Phone Call

Only You

 

There’s an annoying ringing sound coming from far away. The world is dark...until you open your eyes, that is.

In front of your eyes, are Kris’ closed ones. Your legs are wrapped around his, and his arms are enveloped around you. You blink repeatedly, and then remember what had happened last night.

Blushing, you squirm in Kris’ tight grip. He exhales heavily into your face. His breath smells sweet. It’s unfair, because your breath probably smells…much worse.

The ringing sound continues, and you realize it’s your phone. It’s somewhere on the ground, having fallen out of your pocket as you slept.

“Kris…” You mumble. “Lemme go…”

You wriggle around a bit more, and Kris loosens his grip in his sleep.

Success! You reach over the bed for your phone, and almost fall off. Kris worms an arm back around your waist, and reels you in. You quickly grab your phone and answer the call.

“Hullo?” You say groggily.

The voice on the other side is far too awake and chirpy for your liking this early in the morning.

you!!! Do you know what time it is?!”

“Is…this some new form of marketing…?”

“It’s me! Yuri! Wake up! It’s already one in the afternoon! There’s a break in between classes right now, so I’m calling you. I meant to call before, but…” She drones on and on while your brain still slowly processes the first bit of information.

“It’s…what-aah!” Trying to block out your sound, Kris turns over in his sleep. Unfortunately, he rolls right on top of you.

"Uhh... get off me!"

“Um, you, are you okay?” You hear the tinny voice coming out of your phone, but you can barely breathe, let alone hear her.

“Kris, get off of me!” You scream into the phone.

You hear a sharp intake of breath on the other line, but you’re still not completely awake enough to register it.

Kris finally seems to be waking up. He puts a hand on either side of you and pushes himself up. His mouth falls open slightly, and he falls back down next to you.

“Why is it so cold?” He whines, sitting up. He looks down at himself, and then shoots you a glare. “Where’s my shirt?” He asks coldly.

You glare back. “It’s on the floor…somewhere.” You reply coolly.

He looks over the side of the bed, and snatches up his shirt. Pulling it over his head, he reaches over again and pulls the comforter off the ground. Wrapping it around himself, he falls back down and goes to sleep.

You hit the thick bundle of cotton that he is now. “Kris, get up! School already started! Isn’t there an alarm in this room? Why didn’t you set an alarm? Where is the alarm clock in this room? Don’t tell me you threw it out an- Kris, get up!”

As you were ranting, Kris was only burrowing himself further into the blankets. You hit him, but to no avail. The layers of cloth in between you and Kris were probably at least 10 centimetres thick.

“Fine!” You give up. “Fail school! I don’t care. Quite frankly, it’s a mystery to me as to how you got this far in school anyways. Wait a sec’, you’re…hmm…in…the 3rd grade, right? So you graduate next year? Wah, really? It's a wonder...” You sit there, pondering Kris’ future for a moment.

Then you hit him once more and jump out of bed.

I’m going to school!” You inform him.

No response.

Shrugging, you pick up your phone and put it to your ear, walking out of the room.

“Uhh…you, do I want to know?” You’re surprised when Yuri speaks again.

“Huh? Why?”

“What are you doing…with Kris at this time?”

“Oh…he’s-” Your eyes widen. “Shoot, you heard?”

“You were kind of screaming.”

“Well, it’s kind of a long story, but-”

“You know what? It’s okay. It’s your business whether you’re…ahem…doing stuff with Kris or not. So I’m not going to ask. But seriously, the boy is messing with your school schedule now, and that’s just not acceptable.”

“What? No! You’ve got it all wrong! He and I, we’re not…I…he’s just…” You sigh, giving up on explaining.

“I’ll tell you at school.” You groan.

 


haha, not much action in this chapter...but I got in Kris' lazy-don'twannawakeup attitude~

I feel like we're all friends having conversations whenever I see all your comments...
speaking of comments, everybody seemed to LOVE y Kris last chapter! xD
(don't worry, there'll be plenty more in the future...)

Comments = Love = Updates!

Chapter 22 Preview: "If this is what fate planned for us, then let it be."