Paradise Hotel

The Other Girl

 

"Heejin-ah," L.Joe shook the girl awake. "We're here."
 
"Huh?" Heejin opened her eyes and slowly adjusted her sight to see L.Joe softly gazing at her with amused eyes.
 
"Come on; do you want the sun to set without you taking pictures of it?" he chuckled.
 
"WE'RE HERE?!" Heejin bounced up her seat and pushed L.Joe away to get out of the van, making him tumble over.
 
"Great," he mumbled. "Ouch." He rubbed his sore back as he caught up with Heejin.
 
Heejin had already run to the beach, her eyes sparkling like the clear blue water as the sun rays touched them. The beach had quite a lot of people along it, some of them just laying on their back and enjoying the sun, others splashing along in the sea. The sun was sitting above the horizon as it splayed its light, hitting everthing in its path. The clouds' outlines can be clearly seen, and it looked like there were diamonds floating on the water. "So pretty~"
 
L.Joe had brought along Heejin's bag and camera as he took pictures of the beach. He handed it to her when he got beside her. "Come on, it's not gonna look like that later."
 
Heejin happily took the camera from L.Joe and started taking pictures of the scenery in front of them. "It's really pretty, huh, Byunghun-ah?" she softly said.
 
"Yep," Byunghun looked at Heejin, "Really pretty," he smiled.
 
Heejin looked at him and smiled as well, "I can feel like this is gonna be a good summer, right?"
 
"As long all of us are together, it's gonna be an amazing summer," L.Joe smiled and took Heejin's hand. "Do you wanna stay here or you wanna check our rooms out?"
 
"Can we stay here until the sun sets, then go to our rooms?"
 
"Come on then," L.Joe tugged on Heejin's hand and the two of them walked along the beach.
 
 
 
Heejin took lots of photos during their walk: some of kids making sand castles; some groups of friends either in the sea or burying their friends in the sand; some couples -- young or old -- spending quality time together; and of course, pictures of the wonderful scenery in Paradise Hotel.
 
 
 
The two sat on the beach as the sun slowly set.
 
"Byunghun-ah," Heejin suddenly said. He looked at her. "I suddenly remembered when we first met," she smiled.
 
"Why did you suddenly remember that?" he chuckled, now remembering that day.
 
"I don't know, I just did."
 
 
 
"Where do you live, Heejin-ah?" an eight-year-old L.Joe asked.
 
"Hmm..." an eight-year-old Heejin with pigtails looked side to side, "That way!" she pointed to the left.
 
"I live that way too!" he beamed. "Come on, let's go together!"
 
The two little kids walked side by side as they talked all about their class that day.
 
"Do you really like lollipops?" Heejin curiously looked at L.Joe as he on his second lollipop since the start of their walk.
 
He took the lollipop out of his mouth, "Lollipops are good! Want some?" He took out a lollipop from his pocket. "I don't share with anybody, but since you're nice I'll give you one."
 
"Gomawo~!" Heejin happily took the lollipop and peeled off the wrapper, putting the treat in . "Ah! My house!" she stopped walking.
 
L.Joe stopped walking, took the lollipop out of his mouth, and looked at the house Heejin was pointing at, then the house beside it. Back and forth, he looked at the two houses in surprise.
 
"That's your house?" he blurted, pointing at the house Heejin's pointing at with his lollipop.
 
"Mhm! Why?" she blinked.
 
L.Joe pointed to the house beside it, "That's my house!"
 
"JINJJA?! WE'RE NEIGHBORS?!" Heejin happily squealed and jumped.
 
"Wahhhh~" L.Joe looked at Heejin and slowly beamed.
 
"WE'RE GONNA BE THE BESTEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD!!!" Heejin happily jumped and hugged L.Joe.
 
 
 
"And here we are now," L.Joe laughed.
 
"I'm really glad I have you in my life, Byunghun-ah," Heejin beamed. "I can't imagine not waking up every night to your tapping on my window."
 
"And I can't imagine not going to your house at night to climb and sit on my favorite tree and talk to you until you get sleepy," he smiled.
 
"I'm hungry," Heejin suddenly said.
 
L.Joe laughed out loud, "Way to ruin our moment, Nam Heejin."
 
"But I am!" she frowned. "Aren't you?"
 
"I am," he laughed. "Come on, let's go to the barbecue." Hand in hand, the two walked back to the hotel to get ready for their family barbecue.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Click NEXT :>