Rethinking or Overthinking?

Only You

“How many times can one oversleep before one needs no more sleep?” Kris smart-alecks from the foot of the stairs.

You glare at him as you run across the second floor, from the bathroom to your bedroom.

“How many times can one wake up without an alarm before turning into an alarm?” You yell back hurriedly. Kris ponders it for a moment as you try to jam both feet into one sock. 

“Hey, that didn’t make sense!” He yells up the stairs.

“It means shut up, Kris!” You call back, throwing your hairbrush in your bag.

You skid across the floor in your socks, then jump down the stairs. “I’m ready!” You pant, looking up at his effortlessly beautiful face.

It had already been a week and a half since Chanyeol had left…and a week since you had learned who Krystal was. 

You had tried to bring it up again but every time you did, Kris seemed to suddenly go deaf and feel the need to (very loudly) insult your choice of facial moisturizer. 

you, those are my shoes,” Kris reminds you as you slip your feet into a pair of oversized basketball shoes.

“Oh, right…” You say distractedly, easily stepping out of the footwear. 

Kris sighs, reading your mind. “If you really want to know more, come by my locker after school.”

“Oh, you mean the one you never actually use?” You remark, shutting the door behind you.

Kris slaps the back of your head gently. “Yes, that one.” 

Then he picks up his pace, taking strides much too large for you to keep up with, leaving you to roll your eyes and trudge slowly after him.

 

You had decided to pack a lunch for Kris and yourself today (which was actually the main reason you were late that morning). As you open your bag, you realize you have both lunch boxes. Normally, you would just leave it. But you wanted Kris to know that you had put time into making these (and not just overslept, like he thought), so you stand up.

“Guys, I need to-!” You suddenly realize that Jinyoung is practically sitting on Chen’s lap. “Whoa, what are you doing?” You blurt.

Yuri laughs. “You are sooooo slow, you!” 

Jinyoung lets out a giggle. 

“Wait, what?! What, you guys are dating now or something?” You say, trying to sound disinterested, and failing miserably.

“Yes!” Jinyoung chirps, entwining her fingers with Chen’s.

You feel a pang of jealousy. Would Kris ever want to be more than just…the awkward stage of ‘more than friends but less than lovers’ that you were at now? With a sigh, a sudden fact hits you.

“Hey! Wait a minute, Jinyoung was born in May, and Chen in September!” You chuckle to yourself. “That means she’s older than you, Chen!” You break out into hysteric giggles while Yuri eyes you strangely. 

Chen raises an eyebrow at you. “I like me some noonas.” He grins, sticking his tongue out at you.

“But-…but I was born in December…” You say to yourself, then mimic Chen’s childish action. “Chen, you fail! And keeping this a secret from me! You’re such a troll!”

“Hey, it wasn’t a secret! You just didn’t notice!” Jinyoung protests. “And besides,” Chen interjects, “I’m pretty sure that’s not the right way to use the word ‘troll’.”

You roll your eyes at him, then pull your legs out from underneath the table.

“Anyways, I need to go give this to Kris. See you guys later!” You raise a hand in farewell, but Yuri interrupts your departure.

“Speaking of relationships, how are you and Kris doing?” 

Three pairs of eyes around the table swivel around to stare at you in anticipation of your next words. 

“I-…we’re-…”

“Is he still staying at your place?”

“SHHH! Not so loud, Yuri!” You almost jump across the table at her. “If anyone hears us, I’m done for!” You hiss. You think over her question. “To be honest, I don’t think we’ll ever be ‘official’,” You sigh. “And yes, he’s still staying at my place.”

Yuri’s eyes widen. “Have you slept with him yet?”

You roll your eyes again. “Yeah, like the first-…wait, WHAT?!” You suddenly choke on your spit, coughing loudly.

“Have you slept with him yet?” Yuri repeats loudly.

You launch yourself at her, slapping a hand over . You glance around shiftily, at all the people staring at the strange scene unfolding before them.

We have done NO. Such. Thing.” You hiss. 

Quickly straightening up, you pick up the bag of food again. 

“See you later,” you nod curtly, then turn on your heel and walk out of the cafeteria.

 


Okay, horrible filler chapter. And yes, I know I keep saying I`m unable to update, but I keep using my phone, or my dad`s laptop, or a tablet, and just-...if I ever suddenly go missing, you`ll be prepared. Maybe. 

Another double update today because I hate this ^ chapter...I find it so horribly written. T^T

AAANNNDD also, this story is turning out to be waaayyy longer than I thought it would be, so in order to complete it, I'll definitely make a sequel (not for another 10 chapters at the least though) so just be prepared to subscribe to that...