Reflections

Only You

 

The next morning, you hesitate for a second before getting up. You remember Kris' possessive, violent fan girls, and a jolt of fear runs through your body, spreading out to your fingertips and making you curl into your sheets and grip them tightly.

Then Chen's promise floats into your mind, and you smile sleepily. You decide to go straight to school. You couldn't just show Chen up on the first day of his trial.

You pull yourself out of bed, dragging your feet with occasional bouts of wild skipping. You try to calm your nerves with a cup of tea, but your hands shake too much to finish it.

Sadly watching the remains of your caffeine swirl down the sink, you weigh your options a second time.

Now that you're awake, you can fully appreciate all that is Kris and-

Wait, what?

You shake your head clear of any Kris-related thoughts, and try to steer yourself back onto your original train of thought. You consider Chen and his happy laughter, and his genuine fondness towards you.

He would be a welcome distraction from Kris. Not that you would date him for that reason! No, you would definitely fall in love with Chen, because he was someone who truly cared for you. And because Kris wasn't. Kris with his arrogant smirk, and player-like speech and-

No. You were not thinking about Kris.

You were thinking about Chen, and how his sweet style was so different from Kris' mysterious, aggressive-

Oh, man.

You realize that you've been standing with your cup upside-down over the sink for at least five minutes. You quickly rinse out your cup, and then fill it up with freezing cold water. You down the water quickly, and your overly sensitive teeth throb painfully.

Sighing, you rinse out your cup again. Just as you reach out your hand to put the cup away, you see Kris' hands in your mind. Wrapped around you, the first night you had ever spoken with him.

Wow. Seriously? You were not going to get anywhere with this.

You quickly put the cup away and you grip the edge of the counter top tightly to steady yourself.

Your thoughts drift elsewhere, ignoring the protests of your brain.

Kris had such a nice face...and a nice body...his body had felt nicely built against yours, straight smooth lines where you had curves. And his eyes, deep and mysterious. Open, yet not gratuitously revealing. There was so much you had wanted to know about Kris… so much you would now never know.

You lean your elbows on the counter top, letting your face fall into your hands.

You had already said goodbye to Kris. You couldn't be in love with him! Not now, after all that had happened...

He ignored you.” A voice in your head reminds you.

 “But he's soooo charming!” Another voice squeals. “And he was totally into you! He kissed you! And not just once! It was totally, like, three times!

You groan. Both voices seemed to be making good points, -however annoying one might've sounded- but you still had a mighty truth to 'fess up to, as well as a follow-up 'What now?' question, and an answer that might be a heart-breaker.

Did you really love Kris? And what about Chen?


argh >.< sorry i didn't update for awhile...i'm going to double-update (at some point today...) 
thank you for all your love!!! I really love my subbies~ 
I always want to update right as soon as I see all your comments...(comments=love ^^)
So apparently everyone really wants her to get Kris, so i'll try to include some of him in the next (?) chapter...