True Feelings

Only You

 

A few weeks later...

You're leaving the school with Chen when you realize you've forgotten your cell phone in your desk. 
 
"You go ahead without me!" You call to Chen as you turn back to your classroom. You think you hear him say something in return, but you don't quite hear.
 
You run up three flights of stairs to your classroom, cursing the absence of elevators in your school. You throw open the classroom door and then lurch to a stop in the dark room. 
 
Someone is sitting at your desk with their head down. You walk slowly and quietly towards the stranger, and before you even reach your desk, you know who it is.
 
Kris is sleeping -snoring softly- with your cell phone clutched tightly in his hand.
 
You kneel down next to your desk and put your chin on your desk. You always knew he was handsome, but you never had a chance to completely admire his inhuman facial features.
 
You air-trace his face, keeping your fingers a centimeter away from his skin at all times. You trace his long, straight nose and his perfect lips. You trace one eye -the other was covered by his arm- and his eyebrow. You finger his multiple ear piercings and your fingers stray back to his lips. You yearn to touch him, you're so close and yet so far. You reach out a bit more, and just as you touch his lips, his hand grabs your wrist.
 
You're so shocked, you almost scream. He had obviously predicted this too, and within another second, he is standing behind you, one hand clamped firmly across your mouth and one holding your wrist. Your cell phone clatters loudly to the ground, unsupported. Your heart rate goes up a few levels, reaching a frenzied overdrive mode. You stifle a gasp and after a couple silent moments, Kris releases you. He slowly backs away and you do the same.
 
You breathe out slowly. There are a couple more seconds of awkward silence, and then he takes two large strides and presses his lips to yours. 
 
At first you're shocked, but then you kiss him back. You hadn't realized your emotional imbalance until it comes flowing out in the form of tears.
 
Kris wipes them off your face with his thumb. "It's okay, I'm here." He whispers soothingly.
 
You lock your arms around his neck. "No, its not." You sob into him. "It's not." You continue saying as he murmurs something incomprehensible against your lips. You pull away for a moment then, to drink him in.
 
His warm brown eyes are focused only on you. "I'm sorry." He whispers. He lightly touches a scar on your cheek that has yet to heal. "I'm so sorry." He folds you into his arms, hugging you so tightly that your face is buried in his chest. "I thought I was making things better for you, I'm sorry." You nod into his warm embrace, choosing to live in the moment for now. 
 
Your tears subside and you're left sniffling into Kris' shirt. "Sorry, I think I ruined your shirt." You say, but you're voice is muffled as Kris hugs you even tighter. "It's okay." He mutters. 
 
You then kiss him lightly, but he deepens the kiss. He swipes his tongue across your upper lip, and you shudder.
 
Backing away again, you look into his eyes, breathing hard. He looks directly into yours, with a gaze so deep you feel as if he's seeing into your soul. You blink then, breaking the moment.
 
You shake your head, and he releases you from his tight grip. He seemed embarrassed at his emotional outburst, but you couldn't quite tell in the dim light. He reaches behind him and pulls his jacket off of your chair, then reaches down and picks up your cellphone.
 
"This what you came back for?"
 
You nod silently. He gives it to you and you tuck it into your bag. 
 
"So...now what?" You ask him.
 
He smirks. "Wanna go back to my place?" He asks with a wink. You smack his arm playfully as the two of you leave the classroom. 
 
"You complete ..." You mutter. Kris laughs, but it sounds strained.
 
You glance up at him. He seems to be thinking about something else, and you're desperate for his attention. You've been starved of it long enough. 
 
"Hey, Kris, do you want to...go somewhere? We could... get something to eat...or something." You suggest awkwardly. 
 
Kris shrugs, staring straight-ahead. Then he suddenly looks down at his hand, and then to you with a slightly alarmed expression on his face. Then he quickly regains composure, and you wonder whether he-
 
 "I've got stuff to do." His reply cuts through your thoughts. "Go on without me." 
 
You open your mouth to respond, but he's already walking briskly down the hallway and turning the corner. 
 
Frowning, you reposition your bag on your shoulder. There was still something about Kris that you couldn't quite put your finger on yet, and it annoyed you. 
 
You continue to walk down the empty hallways -or so it seemed- completely oblivious to the stranger who was dejectedly leaving the school with a heavy heart, trying to erase from his mind what he had witnessed.
I think i'm going to be forever apologizing for this story until i get to the main plot bit that i've been planning -_-'
 
Chapter 14 Preview: "I know...I know about you and Kris."