Sickness

Only You

 

“You’re sick.” You spit out the last word like it was poison.

It was the third time Kris had sneezed through breakfast. He shrugs.

“Not really. I…tend to sneeze a lot.” He keeps his eyes on his plate.

Your eyes narrow. “I’ve never seen anyone sneeze this much, let alone if they were sick or not.”

Kris ignores you, his fork suddenly clattering onto his empty plate.

“I’ll head to school first, then.” He says, putting his plate in the sink.

You continue to eat, speaking between bites. “What do you even do at school?”

He shrugs again. “It’s a…fun place for doing…exciting things.”

You frown; this was the first time you had heard anyone describe school like that before. You brush it aside and continue, “What are we going to do at school then?”

“I don’t know you, and you don’t know me.” Kris sneezes as he leaves the kitchen.

You stare after him. Within a couple of minutes he’s out the door, without so much as a goodbye.

Turning back to your breakfast, you’re hit with an unforeseen realization.

Your plate is empty. When had that happened?

 

School is boring. As usual. Chen seems to have regained all his senses, and all your friends are back to normal. You don’t exchange even a glance with you-know-who.
You spend your time doodling in the margins of your notebooks and consequently borrowing notes off your friends.

 

Kris sneezes. Yet again. It’s starting to bug you, so you scour your house for medicine. When he arrives, he goes straight up to the guest bedroom you assigned to him without a word (but plenty of coughing).

You climb onto the countertop to search the highest shelves of your kitchen for any type of remedy whatsoever. Nothing.

You look inside the fridge, the freezer, behind the microwave, and in the mysterious grey cabinet in the garage, hoping to find at least pain killers.

No such luck.

It had been a while since you had come down with a sickness; so naturally, you had no medicine around the house.

Sighing heavily, you grab your coat -and an umbrella- and head out into, yet another, rainy night. 


[This was more of a filler chapter than an actual chapter with a plot...]

Wah! Thanks so much for all your support guys!!! 

I think comments went from 9% to about 15-18% now~
>.< I knew you guys cared! I felt so happy when I came and checked out all the comments~
Sometimes, I check it before school and then I feel really happy, knowing people care about what I write :D

Truthfully, in Toronto right now it's 5:20 AM, so I'm going to post another chapter later on today :P
(So no preview...actually last chapter's preview is next chapter's preview because it was supposed to be a long chapter, but I cut it :P)