Enter, Great Panda

Only You

“Where, oh where, oh, where is Kri-is?” You sing softly to yourself, going mute every time someone passed you. You wander past the school garden, (“Could he be he-ere?”) and head towards the parking lot (“Or he-ere!”). 

He was nowhere in sight. 

“I made you food, least you could do is take it,” you grumble to yourself. You turn back to the school, deciding to go around the back lot. Just as you turn the corner, you see Kris -and Tao.

You quickly duck back behind the wall, peering around it to see what was happening.

Tao’s long fingers are wrapped tightly around Kris’ forearms, holding Kris’ back to the school wall.

“You know what happened last time, Kris! I will not let this happen in front of me.” Tao says quietly.

“Then it won’t happen in front of you.” Kris replies calmly. 

“It is not…happening, is it? I swear-!”

“It’s not.”

“You…do not love her?” Tao says slowly.

“No. I told you, and you know it too. I…I’m probably still in love with her.” Kris responds.

“Probably?” Tao shrieks, breaking his mask of calm. 

Kris looks Tao straight in the eye. “I am in love with Krystal.” He enunciates each word clearly. “No matter how much I want..to... hate her... for-…” 

There is an awkward silence that fills the air, which Kris breaks.

“Are you happy now? I won’t get hurt, so get off my back.” He pushes Tao away and eyes the ground warily.

Tao’s hands drop to his sides.

“By the way, he is still not better. Will you not go and see him?”

Kris’ lip curls upwards. “I’ll only go see him when I have something to rub in that bastard’s face.” He bangs his fist back against the wall once (“Ouch, dammit!”).

“I don’t care about him, alright Tao?”

Tao nods swiftly once, then looks up and catches your eye. He looks back to Kris quickly.  “You do not love you?”

“No, Tao, I already told you that.” Kris sighs, then inspects his hand. “Think it’ll bruise?” He asks, holding it out to a smirking Tao.

You don’t stick around any longer.

 


“I will not cry, I will not cry.” You chant to yourself as your hands curl into fists. You storm back into the school. 

Sure, you knew Kris didn’t love you, but it still hurt a whole lot to actually hear him say it aloud. Just as the bell goes, you feel a hand grab your arm and pull you around.

“Kri-!” You start, then go silent, your eyes widening. 

From this close, you felt absolutely terrified of him. You could almost see the waves of death emanating off of him. His black hair flopped into his eyes, and he ran a quick hand through it.

“I d-didn’t see an-anything,” you stutter, visibly frightened.

Tao eyes the small crowd around you, and then pulls you outside, to the same place he was with Kris just moments earlier.

“Please don’t hurt me, please don’t hurt me,” you whimper quietly.

“You do know that I am younger than you, right?” 

Your eyes fly open. “What?” 

“You are sixteen, yes? I am of a mere fifteen years old.” Tao says calmly.

“I-I’m turning 17 soon,” you say bravely.

Tao glares at you and you flatten yourself against the wall, wishing you could just disappear.

“Don’t push it,” he growls quietly.

You nod silently.

“Do you know why you are here?” 

You shake your head quickly, “Is this about your talk with Kris before?”

Tao smirks evilly and you feel like dying. 

“Please, hurry up and kill me so I don’t have to stare into your murderous eyes!” You pray silently.

“Looks can be deceiving,” Tao interrupts your idiotic chant.

You blink at him, and he narrows his eyes at you. 

You want to melt into the ground and become one with the decaying organisms in the soil.

“Stay away from Kris,” he says. “Or else.” 

You shudder involuntarily. “Or else…what?” You ask quietly.

“I believe you do not want to find out unless you are unfortunate enough to ignore my warning.” Tao says boredly.

You swallow hard and nod. This was worse than Kris’ group of violent fangirls. Tao wasn’t hurting you physically, he was messing with your mind!

As you stare ahead numbly, Tao turns and walks out of your vision. 

“But Kris comes looking for me,” you protest weakly. 

You then turn shakily and head inside to your classroom. Better late than never.

 


Well, see you maybe next time!
[Btw, does that answer your question, happyhappy? \(^o^)/]

Comments = Love = Motivation = Happiness = Motivation = Updates! :D

[you guys seriously don't know how happy I was last time to go through all your comments! It was like...13 comments? LOL so many view and so little comments...OTL Saranghaeyo, yeorobeun! ^_^]

AND OMG, MRSLEESUNGYEOL I HAVE YOUR NAME DOWN! WAEE ARE YOU SO GOOD AT FIGURING OUT ALL THESE SUBTLE HINTS?!