Finale

Only You

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kris, that’s not funny! Give it back!” You plead as Kris stretches a long arm far above your head so you can’t reach the phone he had in his grasp.

“Just as soon as I read this text…” Kris said, struggling to stay still long enough to read what was on the screen.

You had just screamed after reading yet another raucous text from Yuri (‘Have you him yet?’) and Kris had grabbed your phone to see what had caused the noise.

Suddenly, you hear the alert of a new message arriving, and praying feverishly that it wasn’t Yuri, you lunge for the phone again.

Kris goes still and tosses you the phone. You fumble with it for a second before reading the already-opened message.

It wasn’t from Yuri, but from Chen.

Hey! Wat r u up to?

You look up and playfully stick your tongue out at Kris, then quickly punch in,

nthn much, u?

You wander off with your phone, leaving Kris to ponder the mystery of the chicken or the egg on his own.

do you remember when we first met?

You vaguely remember it, but upon reading the message, your mind flashes back to the first time you met Kris.


"What are you doing?!" You gasp.
He smirks. You're pretty sure you've never seen him genuinely smile before.
"Hey, I helped you. Gotta get something in return, right?" He winks.


You sigh loudly. So much had changed since then. So much had gone wrong between you and Kris. So much had come to light. So much you had learned about Kris since then. So much Kris had changed since then.

At first he had been playing, then serious (or as serious as he was going to get at the time), and then distanced. An emotional roller coaster was probably the best way to describe your relationship. With a blush, you remember the first time he had kissed you…in a more serious manner.


He pulls his lips across your cheek and down to your lips. "Or this," he says against your mouth.


You had gotten into a lot of trouble afterwards, but in some ways it had been worth it.

Except for the beating. And the ignoring. And the overall cold shoulder from Kris afterwards.
 

Kris throws a wink to Soo-Hee. We're nothing more. I don't even know who she is!" He continued, laughing,


With a start, you remember when Kris had come to your door, looking for a place to stay. Had that been before or after you made up?
 

"I think I'll stay here for awhile."
You continue to hold your stare. 
"You...what?" You say slowly.
"I was kicked out, so I'm staying here." Kris states simply.

 

Kris hadn’t really been kicked out, had he? ‘In a sense’, he had said. Had he really been kicked out, or was he just looking to move to another place? To keep himself from thinking about Krystal?

But…he had stayed here for awhile. Had Kris mentioned how long he stayed in one place? Maybe he was forgetting Krystal. Maybe he was working on getting over her, and he was staying at your house because of that. Or maybe you just caused a big enough distraction for him.
 

"Love...only...me..." He says, his head drooping with every word. He kisses your collarbone. "Krystal." He whispers, then collapses on top of you.


Or not. You couldn’t quite figure out whether that was the best or the worst memory you had of Kris. You had been through a lot because of Kris, and as strange as it sounded, you didn’t really want that to change.


You step back and survey the aftermath of your disaster. Then your eyes widen.
Money. Bills and bills upon bills of money.

 

That was only one example of when Kris had put you through a bit of hell. Had that been the money he got from Tao? Did he still accept money from Tao? Kris had mentioned that he thought he knew who sent the money. Was it someone he knew well?

Perhaps an old ‘customer’ of his?

You cringe at the thought.
 

"I started selling myself."

 

What Kris was putting you through now, must’ve been nothing compared to what he had been through. Which, of course, he had mentioned when you first ‘met’.
 

"...Maybe because you were off living in a fantasy world where you're absolutely untouched by what I've been through."



He had never liked doing it. But he had known about it. What were the odds of that?
 

"I had a lot of experience already..." He trails off when he catches sight of your look on your face. "Not like that! It's not-! No, I-...it's one of the reasons I left home..."


And why had Kris left home? If it had something to do with his job, did that mean he already…not at 11 years old! Was his family...?

But that wasn’t the only thing that had hardened Kris.


"Belonged? Belonged to Krystal? Why, she fleeing the country?" Kris asked angrily, staring at the ground where the man couldn't see the tears burning to fall.
"Uh, no, mister," the man says quietly. "See, Krystal Jung died in a car accident awhile ago."


The death of someone he had truly loved, so soon after he first learned to love. You couldn’t even begin to comprehend how he would’ve felt. The death of somebody extremely close to you -in that sense-, was a completely foreign concept.

Kris suddenly appears in your doorway, and you abruptly feel guilty for thinking so personally about him. You desperately hope your thoughts don’t show on your face.

“Hey…do you have a license?” Kris asks randomly.

"Why?"

"Do you?" Kris repeats.

“Um…kindanotreally. Why?”

“Oh, no reason,” Kris says smiling to himself.

He practically floats out of the room, and you sit there staring at your phone for a moment, wondering what had gotten into him.

Then it hits you.

“KRIS, YOU CANNOT TOUCH ANY OF THE CARS IN THE GARAGE!!!”

 

 


No, i don't remember~

 


...the end? To be continued? Lol a bit of both.

First of all, a HUUUUGE THANK YOU to everyone who stuck by this story, even if you were new. Its been a short five-ish months, and lots of waiting in between updates recently, but thank you for continuing to read and support me and this story.

if you have been a silent reader, now would be the perfect time to either run away and never remember this, or leave a (long) comment about how you felt or something. Idk, its not homework though so relax :P

and OKAYOHMYGAWD I just looked at the English translation for the song I posted above (I swear, I have never understood it, I just knew it shared the same name as my story. :3) just read along with the song, its exactly how I pictured Kris's feels for Krystal ...except he couldn't cry over her picture anymore cause you took it and ripped it up.
-cough- (we can pretend the English part is Kris xD)

I always planned what I would say when this ended,  but i can't remember any of it now, and its not the complete end.

but anyways, subscribe to The Other Side, because that is the sequel where EVERYTHING IS REVEALED. EVERY. LAST. SECRET. And ChenChen comes back with another plot twist. And I'm like, down 170 subscribers on that compared to this :P 
Sequel (The Other Side) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/252632

 

So again, thank you everyone, check out the sequel, stay subscribed to me for more plotty stories, and have a good night! Have a safe trip back from EXOPLANET! :D