep."
 
Heejin stood up straight again and rubbed the back of her head, "I was talking to my friend 'til late, you see."
 
"Ah," the pretty girl tapped her lips, "Namjachingu [boyfriend]?"
 
"ANIYO!" Heejin shook her head violently. "He's a guy, but the space between 'namja' and 'chingu' is very big!" She even made hand movements to emphasize her point.
 
The girl laughed again at Heejin's cuteness, "I like you already. Are you a freshman?"
 
Heejin beamed despite her embarrassment and nodded, "Nam Heejin-imnida! A freshman from class 1-2."
 
"Pangapda!" The girl smiled a really pretty smile. "Kim Hyuna-imnida. I'm a sophomore from class 2-1."
 
"Wah~ So smart~" Heejin said in awe.
 
"Aniya," Hyuna laughed. "We should get back to out classes now, don't we? Are you awake now, Heejin hoobae?"
 
Heejin beamed, "Ne, Hyuna sunbae!"
 
 
 
Heejin went back to her class, a lot more energetic after meeting such a nice and pretty sunbae. I thought she was going to be really rude because she was so pretty, but she's really nice! I thought she was going to be like those queenkas in those TV dramas or fanfics. Wah~ I just met a really nice sunbae!
 
Lunch time came and arm-in-arm, Heejin and Yoomi walked down the corridors to buy lunch. "What took you so long in the bathroom?" Yoomi laughed.
 
"I met a really nice sunbae," Heejin beamed. "She was really pretty and I thought she was snobby, but she wasn't! She's a really nice and pretty sunbae."
 
"Jinjja?!" Yoomi smiled, "What's her name?"
 
"Kim Hyuna sunbae," Heejin beamed.
 
"JINJJA?!" Yoomi's eyes went wide. "Kim Hyuna?"
 
"Mm," Heejin nodded, "Wae?"
 
"Hey~" the two looked up to see Teen Top walking over to them. The eight bought lunches and went to their now-hangout spot in the garden.
 
 
 
"Song Yoomi, have you found out the student heirarchy here?" Chunji laughed.
 
"YES!" Yoomi put her spoon up as if she's conquered Mount Everest. "I talked to my seatmate and the girl in front of me this morning and found out all about it!"
 
"So you're gonna tell us now, aren't you?" Changjo laughed.
 
"Well, duh," Yoomi rolled her eyes before starting. "Basically, there's two groups here in Seoul High: MBLAQ, the kingka group; and 4Minute, the queenka group! They have five members each and I heard that all of them are really awesome! They're all top students and some are even athletes!
 
"MBLAQ's leader is named Yang Seungho, a sophomore. He's a really scary person who's also in the student council!" Yoomi beamed and looked at Heejin, "You know that Mir guy from our class? He's also in MBLAQ!"
 
"JINJJA?" Heejin's eyes went wide. "So that's why he knows the place already."
 
"There's also Park Sanghyun, or Cheondoong. He's a freshman too!"
 
"Isn't that guy in out class?" CAP said. Ricky and Changjo nodded. "So that's why girls swarm around him."
 
"There's also Jung Byunghee, or G.O and I heard he lookss scary," Yoomi laughed. "But the most popular member in MBLAQ in Lee Joon. I heard his real name's Changsun but he just likes to be called Joon more. He's like, the jjang among the kingkas! He's really handsome, I heard, and smart, and he's the captain of the soccer team! They also said that he has a body to die for."
 
"I guess Yoomi sees us as total losers, doesn't she?" L.Joe tutted.
 
"I DON'T!" Yoomi defended, "But it's just awesome to hear of such people."
 
Heejin just laughed. "So who are the queenkas?"
 
"OH! 4Minute! I heard they're really really y and charismatic, but everyone loves them because they're nice! The leader is Nam Jihyun, a senior. She's in the student council with Seungho sunbae and I heard she's an amazing dancer! The other seniors are Heo Gayoon and Jeon Jiyoon. There are two sophomores: Kwon Sohyun and Kim Hyuna!"
 
Heejin blinked, "Kim Hyuna?! That's the sunbae I met this morning in the bathroom!"
 
"That's why I was shocked when you said her name! I heard she's the jjang in the queenkas: she's the one with the iest body and the cute aegyo. And she's captain of the volleyball team! And what's amazing is that she and Lee Joon are in a relationship!"
 
"The two best people from each group are going out?" L.Joe raised his eyebrow, "I guess they attracted each other."
 
"Or they forced each other to date so they'll be more popular," Ricky laughed.
 
Wah~ Heejin thought, I knew it! She's the perfect queenka! And I can't believe she's so so nice too! I can't wait to meet her again~
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
I thought I'd take this opportunity to explain that I'll be using the Korean educational system in this fic. Meaning that high school will only have three years :D
Why did I say that? Well, that would be useful information soon :)
 
And we're closer and closer to introducing Joon =)) If you guys are waiting for it, that is :))
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@Seonriyong: AHHHH~ Well, at least Thunder's here, isn't he? :)) SARANGHAEEEE~
@FrancesO: Yay! Thank youuu!! ^^