The Past Appears

Only You

Your lives become parallel after the incident. You continue to reside in the same house -Kris didn't seem to have enough shame (or courage) to leave-, but you only interact with his belongings. And that too, just barely. Until the day that blows your Kris-knowledge out of proportions.

 

You've just come home from school.

Kris has yet to arrive, you note, observing the absence of his shoes by the door.

You start up the stairs to your room when suddenly, 'RIIIING! RIIING!'

You groan. It sounded like an alarm clock. You jump up the stairs to your room, heading straight for your bedside table.

Just as you crouch by the table, you realize your alarm clock is perfectly silent.

Frowning, you follow the annoying chime down the hallway...straight to Kris' bedroom door.

You stop in front of it, hesitating. Should you go in, should you not?

On one hand, it was an invasion of privacy. On the other, it was your house, and therefore still your bedroom. There was no privacy to invade at all!

You push the door open. The room was pretty much how it was when you had first given it to him. With the exception of that irritating noise.

It seemed to be coming from the closet. You roll your eyes. Leave it to Kris to put his alarm clock in the closet.

You walk over to it and pull the door open and-

“AH!” You cry.

You cover your head with your arms as a large, heavy photo album falls from the top shelf, spilling its contents across the floor. You step back and survey the aftermath of your blunder. Then your eyes widen.

 

Money. Bills and bills upon bills of money.

 

You start to tremble.

Confession time: even though you were considered 'rich' by some, you had never really been around much cold, hard cash.

You hear the front door open downstairs. It does nothing to help your nervousness.

Your hands start to shake even more as you drop to your feet, frantically scrambling to stuff the money back into the album.

Just as you pick up the hollowed-out book, you notice a photo lying on the bottom. You can't ignore it; your curiosity gets the better of you.

You watch yourself as your hand reaches inside -against your will- and pulls out the picture. You don't feel in control of your body anymore. You see yourself, as if from afar, take the picture between trembling hands, study it for a moment, then promptly tear it piece to piece.

Then you watch yourself turn, wide-eyed, and gawk at Kris -who conveniently walks through the door as you stuff the remnants of the picture deep into your pocket.

His face shows no emotion, but you hear the anger in his voice when he speaks.

“What. Are you doing in here?” His voice is cold and hard.

The clock conveniently stops ringing as it falls through the air and hits you on the shoulder, hard.

You cringe.

“That.” You say.

Kris' mouth hardens into a straight line.

“K-...” You can't bring yourself to say his name. You look back at the money splayed across the floor.

“What is this?” You say, eyes trained on the photo album. You don't look up when you hear Kris' voice again, loud and clear.

“Get out.”

You don't need telling twice.


So...it's not exactly the whole ' going down' that most people predicted, but it's still something big.
Btw, thanks for all your love! :D

:O So what was that picture of? Hmmm....
Stay tuned! And of course...

Comments = Love = Updates (= Knowing what the photo was)!!

almiraaloove: On the contrary, I'm kind of glad it did, because it means I'm getting the feelings across properly...but I'm sorry your heart is broken :(

 

Chapter 27 Preview: 'Wait, they weren’t married, were they?'