The Kris Story

Only You

“You sold yourself…as in…” You trail off slowly.

Kris shrugs. “I’m not going to say I’m completely ashamed of what I did, because I did what I had to do to survive. But I will say that I absolutely hated it. Even before I started.”

Your mind seems to have stopped processing what Kris was saying. “You were…13?” You ask.

“Hey, nobody knew that’s how old I really was. I think I always looked older than I really was, but living on the streets really ages you. I was no kid.” Kris replies without hesitating.

“But…how did you know about…that? At 13?” You blush, embarrassed by your own question.

Kris laughs. “I had a lot of experience already…” He trails off when he catches sight of the look on your face. “Not like that! It’s not-! No, I-…it’s one of the reasons I left home. But-,” he continues as you open your mouth to speak, “-it’s a long story. That I might tell you. Maybe one day. When it doesn’t matter to me anymore. When I can’t care less.”

You open your mouth to argue again, and Kris cuts you off. Again.

“Or when it matters the most.”

A comfortable silence fills the space between you, and a million questions run through your head.

What did this have to do with Krystal? Did Kris end up alright after he sold himself? How did he end up here then?

“I know I said I would tell you about Krystal, and she is a part of the story. A huge part. She’s like…the author of ‘Kris’ Story’.” Kris has gone back to gazing at the moon, an action he tended to do when talking about Krystal.

“Why isn’t Kris the author of ‘Kris’ Story’?” You ask tentatively.

“Because ‘Kris’ was basically a figment of Krystal’s imagination come to life.” Kris says somewhat dreamily. “Kris was my new persona. But I think I’ve already skipped to the end of the story…”


so I'm back! Anyone miss me? So we're finally getting to know the Kristal history... Stay tuned for the next chapter! 

(random btw, when I was at my cousins house, I realized their house was exactly the kind of house I imagined the girl to live in. Well, mostly the front parlor area. I took some pictures, but I have yet to upload them... Promise I'll do it as soon as I get to an actual computer!)