What the Rainfall Brought

Only You

 

                After you graciously accept Mrs. Kim’s tea offer –or at least, drink what she refused to let you leave without– you head back home.

At some point during your walk, the rain starts.

It comes down in buckets, soaking into your hair and through your clothes. By the time you get home, you’re absolutely drenched. Your bag is a lost case; you had tried to use it as a shield against the rain, but to no avail.

At long last, you arrive at your comforting home. You skip up the steps two at a time, and then reach for your keys. You try to shove them into the lock, but you’re shivering and you drop the keys repeatedly.

“Argh, I think Mrs. Kim’s clumsiness was contagious…” You mutter to yourself as you bend down to pick up the keys. Finally hearing the click, you push your door open and go inside.

You go straight to a closet and reach for a towel. You throw it over your head, trying to soak up the rainwater. Then you go to the washroom and attempt to wring the water out of your bag –after emptying it of course.

The water slowly trickles out, one drop at a time. Giving up, you decide to take a shower.

You jump in and turn the water as hot as it’ll go. You let yourself be steamed in the small area and scrub yourself until your skin is raw. Just as you’re getting out, you hear the doorbell ring.

“WHY?!” You scream through the haze at the ceiling. “Why does this always happen to me?!”

You run to the front door -with only a towel wrapped around you-, and peer through the peep hole. It’s still raining hard, you note, and you can see nothing but a tall dark shadow.

“God, that’s creepy.” You think.

Then you yell through the door, “One moment, please!”

You run back up the stairs, throwing your towel aside, and to your room. You quickly grab a matching set of thick pyjama pants and a sweater... just to be on the safe side. You don’t want a repeat of what had happened with Chen.

Finally, you run back to the stairs, trip on the first one, fall down the rest, and scramble to the door. Keeping the chain on, you crack open the door.

The person suddenly pushes the door, and it bounces back, restrained by the bolt. You jump back for a second, and the person on the other side mirrors you.

“What the hell?” You hear. You groan inwardly; you would know that voice anywhere. It was one you were trying very hard to forget. Your sneaking suspicions are confirmed when Kris’s face appears in the crack of the door.

"Why does nighttime always bring me troubled boys?" You ask yourself, looking up at the ceiling.

you! Let me iinn~” He sings.

“Is he drunk? What the…”

You blink, dumbfounded, your hands automatically reaching for the lock. The door slides open slowly, gaining momentum, and then hits the wall behind it.

You jump a little at the small noise, and Kris shoves past you, invading your humble abode. As he presses past you, you become conscious of the fact that he’s soaked to the skin. He stands in your foyer, looking around as if he’d never seen it before, completely oblivious to the puddle of water forming at his feet.

He sets down his bags –you realize with a start that he has one large duffel bag and a backpack- and with a quick shake of his head that sprays you lightly with water, he leans over and takes off his shoes.

“Sorry about that.” He says casually.

You continue to stare. Why was he here again?

Kris seems to read your mind.

“I suppose you’re wondering why I’m here…?”

You nod.

Kris nods back, and his eyes roam over the hall, flitting from the chandelier hanging above your heads to the fancy paintings on the walls.

"Fitting. I think I'll stay here for awhile." 


 

-sob- I'm so sorry for not updating! It was eating me alive, but so was EXO.
I was so busy...fangirling/spazzing over the weekend, EXO eating/breathing/walking/ENJOYINGTHEMSELVESATDISNEYLAND
and was too busy crying over the fact that they're not in Toronto T^T

Please continue to love this story! Comments = Love = Updates
(I had like...7 new comments last time...I mean it guys, I really do pay attention to your comments! >.<)

In replacement of a chapter preview...

-insert more pathetic sobbing-